Cyberpunk Red & Stargate Both Delayed

The pandemic has already delayed WotC's Mythic Odysseys of Theros for D&D, and closed several conventions for the year. Now two more game companies have announced that their big releases will be delayed.

The pandemic has already delayed WotC's Mythic Odysseys of Theros for D&D, and closed several conventions for the year. Now two more game companies have announced that their big releases will be delayed.

R. Talsorian Games' Cyberpunk Red was slated for a June release, and has been pushed back to the end of summer.

We’ll just come right out and say it. The TRPG industry got punched in the gut by the pandemic and there’s just no way we can release in June without compromising quality. We’re currently looking at summer’s end for a release but until the world calms down and things stop fluctuating, our crystal ball is full of fog.

cr_cover.jpg

Stargate, from Wyvern Gaming, was going to launch at Gen Con in August. The Kickstarter has been pushed to Winter 2020, with a release in 2021.

The main reason we decided to delay was that we felt that a lot of people are feeling a financial crunch at the moment and would only spending money on necessities for their families ... Also because we had planned to launch at Gen Con 2020, but believe it is likely to be canceled or at the very least greatly diminished in attendance. We felt it would be prudent to delay the physical launch.

sg_cover.jpg

Jacqual

Explorer
I preferred the system in CP2020 over the system in Shadowrun which always made feel like i was playing Cyber Yahtzee lol

PabloM

Adventurer
I haven't because I don't plan to play the game; only the fluff interested me. But I DM'ed CP2020 for 2-3 years ~25 years ago, it was great as a setting but flawed as a game system in my opinion.

what flaws do you find in the system? I'm in doubt abour buying it or not

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I've said it before, I'll say it again. There are so many other systems I would use for adapting Stargate to the tabletop before even considering 5e D&D.

No kidding. I see it as part of the 5e saturation problem that's been growing over the years. Stargate, Trudvang, there are at least 5 Greek themed 5e fantasy options, at least 4 Viking/Norse 5e fantasy options, this list can go on and on. It's reaching over saturation.

For Stargate, I'd use the Gumshoe system.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I've said it before, I'll say it again. There are so many other systems I would use for adapting Stargate to the tabletop before even considering 5e D&D.

And yet it being 5e is literally the only prayer I have of getting a game together with one of my groups. Which is itself way more important than system.

stadi

Explorer
Too many useless skills

I haven't check this one out yet, but I generally like if there are a lot of skills. I dislike 5E because the lack of skills. I like CoC because of the skills (now there you could argue that they are too much, but I'm never sure. Most of the time I think that Savage Worlds has not enough skills.

So how does CP compare to these? In what way are they useless?

Remove ads

Remove ads