Critical Role Critical Role's New Show - Exandria Unlimited!

Critical Role is launching a new 8-week D&D 5E campaign on June 24th called Exandria Unlimited.

ExandriaUnlimited_FullCast_ByHeirlumePhotography_72dpi_CR_01_800.jpg

"Exandria Unlimited is the newest eight episode mini-campaign brought to you by, and existing within, the same world as Critical Role. Following a fresh-faced and freshly formed crew of characters, this adventure begins in Emon, a city still recovering from the scars of the Chroma Conclave attack nearly 30 years later."

The show features Matt Mercer (as a player not DM), Aabria Iyenger (who will be the DM for this show), Aimee Carrero (who currently plays She-Ra), Robbie Daymond (voice of Marvel's animated Spider-man), Ashley Johnson (co-founder of Critical Role), and Liam O'Brien (also from the main Critical Role show).

I am so hyped for this!

Last edited by a moderator:

jgsugden

Legend
They certainly sold it well, and I'm glad the Matt gets to play some. Being a full time DM can be rough. I expect it to be very good, although I'd have said "2 months" rather than 8 weeks if I were them to give them the flexibility to wrap it up anywhere between 7 and 10 weeks depending upon how the story unfolds.

I really wish that Matt had said that Campaign 3 would feature 'all your old favorites' or something to that end. Everything they've said about campaign 3 has been very vague - seemingly intentionally. I have this lingering feeling that it means someone is leaving - and I'd put my money on Sam.

MarkB

Legend
I really wish that Matt had said that Campaign 3 would feature 'all your old favorites' or something to that end. Everything they've said about campaign 3 has been very vague - seemingly intentionally. I have this lingering feeling that it means someone is leaving - and I'd put my money on Sam.
If it happens, it happens. This group has been together as players, friends and business partners for a long time now, and nothing remains stable forever.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
"Exandria Unlimited is the newest eight episode . . .

The show features Matt Mercer (as a player not DM), Aabria Iyenger (who will be the DM for this show), Aimee Carrero (who currently plays She-Ra), Robbie Daymond (voice of Marvel's animated Spider-man), Ashley Johnson (co-founder of Critical Role), and Liam O'Brien (also from the main Critical Role show).
So, does "Unlimited" refer to the number of PCs? Because eight episodes sounds limited to me.

silentdante

Explorer
as far as "Big Announcement" goes this was a little underwhelming. i am interested because i want to see Matt play, but i dont know who this new DM is (or GM as they kept saying) since i havent delved into other RPG shows yet. i really thought they were going to have an announcement to coincide with all the WOTC big summer stuff, who knows maybe still.

they also didnt comment on if the episodes are 2 hours, 4 hours so 8 episodes could be a decent little story.

honestly i am hooked on what they put out until i'm not, and i dont think this will knock me out of interest, and i am looking forward to campaign 2 wrap up coming up. the battle royal not as much.

NerdyBird

Explorer

That's quite a leap. Maybe everything's vague because they haven't cemented the details, and if they told the fandom things that didn't actually come to pass they'd get naughty word on. When Marvel first announces the next wave of movies, do they give all the details? No, they say we're doing Wave 47 and here are the titles. Then as we get closer to the release date we get more details. So as we get closer to Campaign 3, we'll get more details.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases