• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom class time acrobat. Prince of Persia / assassins creed concept

TBRMInsanity

First Post
Break the Assassin's abilities in Assassin's Creed down to it's core components.
  • Eagle Vision
  • Leap of Faith
  • Assassin specific equipment (AC1 Hidden Blade, AC2 Hidden Blades, Hidden Pistol, Bombs (Smoke, distraction, damage), Parachute, AC3 Rope Knife)
  • Ability to use any weapon
  • Air assassinations
  • "Urban" stealth (ie blend into crowds)
I would see if other classes (like the Assassin prestige class) has similar abilities as above, and use it to make your prestige class.
Finally you need to determine how someone becomes an Assassin (I would use AC2 and its sequels as a guideline). Most Assassins were warriors, or thieves before becoming Assassins so I would keep that in mind when setting your prerequisites.

Cheers

Gfreak2x9

Explorer
Break the Assassin's abilities in Assassin's Creed down to it's core components.
  • Eagle Vision
  • Leap of Faith
  • Assassin specific equipment (AC1 Hidden Blade, AC2 Hidden Blades, Hidden Pistol, Bombs (Smoke, distraction, damage), Parachute, AC3 Rope Knife)
  • Ability to use any weapon
  • Air assassinations
  • "Urban" stealth (ie blend into crowds)

I second this! Although I would throw in something about being able to gain a bonus to knowledge local checks. This would represent the brotherhood's inside knowledge in a given area. Add a bit of RP and say the PC must meet in private with another Assassin in order to gain the bonus to knowledge local! I also think Perception, Stealth, Slight of Hand,Knowledge Local, Knowledge Engineering, Knowledge History, Knowledge Nobility, Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Disguise, and Sense Motive should all be class skills! I think they should only be proficient with Light and Medium armor given the fact that one is not preforming acrobatic feats in a set of full plate! They should also be proficient with all weapon types. I also realize that they must have a weakness in order to be balanced so I say the class should have low skill ranks per level similar to a wizard. This will represent that one doesn't simply gain the knowledge by having the class, you must have a sharp and cunning mind to be an assassin. I think that they should have to take levels is rouge, and fighter in order to become an Assassin. Be careful with the name. Assassin is already a prestige class in PF, make sure your players don't confuse your custom class and the one that already exists! These are all just my ideas and views on the topic. I am in no way trying to be opinionated or rude! I am just saying what I, myself would do in my game! I hope this helps and congratz on the AWESOME idea to make this a prestige class! I might have to steal this idea :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads