CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
I wonder what Halloween would be like on Coreline. I mean Coreline probably already has plenty of spooks and such, but Halloween is known in myth and folklore as a day where boundaries between worlds become thin and the dead and the fey roam the land. The wearing of costumes was originally intended to disguise the wearers from these beings. The offering of treats may be required to appease them. Then there are the fictions who are associated with Halloween. I may have more ideas later.

I have stats for the Moto-Bug and Buzz Bomber, I just need to get them up on the thread.

Lots of ghosts, zombies, ghouls and the like.. Ghostbusters are extremely busy.. Reapers (ever seen Dead Like Me?) are busy.. many people are locked up in their homes or emergency shelters to avoid the worse of things..

The short stories by OrionPax09 and others show one Halloween, and it's a pretty hard-core "everything spooky rampages all over the place" kind of scenario. Although obviously this doesn't happens ALL of the time. Still, expecting things like several versions of Michael Myers rampaging through Haddonfield (and the towns that stood in for it throughout the "Halloween" film series) and guys trying to empower their spells for whatever-the-heck-is-their-plans by sacrificing something to Samhain.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I think it would be interesting if people could actually avoid some trouble by adhering to traditions like trick-or-treating. So if you put on a costume you can avoid monsters troubling you, though perhaps the costume needs to be sufficiently convincing? If a fairy shows up at your home you can offer a treat to avoid having to deal with their tricks.

I am giving some thought to the possibility of Warhammer 40000 Orks appearing on Earth. Even if the initial Waagh! is dealt with the spores could of course spawn additional Orks that might become semi-feral. You might have Orks that steal bikes and become a biker gang, some that steal ships and become Freebooters, some acting as mercenaries, etc. Then there could be Fantasy Orcs and Goblins, though it might be hard to tell the difference and they would probably mingle.

In a world with all kinds of Fiction available, many monsters can be counteracted in such a fashion. Guess the Fair Folk is one of them. With many others, like Myers, the "Borderlands" solution (read "the one with the biggest guns and set of (important part of the groin area) wins") must apply.

As for Orks, was thinking that the clans that thrive are one like the Blood Axes (because they are the reasonable (...ish...) Ork Klan).

Where best to place some Warhammer Fantasy stuff...? England sounds like an incredibly obvious spot, of course, but maybe Spain instead? Think there's a nice enough community there to "set some seeds" during the Vanishing, plus stuff like the original Inquisition obviously means the whole "regression" thing is showing off.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I mean the Old World is based on Europe, Africa and Asia, though focusing on the European parts, Naggaroth is based on North America and Lustria is based on South America. It is hard to pick out one place, aside perhaps from England where the creators are from, that is obvious to associate with Warhammer. Maybe there can be pockets of Warhammer stuff in multiple places and maybe even a copy of the whole world somewhere out in space?

Lord Zack

Explorer
Age of Sigmar is a little tricky, because it has its own cosmology that doesn't even have planets. We could have some stuff from Age of Sigmar show up, just not in any particular place.

kronos182

Adventurer
Age of Sigmar is a little tricky, because it has its own cosmology that doesn't even have planets. We could have some stuff from Age of Sigmar show up, just not in any particular place.

What was Age of Sigmar again? I know of Fantasy (haven't read into any of the lore), and 40K of course... but not Sigmar..

Lord Zack

Explorer
It is a follow-up to Warhammer Fantasy, set an indeterminate amount of time in the future, after the destruction of the old world and the creation of a new one.

I have a few ideas I've been thinking about:

A base of protoss that appeared on the Yucatan Peninsula during the 23 hours.

An agreement by several spacefaring nations that have interest in Earth, to not meddle with Earthly affairs and to protect Earth when it is threatened. Called the Riah Accord (after the formal name of Side 6) and is so full of loopholes that it effectively only prevents an actual invasion.

Tau incursion into the Koprulu Sector along with an invasion by the Imperium of Man led by the Ultramarines. The Tau have opened negotiations with the Terran Dominion, Protoss Protectorate and even the Zerg Triumvirate. The Alpha Quadrant Alliance has some interests in the sector, establishing Deep Space KS One over the world of Haven, a Federation Protectorate.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases