• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coolest ways to leave a show...... *spoliers* duh

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
Odd that his death on the show foreshadowed the actors real death a couple years later.

Which really sucked, he was a great actor and many wanted him back on the show.

As for a great exit. The henchman in the second episode of firefly that gets kicked and sucked into Serenity's engines. That was a great exit.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Whisperfoot said:
Odd that his death on the show foreshadowed the actors real death a couple years later.
Not that odd considering why he was being booted off the show in the first place.

Major drug problem, from what I gather.

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
Not that odd considering why he was being booted off the show in the first place.

Major drug problem, from what I gather.

Uh, It was my understanding that he left the show to follow other career options. The producers wanted a commitment, and he wanted an option for time off to follow a movie career or something. Neither side would budge so he left the show.

And he died in a car accident i think.

Thats what I remember reading under one of the "official" fan sites of his.

John Crichton

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
Uh, It was my understanding that he left the show to follow other career options. The producers wanted a commitment, and he wanted an option for time off to follow a movie career or something. Neither side would budge so he left the show.

And he died in a car accident i think.

Thats what I remember reading under one of the "official" fan sites of his.
This info is faulty. He died of a heroin overdose. It was pretty well common knowledge (for those who follow this stuff) that he had a bad drug addiction. It was the reason he was written off Angel.

Heck, I'll even link ya.

John Crichton

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
thanks for the correction

*reads*
N/P

I recall that when it was happening, it was rumored that he did leave for the reasons you mentioned. Basically it was a cover up because he was a good guy and people didn't want his problems getting out to the public.

Particle_Man

Explorer
BryonD said:
Nope. That is second best.
St Elsewhere was the best.

Chief surgeon's son was autistic. At the very end of the last episode you find out that the guy who was the chief surgean was just a blue collar working Joe. The entire show was from the son's imagination, staring at a plastic hospital in a snow globe.

Wasn't that a false emding, since they added 1 or 2 seasons to the show after it didn't get cancelled after all?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads