CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Doc_Pippin

Explorer
How soon would you need these for?
But off the top of my head.. Ant-Man.. If I remember correctly D&D 3.5 has spells for increasing and decreasing size, so the basic mechanics of shrinking & enlarging wouldn't be too hard, just have to modify it somewhat.
Controlling ants.. I can modify a control animal spell for insects, and make some modified trick rules for an ant swarm..

Endgame Iron Man suit? ooookay.. that'll take a bit.. I have a few ideas.. I'll have to research everything the suit does.. in the mean time I have a few suits based on iron man tech on my thread here but they are based on earlier suits, to give you a start for equipment so you aren't over powered at the start of the game :p

I'll have time this weekend to work on stuff better.

Thank you for the rapid response and I will definitely be browsing the entirety of that thread. You had me at "Plasmathrower" … cause that sounds gratuitous and awesome

And no need to rush or inconvenience yourself, this game wont be until at least the 11th, my friend tested covid-19 positive (No actual symptoms luckily) so he is under quarantine until at least then.

I had also jumped on the Reduce and Enlarge spells at first, but they just do not come close to the size changes needed and they don't stack with other things that do... Like for the shrinking aspect the Marvel wiki (I don't know ant-man stuff so that's where I have been getting all my knowledge) says ant-man's normal shrunken size is 1 inch tall. The reduce person spell only halves the height of the target, so for a 6ft tall man it would take six stackable versions to reach 1.125 inches tall. The shrink item spell is less off but still not as powerful it reduces items to 1/16th their original size which while not quiet the matchbox size of Pym's vehicles it is the size of an RC car unfortunately the restriction on what can be shrunk makes this spell unhelpful, it only shrinks objects smaller than 2 cubic feet per caster level, and an average compact car is 100+ cubic feet. Enlarge person shares the same issue as reduce it only doubles the target's height but Ant-man can exceed 100ft tall in goliath form so again I was stumped.

I think the issue is the size based stat bonuses of the system. It tries to limit exponential growing or shrinking to prevent strength and dexterity boosting shenanigans and any balanced version is going to have to use a different numeric sliding scale. To complicate things further, ant-man doesn't loose strength when small, the wiki says he retains human level strength but the finer point of contact makes it appear as is shrinking makes him stronger.

As for the nano-suit, the idea I had been mulling around is that my character will only have some of the nanobots kind of like when Tony blocked the energy blast with the physical shield, it depleted his reserves and he only had a partial suit. This would mean I couldn't have flying jets and armor at the same time, or I couldn't have both strength enhancements and materialized weapons at the same time, and so on. The story would go along the line of my character swiped some nanobots from the battlefield following Tony's death and stole and upgraded the memorial arc reactor they left floating on the pond at his funeral. As the group levels up my character would either manufacture small batches of new bots or acquire more of Tony's until I eventually become Iron Man 2.0. And the exact starting quantity of nanobots is up in the air as the GM hasn't decided if he wants to start at 5th level or 8th.

kronos182

Adventurer
Thank you for the rapid response and I will definitely be browsing the entirety of that thread. You had me at "Plasmathrower" … cause that sounds gratuitous and awesome

And no need to rush or inconvenience yourself, this game wont be until at least the 11th, my friend tested covid-19 positive (No actual symptoms luckily) so he is under quarantine until at least then.

I had also jumped on the Reduce and Enlarge spells at first, but they just do not come close to the size changes needed and they don't stack with other things that do... Like for the shrinking aspect the Marvel wiki (I don't know ant-man stuff so that's where I have been getting all my knowledge) says ant-man's normal shrunken size is 1 inch tall. The reduce person spell only halves the height of the target, so for a 6ft tall man it would take six stackable versions to reach 1.125 inches tall. The shrink item spell is less off but still not as powerful it reduces items to 1/16th their original size which while not quiet the matchbox size of Pym's vehicles it is the size of an RC car unfortunately the restriction on what can be shrunk makes this spell unhelpful, it only shrinks objects smaller than 2 cubic feet per caster level, and an average compact car is 100+ cubic feet. Enlarge person shares the same issue as reduce it only doubles the target's height but Ant-man can exceed 100ft tall in goliath form so again I was stumped.

I think the issue is the size based stat bonuses of the system. It tries to limit exponential growing or shrinking to prevent strength and dexterity boosting shenanigans and any balanced version is going to have to use a different numeric sliding scale. To complicate things further, ant-man doesn't loose strength when small, the wiki says he retains human level strength but the finer point of contact makes it appear as is shrinking makes him stronger.

As for the nano-suit, the idea I had been mulling around is that my character will only have some of the nanobots kind of like when Tony blocked the energy blast with the physical shield, it depleted his reserves and he only had a partial suit. This would mean I couldn't have flying jets and armor at the same time, or I couldn't have both strength enhancements and materialized weapons at the same time, and so on. The story would go along the line of my character swiped some nanobots from the battlefield following Tony's death and stole and upgraded the memorial arc reactor they left floating on the pond at his funeral. As the group levels up my character would either manufacture small batches of new bots or acquire more of Tony's until I eventually become Iron Man 2.0. And the exact starting quantity of nanobots is up in the air as the GM hasn't decided if he wants to start at 5th level or 8th.

As I did say, base mechanics, they will require a lot of modifications.
I'll see what i can make this weekend for a start.

Doc_Pippin

Explorer
Dude, when you get that ball rolling, please send us a link so we can be flies on the wall of that crazy train.

Would if I could, but this game is IRL, that is why we must wait until after the quarantine to begin. The group is an old D&D 2e through Pathfinder group that usually takes campaigns into the realm of serious and troubling moral ambiguity or comedic absurdity, depending of seemingly random chance. I am interested to see which way this goes, I can post recaps though I doubt I would capture the bulk of the content in an interesting way. I tend to write like a researcher, lots of facts, not much poetics or quality description.

kronos182

Adventurer
Ant Suit Mk1
This suit, with helmet is designed to make use of Pym Particles to reduce the size of the wearer. While based on the original Ant-Man suit, this version was created from reverse engineering from damaged examples, or leaked information, and only reduces the user's size to that of small creatures, like a lizard. While reduced in size, the wearer maintains their strength and speed, but gains some increased durability as their molecules are more dense. The helmet contains a communicator and an EM Communicator that allows the user to have some control over insects, an air filter and passive night vision is included. On each glove between the thumb and fore finger is a button, the left for shrinking, the right for returning to normal size, the right glove also has an indicator to show how much Pym Particles are left on the underside of the wrist. A belt, with regulator, container for Pym Particles and several pouches for carrying small items.

Ant Suit MK1 (PL6)
Type: Light
Equipment Bonus: +2
Nonprof. Bonus: +1
Str Bonus: 0
Nonprof Str Bonus: 0
Max Dex: +5
Armour Penalty: -2
Speed (30 ft): 30 ft
Weight: 6 lbs
Purchase DC: 25
Restriction: Rare (+4)
Notes: night vision goggles, military radio, air filter (+4 save vs air borne toxins and poisons), EM communicator, Pym Particle Regulator, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability.

Pym Particle Regulator Mk1
With the push of a bottom, as a free action, the user can reduce their size to that of Diminutive, roughly 8 to 12 inches in height, filling a 1 ft area space, gaining a +4 size modifier to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls. While shrunk, the user is considered to have Enhanced Strength and Enhanced Durability. Shrinking and returning to normal size is nearly instantaneous, and can be combined with movement or attacks. Each time the wearer shrinks, uses up a dose of Pym Particles, and can only remain shrunk for 1 minute at a time before automatically returning to normal size. If the user attempts to return to normal size in a space not large enough, they take 2d6 damage, and forced into a space nearby that is large enough. This regulator only has enough space for 10 doses of Red Pym Particles, requiring a standard action to replace a 10 dose container.
The duration the user remain shrunk can be modified with alterations to the regulator, requiring a Craft: Electronics DC 18 and 1 minute of work, increasing the duration by 1 round for every 2 points the user beats the DC.

EM Communicator
This device uses EM waves to communicate with various insects, particularly ants, within 100 feet. The wearer can attempt to give simple orders to single insects or swarms, with a Concentration check, as a move equivalent action, the wearer can attempt to give commands, similar to the Handle Animal skill, using similar DCs at +4. If the wearer has at least 4 ranks in Handle Animal, gains +2 to the Concentration checks, and can attempt train the insects in new tricks. Simple commands include Come, Go There, Stop, Attack. To command a swarm, the wearer must first make a Concentration check DC 19, and takes up to 1 minute to summon enough insects to form a swarm, and all checks to give commands to it are increased by +2.

Ant Suit Mk2
The Mk2 suit has some improvements over the original, mostly in an improved regulator, a retractable faceplate on the helmet, improved range on the EM Communicator and a few built in tools.

Ant Suit MK2 (PL6)
Purchase DC: 26
Notes: night vision goggles, military radio, air filter (+4 save vs air borne toxins and poisons), EM communicator Mk2, Pym Particle Regulator Mk2, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability, portable blowtorch, grapple hook with 50 ft steel cable.

Pym Particle Regulator Mk2
With the push of a bottom, as a free action, the user can reduce their size to that of Diminutive, roughly 8 to 12 inches in height, filling a 1 ft area space, gaining a +4 size modifier to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls. While shrunk, the user is considered to have Enhanced Strength and Enhanced Durability. Shrinking and returning to normal size is nearly instantaneous, and can be combined with movement or attacks. Each time the wearer shrinks, uses up a dose of Pym Particles, and can only remain shrunk for 2 minutes at a time before automatically returning to normal size. If the user attempts to return to normal size in a space not large enough, they take 2d6 damage, and forced into a space nearby that is large enough. This regulator only has enough space for 20 doses of Red Pym Particles, requiring a standard action to replace a 20 dose container.
The duration the user remain shrunk can be modified with alterations to the regulator, requiring a Craft: Electronics DC 18 and 1 minute of work, increasing the duration by 1 round for every 2 points the user beats the DC.

EM Communicator Mk2
This device uses EM waves to communicate with various insects, particularly ants, within 500 feet. The wearer can attempt to give simple orders to single insects or swarms, with a Concentration check, as a move equivalent action, the wearer can attempt to give commands, similar to the Handle Animal skill, using similar DCs at +4. If the wearer has at least 4 ranks in Handle Animal, gains +2 to the Concentration checks, and can attempt train the insects in new tricks. Simple commands include Come, Go There, Stop, Attack. To command a swarm, the wearer must first make a Concentration check DC 19, and takes up to 1 minute to summon enough insects to form a swarm, and all checks to give commands to it are increased by +2.

Ant Suit Mk3
The Mk3 suit has some improvements over the original, mostly in an improved regulator, a retractable helmet, improved range on the EM Communicator and a few built in tools. The suit is also designed to make use of Blue Pym Particles, but requires manual override of the regulator. A wrist mounted touch screen on the left arm has the override system, and allows easier access to the regulator for alterations, and functions similar to a tablet, allowing text and images to be transmitted and received through the communicator.

Ant Suit MK3 (PL6)
Equipment Bonus: +3
Purchase DC: 27
Notes: night vision goggles, military radio, integrated cell phone, air filter (+4 save vs air borne toxins and poisons), EM communicator Mk2, Pym Particle Regulator Mk3, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability, portable blowtorch (5 minutes worth of fuel), grapple hook with 50 ft steel cable.

Pym Particle Regulator Mk3
Shrink - With the push of a bottom, as a free action, the user can reduce their size to that of Diminutive, roughly 8 to 12 inches in height, filling a 1 ft area space, gaining a +4 size modifier to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls. While shrunk, the user is considered to have Enhanced Strength and Enhanced Durability. Shrinking and returning to normal size is nearly instantaneous, and can be combined with movement or attacks. Each time the wearer shrinks, uses up a dose of Pym Particles, and can only remain shrunk for 2 minutes at a time before automatically returning to normal size. If the user attempts to return to normal size in a space not large enough, they take 2d6 damage, and forced into a space nearby that is large enough. This regulator only has enough space for 20 doses of Red Pym Particles and 5 Blue Pym Particles, requiring a standard action to replace a 20 dose container.
Enlarge - With a move equivalent action, which can be done as part of normal movement, the wearer can use the manual override to activate the Blue Pym Particles, causing the user to grow to 50 feet. The user is now Gargantuan in size, suffering -4 to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls, but gains 15 foot reach, occupies a 20 ft by 20 ft area, gains +6 Strength (considered Enhanced), a slam attack that deals 2d8 + Str modifier, and gains 50 bonus hit points that are subtracted from first.

EM Communicator Mk2
This device uses EM waves to communicate with various insects, particularly ants, within 500 feet. The wearer can attempt to give simple orders to single insects or swarms, with a Concentration check, as a move equivalent action, the wearer can attempt to give commands, similar to the Handle Animal skill, using similar DCs at +4. If the wearer has at least 4 ranks in Handle Animal, gains +2 to the Concentration checks, and can attempt train the insects in new tricks. Simple commands include Come, Go There, Stop, Attack. To command a swarm, the wearer must first make a Concentration check DC 19, and takes up to 1 minute to summon enough insects to form a swarm, and all checks to give commands to it are increased by +2.

Ant Suit Mk4
The Mk4 suit has some greater improvements over the original, mostly in an improved regulator, a retractable helmet, improved range on the EM Communicator and a few built in tools. The suit is also designed to make use of Blue Pym Particles, but requires manual override of the regulator. A wrist mounted touch screen on the left arm has the override system, and allows easier access to the regulator for alterations, and functions similar to a tablet, allowing text and images to be transmitted and received through the communicator. This version allows the wearer to shrink to the size of an insect, as well as a small creature, with a quick adjustment to the regulator. The time the user can remain small is increased

Ant Suit MK4 (PL6)
Notes: night vision goggles, military radio, integrated cell phone, air filter (+4 save vs air borne toxins and poisons), EM communicator Mk2, Pym Particle Regulator Mk4, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability, portable blowtorch (5 minutes worth of fuel), grapple hook with 50 ft steel cable.

Pym Particle Regulator Mk4
Shrink - With the push of a bottom, as a free action, the user can reduce their size to that of Diminutive, roughly 8 to 12 inches in height, filling a 1 ft area space, gaining a +4 size modifier to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls. While shrunk, the user is considered to have Enhanced Strength and Enhanced Durability. Shrinking and returning to normal size is nearly instantaneous, and can be combined with movement or attacks. Each time the wearer shrinks, uses up a dose of Pym Particles, and can only remain shrunk for 2 minutes at a time before automatically returning to normal size. If the user attempts to return to normal size in a space not large enough, they take 2d6 damage, and forced into a space nearby that is large enough. This regulator only has enough space for 20 doses of Red Pym Particles and 5 Blue Pym Particles, requiring a standard action to replace a 20 dose container.
The use can shrink to Fine size, gaining +8 size modifier to Defense, Attack and Hide check Rolls. The user has to manually change to Fine size as a move equivalent action, which can be part of a normal move. The user can only remain at Fine size for half the time as Diminutive.
Enlarge - With a move equivalent action, which can be done as part of normal movement, the wearer can use the manual override to activate the Blue Pym Particles, causing the user to grow to 50 feet. The user is now Gargantuan in size, suffering -4 to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls, but gains 15 foot reach, occupies a 20 ft by 20 ft area, gains +6 Strength (considered Enhanced), -4 to Dexterity, and +20 ft to land speed, a slam attack that deals 2d8 + Str modifier, and gains 50 bonus hit points that are subtracted from first.

EM Communicator Mk2

Goliath Suit
The Goliath Suit is based on the Ant-Man suit Mk4, however it is designed only to enlarge the target safely but also larger and for longer. The suit is also has increased protection.

Goliath Suit (PL6)
Equipment Bonus: +4
Max Dex: +4
Armour Penalty: -3
Weight: 8 lbs
Purchase DC: 28
Notes: night vision goggles, military radio, integrated cell phone, air filter (+4 save vs air borne toxins and poisons), EM communicator Mk2, Pym Particle Regulator Mk3, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability, portable blowtorch (5 minutes worth of fuel), grapple hook with 50 ft steel cable.

Pym Particle Regulator Mk5
This version of the regulator is altered to make extensive use of Blue Pym Particles, allowing the use to only enlarge their size, but also longer than the Ant suits.
Enlarge - With a quick action, which can be done as part of normal movement, the wearer can grow to 50 feet, or with a quick override, 100 ft. The user is now Gargantuan in size (50 ft), suffering -4 to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls, but gains 15 foot reach, occupies a 20 ft by 20 ft area, gains +6 Strength (considered Enhanced), -4 to Dexterity, and +20 ft to land speed, a slam attack that deals 2d8 + Str modifier, a stomp attack that deals 1d8 + Str modifier that can target a single medium or 2 small creatures, and gains 75 bonus hit points that are subtracted from first. Or Colossal sized at 100 ft as a move equivalent action, suffering -8 to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls, -6 Dexterity, but gains 15 ft reach, occupies a 30 ft by 30 ft area, gains +8 Strength (Enhanced), DR 5, +30 ft to land speed, and gains a 3d8 + Str modifier slam attack, a stomp attack that deals 2d6 + Str modifier that can target up to 1 large, 2 medium or 4 small creatures, gains 125 temporary hit points which are depleted first.
Can maintain Gargantuan size for 2d6 + Con modifier rounds, or Colossal for 1d6 + Con modifier rounds before requiring to return to normal size and is exhausted.
This regulator only has enough space for 20 doses of Blue Pym Particles, requiring a standard action to replace a 20 dose container.
The duration the user remain enlarged can be modified with alterations to the regulator, requiring a Craft: Electronics DC 20 and 1 minute of work, increasing the duration by 1 round for every 2 points the user beats the DC.

Enhanced Strength (Ex)
The recipient has enhanced strength, as reflected in ability bonuses, plus the recipient's carrying capacity is calculated as if the recipient had Strength +8 higher, not encumbered until reaches heavy load, unarmed strikes deal lethal damage without penalty. All of the recipient's melee attacks will deal + Strength Modifier x1.5, and when using the Power Attack feat, the bonus damage is doubled.

Enhanced Durability (Ex)
The recipient is tougher than normal, able to shrug off light wounds, gaining a weak form of damage reduction. Damage from unarmed strikes, even if they would deal lethal damage, falling and bludgeoning attacks are converted to nonlethal damage (see d20 Modern pg 141). The recipient's massive damage threshold is considered to be double normal (normally equal to Con score plus any bonuses from feats). GM Note: Against foes with super strength (other super strong or powered opponents) don't have their damage converted to nonlethal damage, but unarmed strikes will have their damage reduced by half. The recipient isn't killed until reaching -20 hit points instead of -10.

Pym Particles
Pym Particles are subatomic particles of extra dimensional nature that are capable of shunting or adding mass and reducing or increasing scale of any form of matter, compressing forces around such objects or organisms that they are applied to. Pym Particles come in two types, Red which allows for the shrinking of objects, and Blue which allows for the increasing in size of objects. However there are some dangers with the use of Pym Particles, with being exposed to and using them over protracted periods can cause extreme levels of mental instability without the use of special protection. Using the Blue particles is also dangerous, placing a great strain on the body. If exposed to Red Pym Particles without protection, or use more than 1 hour at a time, the user must make Fort save DC 18 +1 per hour, or suffer 1d3 Intelligence damage. When using Blue Pym Particles, an enlarged user can only remain large for 2d4+ Con modifier rounds before returning to normal size, and is exhausted afterwards. This can be pushed if the user makes a Fort save DC 17 +1 per each additional round, but the user will start to suffer 1d2 Con temporary damage every 2 rounds beyond the 2d4 + Con modifier rounds, and loses consciousness.
Red Pym Particles PDC 21 for a 10 dose container, Rare (+4).
Blue Pym Particle PDC 22 for a 10 dose container Rare (+4).

Size Related Attacks

Mighty Upper Cut
As a full round attack, the user can go from Diminutive or Fine size to normal as part of an attack, using their momentum to increase the power of the punch even more. The use must move at least 10 feet, making an attack at -2, dealing 2d6 damage, or 3d6 damage if Tiny. If the user is going from normal go Gargantuan or Colossal size, increases damage by +1 die for Gargantuan, or +2 die for Colossal.

Sucker Punch
The user can as part of an attack, suffering -2 to attack roll, go from normal size to Diminutive or Fine size, increasing damage by 1 die type (d4 to d6, etc) for Diminutive, or 2 die types (if at d12 increase by 1 die) for , and afterwards must make a Balance check DC 15 to land safely, or be knocked prone after the attack.

Drop Kick Bomb
If the user makes a full round leap attack, successful Jump check DC 18 and moving at least 10 feet, or dropping from more than 10 feet height while Diminutive or Tiny sized and turning to normal size at the last second, taking -2 to attack roll, increases damage by +1d6 per 10 feet and knocks the target prone. If Tiny size, double the damage.

Would if I could, but this game is IRL, that is why we must wait until after the quarantine to begin. The group is an old D&D 2e through Pathfinder group that usually takes campaigns into the realm of serious and troubling moral ambiguity or comedic absurdity, depending of seemingly random chance. I am interested to see which way this goes, I can post recaps though I doubt I would capture the bulk of the content in an interesting way. I tend to write like a researcher, lots of facts, not much poetics or quality description.

Still would be cool to see how it goes.

Doc_Pippin

Explorer
Ant Suit Mk1
This suit, with helmet is designed to make use of Pym Particles to reduce the size of the wearer. While based on the original Ant-Man suit, this version was created from reverse engineering from damaged examples, or leaked information, and only reduces the user's size to that of small creatures, like a lizard. While reduced in size, the wearer maintains their strength and speed, but gains some increased durability as their molecules are more dense. The helmet contains a communicator and an EM Communicator that allows the user to have some control over insects, an air filter and passive night vision is included. On each glove between the thumb and fore finger is a button, the left for shrinking, the right for returning to normal size, the right glove also has an indicator to show how much Pym Particles are left on the underside of the wrist. A belt, with regulator, container for Pym Particles and several pouches for carrying small items.

Ant Suit MK1 (PL6)
Purchase DC: 25
Notes: night vision goggles, military radio, air filter (+4 save vs air borne toxins and poisons), EM communicator, Pym Particle Regulator, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability.

Pym Particle Regulator Mk1
With the push of a bottom, as a free action, the user can reduce their size to that of Diminutive, roughly 8 to 12 inches in height, filling a 1 ft area space, gaining a +4 size modifier to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls. While shrunk, the user is considered to have Enhanced Strength and Enhanced Durability. Shrinking and returning to normal size is nearly instantaneous, and can be combined with movement or attacks. Each time the wearer shrinks, uses up a dose of Pym Particles, and can only remain shrunk for 1 minute at a time before automatically returning to normal size. If the user attempts to return to normal size in a space not large enough, they take 2d6 damage, and forced into a space nearby that is large enough. This regulator only has enough space for 10 doses of Red Pym Particles, requiring a standard action to replace a 10 dose container.

EM Communicator
This device uses EM waves to communicate with various insects, particularly ants, within 100 feet. The wearer can attempt to give simple orders to single insects or swarms, with a Concentration check, as a move equivalent action, the wearer can attempt to give commands, similar to the Handle Animal skill, using similar DCs at +4. If the wearer has at least 4 ranks in Handle Animal, gains +2 to the Concentration checks, and can attempt train the insects in new tricks. Simple commands include Come, Go There, Stop, Attack. To command a swarm, the wearer must first make a Concentration check DC 19, and takes up to 1 minute to summon enough insects to form a swarm, and all checks to give commands to it are increased by +2.

Ant Suit Mk2
The Mk2 suit has some improvements over the original, mostly in an improved regulator, a retractable faceplate on the helmet, improved range on the EM Communicator and a few built in tools.

Ant Suit MK2 (PL6)
Purchase DC: 26
Notes: night vision goggles, military radio, air filter (+4 save vs air borne toxins and poisons), EM communicator Mk2, Pym Particle Regulator Mk2, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability, portable blowtorch, grapple hook with 50 ft steel cable.

Pym Particle Regulator Mk2
With the push of a bottom, as a free action, the user can reduce their size to that of Diminutive, roughly 8 to 12 inches in height, filling a 1 ft area space, gaining a +4 size modifier to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls. While shrunk, the user is considered to have Enhanced Strength and Enhanced Durability. Shrinking and returning to normal size is nearly instantaneous, and can be combined with movement or attacks. Each time the wearer shrinks, uses up a dose of Pym Particles, and can only remain shrunk for 2 minutes at a time before automatically returning to normal size. If the user attempts to return to normal size in a space not large enough, they take 2d6 damage, and forced into a space nearby that is large enough. This regulator only has enough space for 20 doses of Red Pym Particles, requiring a standard action to replace a 20 dose container.

EM Communicator Mk2

Ant Suit Mk3
The Mk3 suit has some improvements over the original, mostly in an improved regulator, a retractable helmet, improved range on the EM Communicator and a few built in tools. The suit is also designed to make use of Blue Pym Particles, but requires manual override of the regulator. A wrist mounted touch screen on the left arm has the override system, and allows easier access to the regulator for alterations, and functions similar to a tablet, allowing text and images to be transmitted and received through the communicator.

Ant Suit MK3 (PL6)

Pym Particle Regulator Mk3
Enlarge - With a move equivalent action, which can be done as part of normal movement, the wearer can use the manual override to activate the Blue Pym Particles, causing the user to grow to 50 feet. The user is now Gargantuan in size, suffering -4 to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls, but gains 15 foot reach, occupies a 20 ft by 20 ft area, gains +6 Strength (considered Enhanced), a slam attack that deals 2d8 + Str modifier, and gains 50 bonus hit points that are subtracted from first.

EM Communicator Mk2

Ant Suit Mk4
The Mk4 suit has some greater improvements over the original, mostly in an improved regulator, a retractable helmet, improved range on the EM Communicator and a few built in tools. The suit is also designed to make use of Blue Pym Particles, but requires manual override of the regulator. A wrist mounted touch screen on the left arm has the override system, and allows easier access to the regulator for alterations, and functions similar to a tablet, allowing text and images to be transmitted and received through the communicator. This version allows the wearer to shrink to the size of an insect, as well as a small creature, with a quick adjustment to the regulator. The time the user can remain small is increased

Ant Suit MK4 (PL6)
Notes: night vision goggles, military radio, integrated cell phone, air filter (+4 save vs air borne toxins and poisons), EM communicator Mk2, Pym Particle Regulator Mk4, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability, portable blowtorch (5 minutes worth of fuel), grapple hook with 50 ft steel cable.

Pym Particle Regulator Mk4
The use can shrink to Fine size, gaining +8 size modifier to Defense, Attack and Hide check Rolls. The user has to manually change to Fine size as a move equivalent action, which can be part of a normal move. The user can only remain at Fine size for half the time as Diminutive.
Enlarge - With a move equivalent action, which can be done as part of normal movement, the wearer can use the manual override to activate the Blue Pym Particles, causing the user to grow to 50 feet. The user is now Gargantuan in size, suffering -4 to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls, but gains 15 foot reach, occupies a 20 ft by 20 ft area, gains +6 Strength (considered Enhanced), -4 to Dexterity, and +20 ft to land speed, a slam attack that deals 2d8 + Str modifier, and gains 50 bonus hit points that are subtracted from first.

EM Communicator Mk2

Goliath Suit
The Goliath Suit is based on the Ant-Man suit Mk4, however it is designed only to enlarge the target safely but also larger and for longer. The suit is also has increased protection.

Goliath Suit (PL6)
Equipment Bonus: +4
Max Dex: +4
Armour Penalty: -3
Weight: 8 lbs
Purchase DC: 28

Pym Particle Regulator Mk5
This version of the regulator is altered to make extensive use of Blue Pym Particles, allowing the use to only enlarge their size, but also longer than the Ant suits.
Enlarge - With a quick action, which can be done as part of normal movement, the wearer can grow to 50 feet, or with a quick override, 100 ft. The user is now Gargantuan in size (50 ft), suffering -4 to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls, but gains 15 foot reach, occupies a 20 ft by 20 ft area, gains +6 Strength (considered Enhanced), -4 to Dexterity, and +20 ft to land speed, a slam attack that deals 2d8 + Str modifier, a stomp attack that deals 1d8 + Str modifier that can target a single medium or 2 small creatures, and gains 75 bonus hit points that are subtracted from first. Or Colossal sized at 100 ft as a move equivalent action, suffering -8 to Defense, Attack and Hide check rolls, -6 Dexterity, but gains 15 ft reach, occupies a 30 ft by 30 ft area, gains +8 Strength (Enhanced), DR 5, +30 ft to land speed, and gains a 3d8 + Str modifier slam attack, a stomp attack that deals 2d6 + Str modifier that can target up to 1 large, 2 medium or 4 small creatures, gains 125 temporary hit points which are depleted first.
Can maintain Gargantuan size for 2d6 + Con modifier rounds, or Colossal for 1d6 + Con modifier rounds before requiring to return to normal size and is exhausted.
This regulator only has enough space for 20 doses of Blue Pym Particles, requiring a standard action to replace a 20 dose container.
The duration the user remain enlarged can be modified with alterations to the regulator, requiring a Craft: Electronics DC 20 and 1 minute of work, increasing the duration by 1 round for every 2 points the user beats the DC.

Enhanced Strength (Ex)
The recipient has enhanced strength, as reflected in ability bonuses, plus the recipient's carrying capacity is calculated as if the recipient had Strength +8 higher, not encumbered until reaches heavy load, unarmed strikes deal lethal damage without penalty. All of the recipient's melee attacks will deal + Strength Modifier x1.5, and when using the Power Attack feat, the bonus damage is doubled.

Enhanced Durability (Ex)
The recipient is tougher than normal, able to shrug off light wounds, gaining a weak form of damage reduction. Damage from unarmed strikes, even if they would deal lethal damage, falling and bludgeoning attacks are converted to nonlethal damage (see d20 Modern pg 141). The recipient's massive damage threshold is considered to be double normal (normally equal to Con score plus any bonuses from feats). GM Note: Against foes with super strength (other super strong or powered opponents) don't have their damage converted to nonlethal damage, but unarmed strikes will have their damage reduced by half. The recipient isn't killed until reaching -20 hit points instead of -10.

Pym Particles
Pym Particles are subatomic particles of extra dimensional nature that are capable of shunting or adding mass and reducing or increasing scale of any form of matter, compressing forces around such objects or organisms that they are applied to. Pym Particles come in two types, Red which allows for the shrinking of objects, and Blue which allows for the increasing in size of objects. However there are some dangers with the use of Pym Particles, with being exposed to and using them over protracted periods can cause extreme levels of mental instability without the use of special protection. Using the Blue particles is also dangerous, placing a great strain on the body. If exposed to Red Pym Particles without protection, or use more than 1 hour at a time, the user must make Fort save DC 18 +1 per hour, or suffer 1d3 Intelligence damage. When using Blue Pym Particles, an enlarged user can only remain large for 2d4+ Con modifier rounds before returning to normal size, and is exhausted afterwards. This can be pushed if the user makes a Fort save DC 17 +1 per each additional round, but the user will start to suffer 1d2 Con temporary damage every 2 rounds beyond the 2d4 + Con modifier rounds, and loses consciousness.
Red Pym Particles PDC 21 for a 10 dose container, Rare (+4).
Blue Pym Particle PDC 22 for a 10 dose container Rare (+4).

Size Related Attacks

Mighty Upper Cut
As a full round attack, the user can go from Diminutive or Fine size to normal as part of an attack, using their momentum to increase the power of the punch even more. The use must move at least 10 feet, making an attack at -2, dealing 2d6 damage, or 3d6 damage if Tiny. If the user is going from normal go Gargantuan or Colossal size, increases damage by +1 die for Gargantuan, or +2 die for Colossal.

Sucker Punch
The user can as part of an attack, suffering -2 to attack roll, go from normal size to Diminutive or Fine size, increasing damage by 1 die type (d4 to d6, etc) for Diminutive, or 2 die types (if at d12 increase by 1 die) for , and afterwards must make a Balance check DC 15 to land safely, or be knocked prone after the attack.

Drop Kick Bomb
If the user makes a full round leap attack, successful Jump check DC 18 and moving at least 10 feet, or dropping from more than 10 feet height while Diminutive or Tiny sized and turning to normal size at the last second, taking -2 to attack roll, increases damage by +1d6 per 10 feet and knocks the target prone. If Tiny size, double the damage.

You sir (or madam I don't know you so I will include both) are a gentleman (or the equivalent) and a scholar. Seriously, you went above and beyond the best outcome I had anticipated. Thank you.

Additionally, Vito (the ant-man player) badgered me until I agreed to express his appreciation. He wanted to say that he thought you were "amaze-balls" and that the active Coreline community are "the heart of what makes RPing awesome"

kronos182

Adventurer
You sir (or madam I don't know you so I will include both) are a gentleman (or the equivalent) and a scholar. Seriously, you went above and beyond the best outcome I had anticipated. Thank you.

Additionally, Vito (the ant-man player) badgered me until I agreed to express his appreciation. He wanted to say that he thought you were "amaze-balls" and that the active Coreline community are "the heart of what makes RPing awesome"
I identify as male. And you're quite welcome. I just need to make the shrinking discs still.
I might even make some suits and equipment based on the animated verisons. The goliath suit is based on the comics.

Still need to work on the Iron Man suit.. although you mentioned it's powered by the arc reactor that was put on the river after Tony's death? that one is too weak for anything like a nano suit. it barely powered the Mk2 and Mk3.

Doc_Pippin

Explorer
I identify as male. And you're quite welcome. I just need to make the shrinking discs still.
I might even make some suits and equipment based on the animated verisons. The goliath suit is based on the comics.

Still need to work on the Iron Man suit.. although you mentioned it's powered by the arc reactor that was put on the river after Tony's death? that one is too weak for anything like a nano suit. it barely powered the Mk2 and Mk3.

Ya the old arc reactor would not be the final power source, it would just act as a guide on how to start on the iron man tech and stolen digital designs would act as upgrades along the way. The character is going to be a tech-themed inventor kinda of like a nihilistic morally bankrupt version of iron man who serves as a mercenary and by stealing and studying Tony's stuff my character would recreate his tech and become a more effective and expensive (which pays for the tech) hired gun.

Last edited:

Doc_Pippin

Explorer
Oh, I also found this on the D20 modern SRD and I figured with a little modification it could work for the shrinking vehicles

Shrinking Paint Job

This paint job allows the vehicle to "shrink" to a matchboxsized version small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand. Shrinking or enlarging the vehicle requires a command word, and the vehicle takes a full-round action to shrink or return to full size. The vehicle will not shrink if it contains any living beings, but can be shrunk with up to 50 pounds of cargo stored in its trunk. The vehicle will not unfold if it is in an area that will not allow it to expand to its full size. A vehicle in its toy size has a hardness of 5 and 5 hit points. The vehicle is destroyed and cannot be repaired if reduced to 0 hit points in its toy form.

Type: Wondrous Item (vehicular); Caster Level: 7th; Purchase DC: 30; Weight: - (factored into the vehicle's weight).

Remove ads