Creamsteak's Pathfinder Sunless Citadel [IC]

Kaodi

Hero
Snag steps around the remains of the dead rats to give space for Aramil to climb down from the rope. " Looks like they were viscious little bastards, but no match for cold steel, " he comments as he surveys the area.

Creamsteak

Explorer
At the edge of sight, a fortress top emerges from the darkness. The subterranean citadel, though impressive, seems long forgotten, if the lightless windows, cracked crenellations, and the leaning towers are any indication. All is quiet, though a cold breeze blows up from below, bringing with it the scent of dust and a fait trace of rot.

attachment.php

The stairs present little danger, though one that runs might topple over the side.

After the descent, you arrive at a crumbling courtyard.

The narrow stairs empty into a small courtyard, apparently the top of what was once a crenellated battlement. The buried citadel has sunk so far into the earth that the battlement is now level with the surrounding cavern floor. The floor stretches away to the north and south, and it is apparently composed of a layer of treacherous, crumbled masonry, which reaches to an unknown depth. To the west looms the surviving structure of what must be the Sunless Citadel. A tower stands on the west side of the courtyard.

Attachments

• Untitled0.jpg
    Untitled0.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 177

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Thunder takes in all the sights around him before pressing forward. He takes his time so as to not miss anything (OOC: fine details of environment).

OOC: Taking 20 on a Perception/Search check (if necessary).

Creamsteak

Explorer
The debris that surrounds the keep is unsafe, and takes delicate balance to move over the shifting rubble. The structure is in various degrees of decay, and there's not much that looks worth anything outside of the keep.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Noticing the unsafe rubble Thunder mutters aloud: Perfect place for a trap.

The he yells: Get the rogue down here; this area has hidden trap written all over it!

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Creamsteak said:
Aramil: The DC of the climb check is 0, so I wouldn't be overstating your peril.

Sorry, didn't want to be a drama queen :eek:
[/sblock]
Aramil takes in all the sights around him, too. Perhaps his elven eyes will notice something hidden.
"If we need light up there, I could use my magic to levitate a light source."

ooc: makes a perception check, taking 20, too = 24 (20 + cc training + racial bonus)

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
" I have a name, damn it, and if you want me to keep you from walking into a pit I suggest you show some respect and use it, " growls Snag angrily as he moves past Thunder to examine the area thoroughly.

( Taking 20 for 25, and if nothing comes up moving on to the door of the citadel. )

Creamsteak

Explorer
Snag carefully inspects the footing leading up to the door, and manages to uncover an untriggered 10x10 concealed pit trap. It can be bypassed by walking carefully around the edge to get to the next door.

Kaodi

Hero
Pointing out the area of the pit trap to the others, Snag says, " You might want to step around that. Give me a minute and I will see about getting the doors open... "

Betting that the pit trap is only the first on many insidious devices, Snag inspects the door for others traps and checks to see if it is locked...

Remove ads