Do you have a Crown Royal dice bag?

• I have one

Votes: 84 57.5%
  • I don\'t have one.

Votes: 54 37.0%
  • What are dice?

Votes: 8 5.5%

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I was looking at WOTC's latest DND ad in Dungeon, (The one with all the gear for a true adventurer, armor, rope, core books, dice, etc) And I noticed the Dice Bag was a Crown Royal bag. Even WOTC uses one, everyone does. I've never drank Crown Royal and I have 2. I've played with lots of people who do. So I began to wonder just how pervasive it is.

How many people here keep your dice, (or at least some of them) in a old Crown Royal bag.

Sodalis

First Post
i first saw it when my roommate brought his old gaming dice to a session. i thought it was funny and I rather keep mine in the dice box thing they came in. I had like six sets of those... and they all were kept separate.

When I noticed how much easier it was to lug one around- i boughta bunch of small bags to keep my dice in (individual sets) and those in a larger bag-

all are color matched and arranged from top to bottom based on how much usage they got-

the ones on the bottom are the "bad" dice- the ones that are on top are the "good" ones-

LEAVE ME ALONE- like you guys dont do things like that...:p

Last edited:

Pramas

Explorer
I had the same Crown Royal dice bag for about a decade before it finally fell apart. A few months ago I actually bought a dice bag and it was no substitute. Relief came from Green Ronin webmaster Evan Sass, who got me a bottle of Crown Royal for my birthday this past weekend, complete with bag. Wohoo!

frankthedm

First Post
I have about 5 of them [2 large & 3 small ],and I to have not yet bought any crown royal either. Though right now i am using a huge homemade black denim dicebag with a flaming skull patch .

Hi all! :)

I think I may be one of the few non-US/Canadian proud owners of a Crown Royal Dice bag courtesy of a canadian aunt who sadly passed away not so long ago. I am sure she would be happy to see it put to good use.

Incidently I have found turning the bag inside out has kept it in good condition* - I have the bag at least 10 years.

*and my dice appreciate the added luxury - they haven't let me down yet! :D

Bugbear

First Post
I still have my Original Crown Royal bag from the mid-eighties (Allong with most of my dice from the mid-eighties), still in most excelent condition.

As someone else said, no other bag comes close. :D

Psion

Adventurer
Upper_Krust said:
They come in different sizes?

Indeed, though "large" and "small" isn't sufficiently descriptive. I have one the size of a mini-flask, one normal size, and one to hold a fifth-sized bottle (which a bartender who used to play in my group gave me upon seing that I actually had encoung dice to make my normal sized bag look overstuffed.)

Remove ads