Votes: 18 27.7%

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • 10+

Votes: 1 1.5%

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
I hate them, but appreciate they are a necessary evil, I will own one until it barely functions then reluctantly buy the model I believe offers the best value. I'm currently on my third phone which is coming up to 3 years old

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I got the first smartphone for business reasons. Hated it, largely because my fingers tend not to work well with touch screens. Don’t know why, but I sometimes couldn’t answer my phone because of it.

Do I recall correctly that you play guitar? The calluses can sometimes be a problem for touchscreens.

briggart

Adventurer
I bought my 1st, and currently only, smartphone 4 years ago, making it my 4th or 5th overall cellphone since 2001. I'm sitting in front of my laptop pretty much all day, so I don't usually feel the need for it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Do I recall correctly that you play guitar? The calluses can sometimes be a problem for touchscreens.
Yes, I do.

I hadn’t considered that as a possibility. I just lumped it together with other semi-mysterious hand-related issues I have, like the shallowness and fineness of my fingerprint ridges making it difficult for me to be properly fingerprinted. Or my unusually dry palms.

With my own money? Two ... my current iPhone SE and prior to that an iPhone 4. And unlikely to upgrade unless Apple comes back with a small form factor phone, as the current offerings are much too large. Some days I miss my old flip phone.

Work is a different story ... many generations of BlackBerry and then 3 or 4 generations of iPhone. I don't get a choice in that; they just decide to give me new ones.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases