(Cydra) Hatching Chaos

Drakknyte32

First Post
Jeremy lets out a sigh

"I go through all the trouble of saving your temple from a pack of bleakists and this is the thanks I get? Yes this is a holy symbol of Dextor and I'm not an evil spirit. I'm just a poor little ghost who's trying to avenge his family cruelly slain by evil raiders. But everywhere I go people just run away screaming or try to drive me away. Why can't people look past appearances and see me for the poor lost child I really am."

A tear runs down Jeremies cheek after his impassioned speech but he shakes it away and returns to his previous good nature.

"Did you say this is the temple of elemental good? So I've finally arrived. Could you tell me where the high priest Lester is?"

The Eye Turns Red!

Orbius' hostility is shattered by Jeremy's words and by the fact that his Detect Evil registers nothing evil in regards to the phantom in front of him. He regards the strange creature in front of him, blushes, and finds himself at a near loss for words.

"Did you say that you saved our temple from Bleakists? Sweet Dexter! I should have known that some Evil force would eventually threaten us here. I ask your forgiveness, kind spirit, and yes, you are in the right place. This is indeed the Temple of Elemental Good and we thank you for defending us. As a reward, I will show you to Super Potentate Lester and allow you to introduce yourself. But first, let's visit the Air Temple."

Orbius quickly visits the Temple of Good Air and dispatches several alcolytes and warriors into the mountains to keep watch for more servants of Evil. He introduces Jeremy to several others, trying to make this spirit feel welcome, and gives strict orders that he is not to be feared or attacked. He asks Jeremy to follow him and the two fly towards the column of orange smoke in the distance.

Lester, thinks the Eye, wait for me. I return to you soon with an unusual friend.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Big Yin is somewhat surprised to be so enthusiastically hugged by the L, but he's a manly man and hugs back with almost bone crushing force.

"Ah, mon, an' I loves ya too! C'mere!" Big Yin ruffles the L's hair affectionately with one hand, still with the other wrapped around his waist.

"Noo then, whut's all thissa weirdy smoke comin' oota here? Hullo? Anyone in thur? We come in peace!"

An' if yer not a friend, ye'll be leaving in pieces, so yer will...

JDragon

Explorer
Hearing voices, Giovanni turns toward the cave entrance and calls out.

"GOOD DAY! Have you come to watch the hatching too? Come on in before you miss the show."

Giovanni then turns back to watch the show.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Jeremy follows Orbius to the air temple. He points out the location of the bleakists he killed and where he put their equipment to one of the warriors heading into the mountains, then he follows Orbius up to the mountain where the orange smoke is coming from.

"What is that orange smoke anyway? It's making a mess of all the ethereal currents in this area."

Our adventurers begin to gather . . .

Lester passes thru the earth and stone and finds himself in the egg chamber with Giovanni. Again, he inhales deeply and swoons for a brief second. Fortunately, he has superior fortitude and manages to keep his balance. His eyes move from the large, cracking egg to Giovanni's holy symbol.

"Greetings, soon-to-be-friend, I am the Angel of Adventure, but you can call me Lester. I see you are busy watching this strange egg, so I don't mean to pester. . . However, I see you worship fair Correla, so perhaps you've met my friend Sunsi? He's her protector, and of a very different ethics than both her or me. But let's talk about all that later, I beg. Big Yin, sit down with us and let's watch the hatching of this egg!"

Meanwhile, Orbius casts a series of divinations to determine the nature of the smoke in front of them. He gets mostly nothing, until his Detect Chaos valence is triggered when they reach the mouth of the cave.

"Jeremy, I believe Lester is in that cave," says Orbius "We can enter together, if you like, or wait for him to come out. I won't decide for you, though you should know that I detect a strong, unknown source of Chaos within. Say, is that phatom steed and rider approaching us?"

the Jester

Legend
Within the cave, the smell of the orange smoke intensifies, becoming almost intoxicating in its sweetness. Lester, Big Yin and Giovanni can’t help but watch as a long reddish crack starts to form lengthwise on the surface of the egg. A strange sound starts- a weird mix of croaking and a high whistling sound. Something the color of molasses starts to leak from the crack.

Outside the cave, at the entrance, Orbius and Jeremy can plainly see the approaching Derrick and Keyth, who can see them as well. In addition, two more figures come into view- Delga and Kaerick, clambering up the path that leads up the mountain. An odd bit of timing, but as there are no coincidences, it must be synchronicity. All arrive quickly at the entrance (unless they choose to hang back).

A sudden burst of thick orange vapor emits from the gash in the side of the mountain, and this one pops wetly.

*OOC- What divinations does Orbius cast at the entrance?*

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Big Yin backs off a bit.

"Ah noo yer a big adventurerin' type, Lester, but ah'm noo quite so travelled. Mebbe I'll just stand offa here fer a bit..."

That smoke smells guid, tho...he thinks to himself.

JDragon

Explorer
"Nice to meet you Lester, I Giovanni De'Harn. A follower Carella as you guessed. Sunsi? No that doesn't sound familiar. Here take a seat the shows just starting to get good I belive." Giovanni motions to an open rock hear him.

Then looking up, it sounds like some others may have found their way here as well.

Remove ads