D&D 3.5: North by Northwest, or The Dead of Winter [Full]

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Lord_Raven88: I'm going to have to say no for the same reason I said no to Phyrrus' bearlord. The Complete books aren't in play.

Phyrrus: No harm in asking. I wouldn't worry too much about it now. If we get to that stage, I'll make sure that all the characters are appropriately equipped to deal with encounters in some way.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
Lord_Raven88: I'm going to have to say no for the same reason I said no to Phyrrus' bearlord. The Complete books aren't in play.

Phyrrus: No harm in asking. I wouldn't worry too much about it now. If we get to that stage, I'll make sure that all the characters are appropriately equipped to deal with encounters in some way.
Okay thats back to the drawing board for me, I'll have a think and get back to you.

Herev Matomb Fighter 1

Code:
Herev Matumb
Male Human Fighter 1
Representing Roy - Strahd

Abilities:
Strength 17 (+3) 
Dexterity 14 (+2) 
Constitution 15 (+2) 
Intelligence 13 (+1) 
Wisdom 10 (+0) 
Charisma 8 (-1) 

Size: Medium 
Height: 6' 7" 
Weight: 280 lb 
Skin: Dark Brown 
Eyes: Black 
Hair: Bold; Beardless 

Total Hit Points: 12
Speed: 20 feet

Armor Class: 18 = 10 +5 [Chain mail] +1 [buckler] +2 [dexterity] 

Touch AC: 12
Flat-footed: 16
Initiative modifier: +2 = +2 [dexterity]  
Fortitude save: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [constitution]  
Reflex save: +2 = 0 [base] +2 [dexterity]  
Will save: +0 = 0 [base]  
Attack (handheld): +4 = 1 [base] +3 [strength]  
Attack (unarmed): +4 = 1 [base] +3 [strength]  
Attack (missile): +3 = 1 [base] +2 [dexterity]  
Grapple check: +4 = 1 [base] +3 [strength]  

Light load: 86 lb. or less
Medium load: 87-173 lb.
Heavy load: 174-260 lb.
Lift over head: 260 lb.
Lift off ground: 520 lb.
Push or drag: 1300 lb.

Languages: Common Dwarven  

Feats:
Power Attack, Cleave, Weapon Focus (WarHammer)

Skills: 
Appraise Int 1 =  +1   
Balance Dex* 2 =  +2   
Bluff Cha -1 =  -1   
Climb Str* 6 =  +3 +3  
Concentration Con 2 =  +2   
Diplomacy Cha -1 =  -1   
Disguise Cha -1 =  -1   
Escape Artist Dex* 2 =  +2   
Forgery Int 1 =  +1   
Gather Information Cha -1 =  -1   
Handle Animal Cha 2 =  -1 +3  
Heal Wis 0 =  +0   
Hide Dex* 2 =  +2   
Intimidate Str 6 =  +3 +3  
Jump Str* 5 =  +3 +2  
Listen Wis 0 =  +0   
Move Silently Dex* 2 =  +2   
Profession (Fisherman) Wis 1 =  +0 +1  
Ride Dex 3 =  +2 +1  
Search Int 1 =  +1   
Sense Motive Wis 0 =  +0   
Spot Wis 0 =  +0   
Survival Wis 0 =  +0   
Swim Str** 3 =  +3   
Use Rope Dex 3 =  +2 +1  

* = check penalty for wearing armor

[sblock]
Human:
Extra feat at first level (already included)
Four extra skill points at first level (already included)
One extra skill point at each additional level (already included)
Fighter:
Bonus Feats (already included)
[/sblock]

Herev Matumb's Equipment:
Chain mail
Buckler
Warhammer (Attack 1d20+5 ; Dmg 1d8+3 X3)
Dagger (Attack 1d20+4 ; Dmg 1d4+3)
Fishing net and silver fish hook
More about Herev Matumb: Herev Matumb born in a small fishermen village, his parents died in an orcish raid and their home burned down, most of the village people killed, but his grandmother survived, he took her and his father's fishing net and silver fish hook (Signature Item, and the only thing to survive the fire) and left the village to the big city.
He began to practice as a fighter for his ultimate goal to avenge and kill as many orcs as he can, he seeks fortune and wealth so he can build his own fort and muster an army to bring ultimate destruction to the orcish tribes. [these are his 3 goals]
As for people he knows - Torim, a local warrior and a friend that helped Herev to become a fighter ; Gornisht zaken, 63 yo' fisherman that Herev now calls him "family" and help him with fishing business ; Clara Matumb, his 87 yo' Grandmother, the only real relative that survive the raid, she is mad and handicapped, Herev bring her food and take care of her, Gornisht helps him when he is away

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Lord_Raven88: No worries. You've got time.

Strahd: I'll check it over in more depth later today or tonight after work, but it looks good to me so far.

Fenris

Adventurer
KL:
OK Here's my char. How much Background would you like?

[sblock]
Ghur Zukul

Male Swamp Dwarf
Wilderness Rogue 1 (UA) (With Feat Variant)
XP: 0
Neutral Good

Str 15 (+2)
Dex 17 (+3)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 14 (+2)
Wis 13 (+1)
Cha 6 (-2)

Size: Medium (4'6", 135 lbs)
HP: 7
BAB: +0
Init: +3
Move: 20'

AC: 15 (10 +2 armor + 3 dex )
Saves:
Fortitude: +1
Reflex: +5
Will: +1

Attacks:
Composite Shortbow +3 1d6/x3
Short Sword +2 1d6+2/19-20 x2

Feats:
Tracking (1st level)
Point Blank Shot (Class Bonus)

Skills (bonus/ranks):

Craft (Trapmaking) (+4/2)
Disable Device (+6/4)
Hide (+7/4)
Knowledge (Geography) (+3/1)
Knowledge (Nature) (+6/4)
Listen (+5/4)
Move Silently (+7/4)
Open Locks (+7/4)
Search (+6/4)
Spot (+5/4)
Survival (+6/4)
Swim (+5/1 + Racial Bonus)

Languages Known:
Common
Dwarven

Class Features:
Trapfinding
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Rogue Weapon Proficiency
Light Armor Proficiency

Racial Features:
· +2 Con, -2 Cha. Living in the swamps has maintained the famous hardiness of the old hill dwarf clans but has done little to improve their surly demeanor.
· Medium-size, 20 ft. base speed.
· Darkvision 60 ft.
· Swampcunning: +2 racial bonus to any checks to notice quicksand, bogsinks, sudden changes in depth of water, and other environmental hazards in swamps and marshes. Coming within 10 ft. of anything unusual within this environment is enough to grant the dwarf a Search check. He may also use the Search skill to find traps, natural hazards or man-made snares, as a rogue.
· +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poisons and diseases. Living in the swamp for so long has inured the dwarf to many of the contagions carried by the various types of vermin that call the terrain home. Also, their ancestral resistance to poison has remained intact.
· +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against lizardfolk and gnolls. With the move out of the north, it became necessary for the swamp dwarves to readapt their training to new foes.
· +2 racial bonus to Craft checks related to building boats and rafts for use in the swamp. This bonus also applies to any Profession (Sailor) checks the dwarf may need to make. Swamp dwarves are intimately familiar with operating small crafts to navigate some of the less hospitable areas of the Great Western Swamp.
· +2 racial bonus to Swim checks. Years of life in a swamp have tended to nullify the ancient dwarven apprehensions about water and swimming.
· Automatic Languages: Dwarven, Common. Bonus languages: Gnoll, Goblin, Terran, Elf, Draconic (Lizardfolk dialects specifically).

Equipment:
Leather Armor {10 gp}
Comp Shortbow {75 gp}
Quiver with 20 arrows {2 gp}
Short Sword {10 gp}
Thieves Tools {30 gp}
Explorer's outfit {10gp}
Woolen cloak {1gp}
Backpack {2gp}

[/sblock]

Old Fezziwig

Fenris: Looks good. As for background, as much or as little as you want is fine. What I do need are the things listed in the 3x2, Signature Item section of the first post.

Eluvan

First Post
Alright, I'm working on my character now. Haven't got to the background yet though, and before I do I'm wondering if by any chance you've got a little more information on the High Elves in your world? Their culture, temperament, lifestyle etc.

Old Fezziwig

Fenris: Sounds good.

Eluvan: Aside from holding most of the political power in the world (they, not humans, are the dominant race), you can run with the assumptions in the PHB as far as temperment and lifestyle, at least in a broad sense. Aside from that, their empire is fairly young (last 300 years or so) and pretty expansionist. They're out to colonize, and they're happy to bring the other races along for the ride. As long as those races are appropriately grateful. Think of your standard, PHB elf with a touch of the sensibilities of the 19th century British nobility, and you're on the money. Reclaiming their homeland is the Next Big Thing (tm) for them, and helping the dwarves along in reclaiming theirs, which they couldn't, of course, do without the help of the high elves, would be a fine feather in their cap.

Remove ads