Critical Role Critical Role's Kickstarter Breaks $1,000,000 In About An Hour!

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

6b23fe44b487d4ab799e793103bbcb6f_original.png

"Critical Role's The Legend of Vox Machina reunites your favorite D&D heroes for a professional-quality animated special!"

Also on offer are theme song MP3s, production art prints, sticker sets, dice, playing card sets, plushies, pin sets, canvas bags, and more.

If I was WOTC, I would totally make some demands. Like some commercial ads for DnD put in the series, or the rights to put out an official tie in splat book.

Sure, if you want to risk alienating Critical Role and their fan base. It's not like Critical Role is beholden to WotC. What would stop them from switching systems to Pathfinder, or something else?

Making demands just seems like a great way to ruin a potentially great partnership opportunity.

They just did a live Q&A on twitch (if you subscribe to the channel you can probably watch it VOD). It opened if a few of them sitting on a sofa just dumbstruck.

Tiles

Explorer
Chris Perkins was a guest player 2 weeks ago (?). He played a crazy Kobold and was shown much love. They know who runs the fun. And Chris appeared to love them right back.

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/criticalrole/critical-role-the-legend-of-vox-machina-animated-s/

Kicktraq has it trending towards $73,740,133. I think 5 million to 20 million is more realistic, max 30 million.

Still what would they do if they did get say 73 million dollars, I mean that is summer blockbuster movie level money with less expenses? How many times can they add 22 more minutes before it turns into a TV show?

Sure session 2 has 3,833,400 views on the first video however, The back rewards have limits at the higher levels and their is a cap of the number of critters with money to spare. The 1K, 2.5K, 5K, and 10K rewards are gone so I suspect your going to see a massive drop of going forward. They might sell out of the 20K and 25K 5of5 rewards for 225K, but they are going to be limited to only $750, $500, $400, $300, $200, $100, $50, and $20 rewards. As those buy out I think your going to see the average backing value drop dramatically. If they break 6 million I would very surprised but considering that is with a $ 750,000 goal that's nothing to laugh at. They are breaking records all around but they are still way more niche than star citizen with its $200 million in crowd funding from about $1 million backers. They second key here is that backers for star citizens hand basically have unlimited backer prize potential since they create one digital ship and they can let everyone down load it. I am not sure then can actually support the physical prizes with more than 6 million. That said 5 million in raised funs seems like a forgone conclusion at this point assuming they don't dry out of rewards and people don't donate just to say they donated to this record.

...We will see.

Iry

Hero
WotC’s best move is to go Spider-Man on this. Just let CR use any IP they want at no charge, as long as CR doesn’t go full Pathfinder on them. The advertising CR generates for D&D pays for itself many times over, and it helps both parties the most to basically hug and be visible friends.

Remove ads

Remove ads