• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coolest ways to leave a show...... *spoliers* duh

Sado

First Post
Just_Hal said:
Just rewatched Lost season 1 on dvd and the way Ackles(I think)- the science teacher was blown up is my favorite exit from a tv show.

What is yours?
His name was Arzt, I think.

John Crichton

First Post
Just_Hal said:
Just rewatched Lost season 1 on dvd and the way Ackles(I think)- the science teacher was blown up is my favorite exit from a tv show.

What is yours?
This moment was cool but other noteworthy others are:

- Warren on Buffy. Skinless and burned to a crisp. Mmmm.

- Billy from Ally McBeal. That was before internet spoilers were all over the place. One episode he just had a brain aneurism in court and died. So sudden, so quick with only a bit of foreshadowing. I was starting to lose interest in the show at the time but it was like a sucker-punch. Not so much cool as memorable.

- Darla on Buffy. Staking herself while carrying Angel's son. Killed herself to save the kid. I recall reminding myself to breathe shortly after seeing this.

- Mulder on X-Files. Kidding. Just making sure you were still reading.

- Angel on Buffy. He just *left* because he had to. Yeah, we all knew he was getting his own show but if you step back for a second and look at it, that was probably the smartest thing and most gutsy thing that character has ever done.

- Catherine on Newsradio. Setting up Bill and Joe at her old apartment was hilarious.

"I guess these are for you."

"Thanks."

BryonD

Hero
WayneLigon said:
That pretty much wins hands-down, yep.

Nope. That is second best.
St Elsewhere was the best.

Chief surgeon's son was autistic. At the very end of the last episode you find out that the guy who was the chief surgean was just a blue collar working Joe. The entire show was from the son's imagination, staring at a plastic hospital in a snow globe.

evildmguy

Explorer
Silver Moon said:
Buffy's demise at the end of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Five. It was perfect. If they had ended the show at that point I would have been satisfied.

But for the all-time best way to end a show I still have to give the award to "Newhart", the show where Bob Newhart played Bob Loudon who managed a Vermont Inn. They ended the show with him waking up in the Chicago bedroom of Dr. Bob Hartley (his character from his previous show "The Bob Newhart Show") beside his wife Emily and telling her about this terrible nightmare that he just had about running the Inn.

I am with you for both of those. The Newhart one rocked!

Have a good one! Take care!

edg

BryonD said:
Nope. That is second best.
St Elsewhere was the best.

Chief surgeon's son was autistic. At the very end of the last episode you find out that the guy who was the chief surgean was just a blue collar working Joe. The entire show was from the son's imagination, staring at a plastic hospital in a snow globe.

Followed by the production company logo. Which, for St. Elsewhere, was the MTM kitten (a take off of the MGM lion). For St. Elsewhere, the cat had a little surgical mask drawn on. And on the last episode, the kitten flat-lined.

mojo1701

First Post
John Crichton said:
- Catherine on Newsradio. Setting up Bill and Joe at her old apartment was hilarious.

"I guess these are for you."

"Thanks."

I shall second that. What made that scene was the nudeness and the candles. Oh, and not to mention the call that Catherine was putting through to the answering machine for them to hear at that exact same moment.

LightPhoenix

First Post
mojo1701 said:
I shall second that. What made that scene was the nudeness and the candles. Oh, and not to mention the call that Catherine was putting through to the answering machine for them to hear at that exact same moment.

I'll third that. I just about peed my pants.

Call me a sap, but I loved the way Boone left on Lost... ever the optimistic helper, his last act is to forgive Jack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads