• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core books cover art

Simia Saturnalia

First Post
Personally, given the tidbit from Brazil and the fact the reaction to the PHB cover release has been profoundly and almost unanimously negative, I assume we'll be seeing a new cover in the works.

F4NBOY

First Post
Everybody happy?
attachment.php

Attachments

• phb4.JPG
    phb4.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 105

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Maybe more people should create faux covers. When GURPS 4th Ed was announced, a huge number of people said 'Looking forward to it, but day-um them's some ugly covers'. So SJG said 'You think you can do better, show us'. Several did, and they used one of the user-submitted designs, or heavily based the trade dress on his design.

Wormwood

Adventurer
F4NBOY said:
Everybody happy?

*shrug*

Still prefer the devil-themed cover---but on the off chance WotC heeds the 'outcry' and goes with "ol' predictable" here, I can only hope they don't slap a fig leaf on that poor rogues chest.

(But then again, I work in graphic arts---I see enough 'art by committee' as it is).

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
I really like the green dragon. I generally favor the older art styles, but for some reason, I don't mind WAR at all, esp. with an old-school theme like this. I don't see any rainbow mohawks for face-piercings in this picture, so I have no complaints.

Gloombunny

First Post
Aage said:
Damnit, the rogues armour has cleavage... why? WHY!? I really liked that picture before I saw that larger version... Is sensible armour to much to ask for :(
Oh man, you're right. :( I was just about to say that I really like that picture until I saw your post and looked at it more closely. Damn.

Well, aside from the gratuitous cleavage and the nose-spike, I still really like it. Predictability notwithstanding, it's just a much better piece of art than that horrible armored-streetwalker-and-horned-wizard one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads