Blog (A5E) Crossing the Titan’s Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exploration pillar is a large part of Level Up; Advanced 5th Edition. One aspect of this third of the game are our new journey rules. In this article, we’re going to walk you through a journey.

COMING SOON! -- Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! Level up your 5E game! This standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love! Don't forget to click to get notified when the Kickstarter launches!

image3 copy.jpg

An earlier version of this article referred to the Region as ‘Deep Jungle’. The name of this Region ended as Tangled Forest in the core rulebook, and this article has been updated to match it.

Last edited:

Darkwynters

Explorer
So using the Titan’s Garden example, what would happen if the ranger had jungle (guessing forest also) as their favored terrain. The ranger in the example has advantage already… so does A5e do favored terrain different from O5e. Perhaps a small screenshot of maybe the first couple of levels of the official ranger or a shot of favored terrain could help us A5e followers to understand, Morris.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
what does spekked mean? I tried to google it but I got that it was middle-english for speckled. I don't think that is what you meant. Any chance you could help me out?
I read it as "spec'd" or someone who build to the specific specifications for long range combat.
It was "Spec'd" only I was tired and not paying attention to what I was typing. >.>

So yeah. Someone in a5e could have tried to make long-ranged attacks without disadvantage through some sort of combo of abilities, and then Heavy Undergrowth added it back in to make sure everyone gets disadvantage in thick jungle but only at long range.

The 15' thing works just fine, too, obviously.

Caliburn101

Explorer
A Weather result of 21-25 is SNOW in a Deep Jungle!? Change that last random weather category to Heavy Rain guys and gals...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Result 21-25 is SNOW in a deep jungle? Change that last random weather category to Heavy Rain guys and gals...
While a jungle is often in tropical climes in our world, the Region defined here covers all non-magical heavy forests.

We very much wait with anticipation the wide variety of more specific Regions that we hope the community creates (for sale or not)! I'm excited to see your Tropical Rainforest Region, and I'm sure I will use it! :)

Faolyn

(she/her)
While a jungle is often in tropical climes in our world, the Region defined here covers all non-magical heavy forests.
It's probably too late, but if not, you might want to think about using the term rainforest or simply dense forest (or even dense rainforest). Jungle has a specific connotation, while rainforest is equally tropical and temperate. Optionally, you could just have the thing say that in hot climates, 21+ is more rain and in temperate climates, it's snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases