Creamsteak's Pathfinder Sunless Citadel [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
There is nothing of any interest, no monsters, no traps, no treasure in the small room. Your listening to the west door also yields nothing of interest, but when you open the door, you find something of interest.

Crudely executed symbols and glyphs, scribed in bright green dye, decorate this large and irregularly shaped crumbling chamber. A large pit in the chamber's center shows evidence of a recent bonfire. A metallic cage in the center of the southern wall contains a gaping hole and stands empty. A small wooden bench draped with green cloth stands before the cage, and upon it sits several small objects. A bedroll lies near the wooden bench, from which the sound of whimpering is plainly audible.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled0.jpg
    Untitled0.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 152

Kaodi

Hero
Waving them over, Snag whispers to his companions, " Does someone with a better mind for talking nice want to see what that whimpering is about? "

Walking Dad

First Post
Aramil

"Oh Thunder, I don't think this is what Snag had in mind as he asked for talking nice." Aramil responds as he readies himself for a possible attack.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Walking Dad said:
"Oh Thunder, I don't think this is what Snag had in mind as he asked for talking nice." Aramil responds as he readies himself for a possible attack.
"Hey, I can talk nice. I just want to know what cowardly creature lies beneath this mess before engaging it in convesation."

Pinotage

Explorer
Skye - Human Cleric - AC 16 - hp 17/17 - Perception (+7)

She waited by the western door until Snag caught up with them, aware that it was unlikely, as mentioned earlier, that the Hucreles would've locked doors behind them. Then again, if they were in trouble anything was possbile.

She followed the others into the room, her eyes wide. "Oooh. Now this is a change. Actually quite homely." She readjusted her shield as she too heard the whimpering, but quickly moved after Thunder as he rudely pulled the blanket away from whatever was there. "Steady, Thunder, you might hurt him. Her. It. Something."

She glanced at the bundle of something and said, "No need to worry, there, my friend. Let's take a look at you and see if we can help. Thunder here is all big and strong, but he's really soft at heart. And not nearly as ugly as you think he is. Quite handsome for a human." She paused sheepishly. "Sorry. Take your time, friend. Just come out and Skye will look after you."

[SBLOCK=OOC]OOC: Diplomacy Check for Whimpering Something: 26.

Spells and Abilities Active:

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Turn Undead (1 Used)

Spells Prepared:

Spells Prepared (Normal 3/1, Wis 0/1):

Level 0 (3): Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
Level 1 (2): Bless, Protection from Evil

Skye's Character Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Thunder violently rips the bedding away and reveals a strange and sniveling kobold with blue tinged skin.

dx0120fc_fightclub_meepo1.jpg

Skye tries everything to talk to the creature diplomatically, but it initially runs with surprising agility. The creature seems to have a rudimentary understanding of the cleric's words, but elects to put a gap between itself and the evil bedroll-thief. It yells a few random curses in draconic while shifting back and forth with his beady little eyes locked on the fighter.

When he talks, he has to cut back tears even when he's this excited. His 'conversation' skills are laced with sadness, missery, fear, and false bravado. He seems more than a little strange even with all of that taken into account.

"Meepo does not know who you are, but it does not matter. You do not belong here, hairmonkey! Meepo don't know anything! Just leave Meepo alone! Don't hurt Meepo, or you'll be sorry! Meepo is very mighty!"

Despite his claim, this particular kobold looks runty, even for a kobold.

Creamsteak

Explorer
To thunder's question, the furious little monster replies rather boldly, "Was the cage of Meepo's dragon! Meepo is the dragon keeper!"

However, when he responds to Aramil's use of draconic, his horrible scratching voice sounds a bit more... tame. [sblock=draconic]"You show some knowledge of the language, human. If you really want questions answered, then stay your hands and I will show you to one who can answer them..."[/sblock]

"...Ugly hairmonkeys!"

Remove ads