• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

Cleon

Legend
The lizard lord prefers to fight in lizard or hybrid form, grabbing and chewing opponents as a lizard. As a humanoid, he typically eschews weapons in favor of his hypnotic gaze.

Pretty weak, but it's a start.

Oughtn't that be giant lizard form? I doubt he fights much as a Tiny gecko.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The lizard lord prefers to fight in giant lizard or hybrid form, grabbing and chewing opponents as a lizard. As a humanoid, he typically eschews weapons in favor of his hypnotic gaze. When the Lizard Lord needs to use stealth, for espionage, for example, he takes his normal lizard form.

Any suggestions?

Cleon

Legend
The lizard lord prefers to fight in giant lizard or hybrid form, grabbing and chewing opponents as a lizard. As a humanoid, he typically eschews weapons in favor of his hypnotic gaze. When the Lizard Lord needs to use stealth, for espionage, for example, he takes his normal lizard form.

Any suggestions?

Well I'd tweak it a bit. Maybe have him only swallow weak-seeming foes? How about...

The lizard lord prefers to fight in giant lizard or hybrid form. He often grabs opponents in his jaws as a giant lizard, swallowing those he judges too weak to seriously damage him and chewing more powerful opponents. In humanoid form, he typically eschews weapons in favor of his hypnotic gaze. When the Lizard Lord needs stealth he often takes on his normal lizard form.

freyar

Sure, works for me!

Description: A powerfully built man with a rough appearance to his skin.

I'm trying to suggest scales without actually coming out and saying it. Maybe we should describe the hybrid/lizardfolk form, though.

Cleon

Legend
Sure, works for me!

Description: A powerfully built man with a rough appearance to his skin.

I'm trying to suggest scales without actually coming out and saying it. Maybe we should describe the hybrid/lizardfolk form, though.

Why not? The original description says he has scale skin in humanoid form - "he sometimes appears as an imperious human male with the jewelled, beaded skin of a gila monster."

The scales of a Heloderma suspectum are hardly inconspicuous.

freyar

I kind of figured the hybrid form could be the one with the more conspicuous scales. But do you have a suggestion?

Cleon

Legend
I kind of figured the hybrid form could be the one with the more conspicuous scales. But do you have a suggestion?

Well we could have something lik:

The being resembles a bald male human covered in bold yellow and black stripes and spots. A closer examination reveals this coloration is not paint but a pattern of fine reptilian scales on his skin. The creature's eyes are a dark golden color and amazingly intense, drawing the viewer to gaze deeply into them.

Remove ads