(Cydra) Hatching Chaos

Drakknyte32

First Post
OOC: Spot roll 7+13=20

Jeremy continues to watch from the sidelines as even more people show up.

It's getting to be a regular party in here. I wonder precisely what an egg of N'rat is anyways? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Just what is an Egg of N'Rat?

(OoC - Lester's Spot = 19 + 7 = 26. Orbius' Spot = 2 + 7 + 19 = 28)

Orbius and company continue to watch the events unfold on the Projected-Mobile Scry. It is an impressive spell that creates a visual representation of all that the scry sensor views, along with sound comparible to a Clairaudience spell, and the smell component is available since they are so close to the cave.

As if he could read their minds, Orbius offers up a quick commentary on the Egg. He states the following loud enough to be heard inside the cave:

"The Eggs of N'Rat are but rumor and legend, until now. Some say that they are the reproductive function of N'Rat himself, creating chaos creatures of unknown power when hatched. Those who come in contact with an Egg note that magic doesn't seem to work correctly in its presence. Those who have seen one hatch have never reported back . . . "

With that said, Orbius invokes a magic circle against Chaos, 10 ft' in radius.

Inside, Lester is delighted to have some help with the egg. He cherishes this moment of pure chaotic creation and pulls away at the egg with his new companions.

This can only be a boon for the Temple of Elemental Good, he thinks.

A chat amongst spell slingers

As the events unfold, Orbius continues to concentrate on a wide variety of divinations and other valences. Yet, despite the situation and tasks at hand, his concentration never breaks. He turns one eye toward Keyth (the other is fixed on his Projected Scry) and observes this new mage that has been searching for him.

"Well, Keyth, since you say you've been looking for me, . . . might I ask why? Oh, who am I fooling? You don't have to be a powerful diviner, let alone a Divine Oracle, to know what you want. You seek magic and, yes, I do have some. Is there something in particular that you want? I possess a great many magicks and I might be willing to part with some in trade, or for a favor for the Temple of Elemental Good. What say you?"

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
"Never reported back, ye say?"

Big Yin pulls his Greataxe from his back and stands ready.

"So whut ye're saying is that yon beastie may be dangerous? Aye, good! I came here to fight, and it's fightin' ah'm guid at!"

"You are as keen in person as you are in the stories I have heard, Orbius Visionary. Although I am not sure this is the best of places to talk about such a matter, I am interested in learning a few dweomers for you-which I am willing to trade or offer my services for." Keyth replies.

The dimensionalist pauses a moment, his eyes watching the scene through Orbius' spell. "It really would be best if we discussed this later. I have no doubt in your ability to mantain ahold of the situation, but I am all too aware of my own limited capability to do so."

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
**OOC: Sorry for the delay, folks- I was swept away for a few days of birthday camping in the lava beds up north. Boy was that inspiring! Anyway, I'll either update the thread tonight or tomorrow morning... tired and need to clean up now.***

Watching the Egg . . .

As Great Jaws cracks away at the last pieces of egg shell, Lester seems exhuberant.

"N'Rat, N'Rat, its time to come out! Time to kick some lawful butts, now that's what I'm talkin' about!"

Meanwhile . . .

Orbius' eyes buldge as those outside see movement within the egg.

"Bocob's balls! I can't believe my scry! (Yes, I did say that and, no, he doesn't care if you refer to his testicles. He's Bocob the Uncaring. To acknowledge that I've slighted him would show some degree of care and that would shift his entire Godly Portfolio!)"

the Jester

Legend
Those of you who made your Spot checks can faintly see what look like fingertips pressing at the egg from within. Cracks start to form on the egg's exterior and more of the syrupy fluid spills from them. Great Jaw stops and shakes his head, rumbles, and starts licking the fluid up.

*Outside:*

The scudding clouds have covered the entire sky in only moments, and the land has grown dim. Strange flickering silver lights dance in the clouds, leaping from one to another. The temperature drops, quickly and severely, and suddenly it seems cold enough to snow. You can see your breath. Suddenly there's a muffled noise from the sky and a flash of pale red radiance.

Make Spot checks, DC 15.

*Inside the cave:*

The dinosaur seems to have lost interest in the egg as anything but a source of delicious candy-like syrup. He gurgles contentedly as Lester, too, finds himself enjoying a taste of delicious... something.

Suddenly a piece of the egg falls away as a gangly, slimy arm pushes through. It's hard to make out much of its appearance, since it's covered in goop; but it has long fingers and seems to be colored a weird purple.

Lester Lends a Helping Hand

Inside the cave . . .

Lester flaps his rainbow-feathered wings with instinctive joy as he see the purple fingers reach out of the egg. The goo he has smeared through his afro gives makes his head and hair look strangely like and exclamation point. He reaches forward and grabs the slimy hand. Smiling, he begins to lift whatever the hand belongs to out of the yummy goo.

Outside the cave . . .

(***OoC: Orbius Spot = 17 + 19 = 36***)

Orbius moves one eye away from the Projected Scry and looks above to the cloudy sky. Shivering, his vast intellect struggles to understand the meaning of what is transpiring around them. What could this sudden change in the weather mean???, he thinks.

(***OoC: Knowledge Religion Check = 14 + 30 = 44, or Knowledge Arcana = 5 + 30 = 35***)

Last edited:

Remove ads