Core Handbook Errors Discussion

iceifur

Explorer
Possible error in the PH, on page 133:

The Frigid Darkness Warlock power states that the target "grants combat advantage to all of your enemies until the end of your next turn."

Considering the flavor text and the rest of the power's effects, it should probably say "its" or "their" instead; then again, it could possibly be a very situational effect (especially for a lvl 3 attack power ;)).

Edit: Cleaned up.

Last edited:

Sashi

First Post
shoplifter said:
Found one:

PHB, p.25: Azers speak Dwarven

MM, p.22-23: Azers speak Giant

PC Azers who have escaped their Giant overlords return to speaking Dwarven. NPC Azers who remain slaves of their giant overlords speak giant?

Rechan said:
Page 159.

Cloud of Daggers:
Area 1 square within 10 squares.

I've never seen any other spell only effect 1 square. I think this is supposed to be 'Area Burst 1'.

Nope. It's just an unusual spell.

"Area burst 1" would be way too potent, given the other traits of cloud of daggers and the fact that it's an at-will power.

Imban

First Post
Sashi said:
PC Azers who have escaped their Giant overlords return to speaking Dwarven. NPC Azers who remain slaves of their giant overlords speak giant?

There are no PC Azers in the MM and the PHB table lists plenty of races (mind flayers, kuo-toa, fomorians, efreets, archons, elementals, angels, devils, gods, demons, sahuagin) which are definitely not for PC consumption already.

So it seems to just be an error.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
silentounce said:

ironic isn't it? I am sure this head desking had something to do with my spelling or grammar as I criticized a typo that didn't exist... but I still don't fully get it.

Last edited:

SuperGnome

First Post
NaturalZero said:
Not really a typo, per se. But you can only use the minotaur's racial power "when reduced to 0 hp". Not below 0, but to 0 specifically. I cant think of a single instance in 3E when anyone was reduced specfically to zero hp so i can imagine this being one of the most highly circumstantial racial powers in the books.

Opponents don't go negative. At 0 they just die (and in this case, get the ability).

So Minnie, the Minotaur Prostitute gets offended that Jozan isn't interested and they get in a fight. She has 5 HP and he does 16, she would still be at zero (dead), not -11.

Am I right on this one? I'm not pretending to be reference material. *8)

C.Chapman

First Post
Sashi said:
To be more constructive: the Banshrae's writeup implies that they have no mouth, or at least that they can't produce a strong enough breath to drive wind instruments ... but the DartSwarmer uses a blowgun? Huh?

When they load a dart in their blowgun, turn away from you, drop their pants and bend over, it's time to take cover, because the darts are about to fly! :D

cheers!
Colin

Zaister

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
Nope. It's just an unusual spell.

"Area burst 1" would be way too potent, given the other traits of cloud of daggers and the fact that it's an at-will power.

I thought Burst X means an area of X by X squares... so waht is the difference between "burst 1" and "1 square"?

Remove ads