• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Could 5E Use A Branded Magazine In Stores (Again)?

Would you like to see a monthly magazine like DUNGEON or DRAGON in print again?

• Yes!

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • No, you Flumph.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Maybe, but. . .

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Poll closed .

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
seems to retail for £5.
Is it as a print format?

Anyway I'm not suggesting that all those thing should be in all issues. Some of those, in a web format for Dmguild for a few buck could maybe be worth the time. Could even ask for the help of some guild adepts as freelancers.

HarbingerX

Rob Of The North
Articles on a website achieves the same goal and is so cheap it can be made free for consumers. Kids will find the website and go from there.

Personally, I'd love to see more columns with regular features like the more popular dragon articles.

GreyLord

Legend
I think there are two different questions there.

I think there may be some who would like to see a magazine in print...but that era overall is dead.

With the numbers out there it is possible that a third party might be able to turn a profit, but I do not feel the margins are large enough for WotC to really consider it on their own at this point.

Panda-s1

Scruffy and Determined
No. Magazines died years ago.
while I agree magazines aren't popular anymore, they're still very much around. I thought the same thing 10 years ago, but they're still readily available. it's just a lot of magazines that cover niche subjects have largely moved to the internet. general interest, gossip, and news magazines are still readily available.

Arilyn

Hero
I know it's not profitable, but that wasn't the question, was it? Do I want it? Yes! Not going to get it, but that's different from wanting. 😁

So, here's the thing - they don't need to do "magazine in e-format". They don't need to make a magazine, make a pdf of it, and send it to you. That's not really adapting to the new terrain.

I could see a subscription service on a storefront like DMsGuild. Frankly, I'm not all that interested in a Dragon clone, but I'd love it if Paizo was publishing Dungeon again.

It's almost impossible to make a profit with any print magazine - they are all moving online only.

The question is akin to "should WotC hire town criers?"

Obsolete media is obsolete.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads