(Cydra) Hatching Chaos

Lester gets wacky, the Eye waits and watches

Inside, Lester sits for a moment but can't seem to keep still. He gets up, smears some of the brownish egg goo over his whitish skin and into his fro, and starts to dance a little jig. He seems exhuberant, possessed by a force that calls out to his very nature.

"N'Rat, N'Rat! Come out of that egg cause its time you hatched! Come on out, its time to play. Time to meet your finest Warrior of Chaos on this very day!" (All of this is subject to his Foresight not going off, of course. ;) )

Meanwhile, Oribus hangs back and sends his Mobile Scry into the cave. He then casts Project Scry and a picture of whats going on in the cave appears before all that are outside. He then casts a Marius' Moment (Knowledge - Religion, Total score - 50) and his jaw drops.

"Sweet Dexter's Nadlies! An Egg of N'Rat in our own backyard. Be careful in there, Lester. The Chaos Lord is never predictable!"
OOC, Orbius' Divinations include: Detect Evil, Detect Law, Detect Chaos, Detect Scry (Always active), Mobile Scry, Enhance Scry (allows divinations to be cast thru a scry sensor), Project Scry, and Foresight. Oh, and his permanent Arcane Sight.

Ferrix

Explorer
Kaerick's hairs bristle as the pop of the next blast of orange gas sets him on edge for an instant, his clawed hands dropping reflexively to be ready to strike. At the sight of the other four he weighs again the possibility of an ambush, only four this time, he thinks, last time it _was_ eight. The bounty hunters must be getting overconfident for this time of season.

Seeing the image of what is going on inside of the cave spring onto the wall, Kaerick sniffs the air and knows that whatever will come out of that egg will surely be far from ordinary.

Drakknyte32

First Post
"A strong source of chaos eh? Well let's go in then. Dexter knows my life is chaotic enough, a little more won't hurt."

I hope.

Jeremy moves into the cave to watch the proceedings. He stays near the wall and stays ready to demanifest or move into the wall if things get dangerous.

As he watches Lester put the goo in his hair and dance around he thinks to himself. That's the famous Lester that defeated the temple of elemental evil? He matches the description but I expected him to be a bit more... dignified. I guess those adventurers weren't kidding when they said he was eccentric.

Helping out the egg . . .

Lester sees a ghostly visage float into the cave and he pays it little mind at first glance. But, was that a holy symbol of Dexter on that apparition?

Lester thinks back to the times that Dexter helped him, if for no other reason than the fact that he needed helping.

Maybe the egg needs my help, too! Let's help it out some . . .

He grabs a piece of the shell, with his feet still dancing, and begins to pull it apart with all his might. . . (**Str. Check = 15**)

Keyth finishes crossing the distance separating himself and the growing number of people. His curiosity is peaked at the sight before him, but he manages to retain his cool as he approaches, "I have been searching for you, Orbius Visionary...although it seems you are a bit preoccupied. My name is Keyth, and I'm a transmuter of some power, how can I be of assistance?"

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc: Ouch- didn;t see the IC thread, sorry for only finding it now!

Delga tries to pear into the cave

What kind of egg is that?

He walks in, followed by Great jaw, expecting the sight ot the dinosaur to give pause to those gathered there, and him to try and evaluate the situation

What is going on in here, a druid of this forest, and one sworn to protect it from desecration!

the Jester

Legend
As Lester's arms strain to pry the egg open the smoke intensifies. Delga and Great Jaw pad into the cave, but the air is now thick with the scented orange smoke. Strange hissing sounds, almost like whispered words, seem to emerge. Giovanni can't help but notice that the swirling fog seems to make fleeting patterns and images that last mere split seconds before poofing into oblivion. Jeremy's senses- which sometimes seem to extend slightly into the ether even when he's manifested- can detect eddies in the ethereal medium as well. And all the eddies are defintely intensifying in strength.

Lester's thews bunch as he tries to pry open the egg, but it seems to resist. Still, he can feel something moving within it, and the leaking fluid smears all over his arms, leaving him sticky.

*OOC- Lester, make a Will save.*

Outside, Orbius nervously watches through his scrying sensor as the others watch via his projection of the images the sensor can see. He, Keyth, Big Yin, Kaerick and Derrick are all staring intently at the cave interior from their vantage outside.

*OOC- All you outside types, make Spot checks.*

Drakknyte32

First Post
The increasing ethereal currents were starting to make Jeremy's robes whip around like he was standing in the middle of a windstorm, but he pays them no mind. His attention is fixed firmly on the egg in front of him. He wasn't sure exactly what it was but the impossibly large amounts of smoke coming from it and the way the famous Lester was acting towards it made him think it was something important.

Remove ads