Level Up (A5E) Create or destroy Water creates nonpotable water. Does purify food and drink make that water potable?

Stalker0

Legend
Basically, then, purify food and water is somewhat misnamed -- it should be called something like neutralize poison.

<grins, ducks and runs>
I agree, the name doesn't really fit the mechanics. I've had players give me the eyebrow when I try to explain that purify water doesn't really you know..."purify" the water:)

Stalker0

Legend
I figure having to spend a spell slot to get 1 Supply is a decent enough trade-off.
It is when your group is operating under a "dungeon crawl" mindset, where you have 4-6 encounters a day and every spell is important.

But a lot of adventure/travel type games don't work that way. It could be days between one encounter and the next. In that model, getting supplies from spells effectively means supplies aren't a thing.

What LU did with supplies is a really good change, and preventing spells from just creating them is very important. It does create some weird flavor areas, but I think it is worth it.

What LU did with supplies is a really good change, and preventing spells from just creating them is very important. It does create some weird flavor areas, but I think it is worth it.
While I don't entirely disagree, I also find that nerfing many spells so that supply is a thing to be a bit too gamist IMO: RAW It's easier to resurrect people than to feed them, which doesn't make much sense...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't disagree
On a month-long journey scale, unless you're running multiple monster encounters every day of the journey in order to exhaust the party's daily resources (which would make for a very tedious game) spell slots are not a cost. Allowing them to replenish Supply removes Supply from the game completely. Spell slots and Supply operate at different scales; they cannot be mathematically equivalent.

You can do what you like in your own game, of course, but if you do choose to allow more spells to replenish Supply, be aware that Supply will stop being a factor in your journeys.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases