• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5] Monkey's Mad Monster Mix-up! (OOC)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Let's take a look at these characters, shall we? :D

Arkhandus, going to assume that you did not change your mind about the dwarf. :D You appear to be short 2 skill points. Other than that, looks good.

Voadam, looks like you should have 9 silver pieces left over, but I don't see them on your sheet anywhere. Also, Rosemary can start the game with up to 6 tricks. You may want to consider having her learn the Attack trick a second time so that you can get her to attack unnatural critters, as well as tricks like Come and Stay to get her to go where you want.

renau1g, looks like you have one scroll too many, as you are over budget by 24 gp. Looks good other than that.

Myth and Legend, if you could spell out where you spent your skill points, that would be greatly appreciated. It looks like they went into Craft (Blacksmithing) if I'm not mistaken. You have 1 too many gold pieces left over.

All, other than the minor things I pointed out, it looks like we're ready to go. I'll set up the IC thread shortly. :D

renau1g

First Post
Let's take a look at these characters, shall we? :D

renau1g, looks like you have one scroll too many, as you are over budget by 24 gp. Looks good other than that.

Thanks for the catch crazy monkey, I am used to my houserule of 100gp each PC, I've corrected to be in line with the PHB and removed the scroll of Ray of Enfeeblement. I've thrown up my first post IC as well, but Jerak has no knowledge of Nature, good thing we have a druid :)

Voadam

Legend
Bats!

True story. I used to do demonstrations with bats for kids when I worked for the Audubon Society. My old house also used to have bats find a way in and nest in the attic. Four out of the five other members of my family living there then were phobic about bats so it was up to me and my father to clear them out. The first year we just killed them with tennis rackets when we found them sleeping during the day. The second year I figured out how to capture them during the day with a shoebox and then either toss them out into the woods for release or donate them to the Audubon society. I ended up doing demonstrations with the bats I had caught in my own house.

My brother is so phobic about bats he once lowered himself out a second story window then dropped to the ground because there was a bat between him and the doorway of the bedroom he was in.

Arkhandus

First Post
Thanks for pointing out the skill points. I added 2 more to Disable Device (so now it's at 3 ranks, for a +3 total modifier). Turns out that when I was fiddling with my skill point expenditures during chargen, after I miscalculated and removed two points from DD thinking I had spent too many, I had left the total of +3 unfixed. Also I had to fix the Hide total to +5, as I forgot to add the armor check penalty to that one.

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
In case you hadn't noticed, I'm going to try to make each battle locale exciting and interesting. :D If you feel in need of a map, let me know and I'll cook one up.

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, for one thing, Crazy Monkey just posted today that he's taking the rest of the week off. So Monday will likely be when this game and his others resume, from the DM's side of things.

Secondly, play-by-posts usually run with just a requirement of one post per day or every few days from each player. It's nice when we get it going more rapidly, but that's always temporary. Though some of us are unemployed right now, we're all either busy with school, work, or jobhunting at least some of the time. Some days will be fairly active, other days will see little or no activity in a play-by-post. Monkey generally has us post 1/day or more during combats in his games, but his little break this week will delay that.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Thanks Arkhandus, yes i noticed Monkey's post after i wrote this, and as i said i will be out of town from Friday until Tuesday so actually i am in no position to rush things :)

Remove ads