Core Handbook Errors Discussion

Michele Carter

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Oof. I think that's a throwback to prior playtest drafts, where the feat gave eldritch blast. But I'm pretty sure the text is correct. (Also, at least in 3E, text always trumped table, except where errata stated otherwise. Dunno if that's still the case in general, but I'm pretty sure it's the case here.)

Still true (until proven otherwise). The table is in error because we changed the feat at the last moment to give the multiclasser a choice, rather than just sticking him with eldritch blast.

The table also references "designate prey" for the ranger, which should be Hunter's Quarry. (And as official "real" errata for Warrior of the Wild: it should be "once per encounter UNTIL THE END OF YOUR NEXT TURN, you can use the ranger's Hunter's Quarry feature". Just like Sneak of Shadows, it's meant to give the extra striker damage for 1 round per encounter. )

Darth Cyric

First Post
WotC_Miko said:
(And as official "real" errata for Warrior of the Wild: it should be "once per encounter UNTIL THE END OF YOUR NEXT TURN, you can use the ranger's Hunter's Quarry feature". Just like Sneak of Shadows, it's meant to give the extra striker damage for 1 round per encounter. )
Oh, good. That nips the potentially broken Warlock/Ranger or Rogue/Ranger in the bud.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't know if this is too much to ask, but what is Blade Ward's damage supposed to be?

MindWanderer

First Post
WotC_Miko said:
And as official "real" errata for Warrior of the Wild: it should be "once per encounter UNTIL THE END OF YOUR NEXT TURN, you can use the ranger's Hunter's Quarry feature". Just like Sneak of Shadows, it's meant to give the extra striker damage for 1 round per encounter.
Ouch. That's one heck of a nerf. +1d6 damage for one attack? My cleric/ranger character concept is looking worse and worse....

Darth Cyric

First Post
MindWanderer said:
Ouch. That's one heck of a nerf. +1d6 damage for one attack?
Next turn, which means it can actually be two attacks (one during the turn in which you activated HQ, and then one more on your next turn.)

Kordeth

First Post
Darth Cyric said:
Next turn, which means it can actually be two attacks (one during the turn in which you activated HQ, and then one more on your next turn.)

It can be more if your party includes a warlord or your target provokes OAs, or if you have some additional power that lets you take attacks on another creature's turn.

Darth Cyric

First Post
Kordeth said:
It can be more if your party includes a warlord or your target provokes OAs, or if you have some additional power that lets you take attacks on another creature's turn.
Hunter's Quarry damage can only be applied once per round.

Xorn

First Post
Careful Attack (Ranger 1st level At-Will)
It shows Attack: as "Dex Mod +2 vs AC" and Hit: as "1[W]"
It seems like (from DDXP pregen) it should be "Dex Mod x2 vs AC"

Since a basic range attack is "Dex Mod vs AC" and "1[W] + Dex Mod", if you have +3 or higher Dex Mod, your trade off for Careful Attack gets worse and worse, rapidly.

I'm going to assume that you double your Dex Mod on your attack roll, in exchange for not adding it to your damage.

Thasmodious

First Post
Under the clerics trained skills it lists - religion + 3 more trained from this list: arcana, diplomacy, heal, history, insight, and *religion*.

Boarstorm

First Post
Thasmodious said:
Under the clerics trained skills it lists - religion + 3 more trained from this list: arcana, diplomacy, heal, history, insight, and *religion*.

Check the rogue list. It'll blow your mind.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Xorn said:
Careful Attack (Ranger 1st level At-Will)
It shows Attack: as "Dex Mod +2 vs AC" and Hit: as "1[W]"
It seems like (from DDXP pregen) it should be "Dex Mod x2 vs AC"

Since a basic range attack is "Dex Mod vs AC" and "1[W] + Dex Mod", if you have +3 or higher Dex Mod, your trade off for Careful Attack gets worse and worse, rapidly.

I'm going to assume that you double your Dex Mod on your attack roll, in exchange for not adding it to your damage.
It seems pretty cruddy. I wonder if its not x2 as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases