Crusader Kings III

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Lol the North Korea strategy.

Basically you skip the feudalism part of the game. One ruler no vassals.
Haha, interesting way to play the game, I wouldn't have even thought to do this.

I've been looking through videos that are all "10 things I wish I knew when I started". I now know that the reason I gained a heap of vassals when I became Duke was because they were my de jure vassals, so the king gave them to me to reduce strife in the kingdom thus paving the way for me to overthrow him.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Apparently the best physicians lock you in your room after breaking a pot of angry bees there with you.

As an emperor, I'm finding it hard keeping on top of everything. I'm also not the dynasty head which has crippled me a bit since I can't modify my dynasty boons nor can I use various decisions that require being the dynasty head.

Zardnaar

Legend
Apparently the best physicians lock you in your room after breaking a pot of angry bees there with you.

As an emperor, I'm finding it hard keeping on top of everything. I'm also not the dynasty head which has crippled me a bit since I can't modify my dynasty boons nor can I use various decisions that require being the dynasty head.

Yeah the random health treatments can kill you.

Generally avoid the experimental stuff unless you have something terminal or want to bump your ruler off.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
That awkward moment in CK III where you are totally paying attention to a Crusade and once the intense battling is over, you realize your character had been courting his own mother...

It has gotten bad in our multiplayer campaign. We can't have any marital alliances for a generation or two, just too much, uh... keeping the bloodlines pure.

The good news is I married my sister off to the Populist Uprising in Burgundy and they won. I now have a queen of Burgundy and once the King dies, the Kingdom itself. At least for my household.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I had crazy times last night. My newly ascended emperor was murdered at the age of 34 right after starting a war for Mercia.

My heir (not my choice of heir, I hadn't even had time to get people on my side) took over but was already embroiled in various wars and all of my kings and dukes decided that they wanted less crown authority and started a war against me. I lost, but in that time, I executed all of the prisoners I captured, becoming a kinslayer since most were of my dynasty. I then reformed the religion, hit stress level three after going against my traits, and abdicated the throne. Now my eldest, and hopefully best, son has taken control of the empire.

fba827

Adventurer
So I came back to this game after several weeks ( I got it when it came out but was I just wasn’t able to do what the tutorial was telling me - ie it told me to select something and no matter how much I clicked nothing actually happened. Plus just lots of information when I tried without tutorial).

anyway I figured out what I was doing wrong on the clicking ( I was clicking on portrait, not name, as I thought the entire line entry was one item to select).

im still trying to figure out doing wars. But aside from that as long as I keep diplomacy and schemes to minimize wars against me, I’ve beenmanaging. Even got one of my guys to be given title of king and created his own off shot religion at some point. But once I made my own religion that’s when I had more wars declared on me than I could Diplomatically get myself out of. ;).
Was fun.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I think there are still a lot of things that I'm not 100% sure about. I think it took me a while to figure out that the best way to fight for the land you want is to make a claim to it, also you're lucky, the fabricate claims option can get a whole duchy instead of just a county.

I've also found that not spending all of your gold on upgrades is a good way to go so that you can hire mercenaries. Last night I lost the kingdom of ireland, regained it, died, and had my 2 year old son as ruler. Then I had to fend off pretenders to the throne as well as neighbouring rulers that outclassed me in number or troops completely but since I had several hundred gold I was able to hire a couple of mercenary bands to supplement my forces. Finally stabilised it after 3 (incredibly short) generations.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Also, Christian rulers really don't like it when you adopt a form of Christianity different from theirs. They really don't like it when you form your own offshoot that makes it matriarchal instead of patriarchal.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I was so close to forming the empire of Britannia, I went on a massive campaign as Alba conquering the British Isles, I knew I wouldn't have the required resources to form it before I died but figured my son would be able to do when he took over. I died and as it turns out, because he was the son of the King of England he was an Anglo-Saxon instead of Gaelic, a requirement to form Britannia. The most annoying part was that I educated him and could have changed his culture to Gaelic but I didn't even think of it, just clicked on through :(

Hoping that I can adopt Gaelic culture and form Britannia before everything falls to pieces, otherwise, I'll be starting over... again.

Remove ads