D&D 3.5 OOC, Rite of passage (Goblin style) (still open for new PC's)

Sunking

First Post
A lighthearted game about being on the other side of the heroes swords.

Just west of Halruaa lies the mountain chain known to humans as the west wall, on the far side of these mountains near the Mhair Jungles lies a area were human never have set foot so it have no human name but to the little gobblin tribe who have been living here for as long as they remember, it is called Muhagir and the tribe calls itself the wraith of Muhagir, why? Well they don’t remember.

Every spring the tribe calls all the young goblins who are nearing adulthood for the Rite of Passage were they must travel over the mountains into the big ones land and bring back loot, not all the young ones return but those that do are now counted as adult warriors.

You have been called this year.

Things to know about the Wraith of Muhagir the are goblins in all the traditional stealing, stabbing and worshiping evil powers, the biggest differs from other goblin tribes are their spiritual leaders.
A few generations back the tribe was attacked by a raid of lizardmenn who killed most of the clergy, a few other goblins with magic power used this opportunity to siege the respected position of spiritual leadership by claiming it was the gods punishment because the clergy had become fat and selfish, goblins always need to blame someone for bad things, so the tribe killed the rest of the clergy and since then it have been a council of Shamans (Read druids, sorcerers and other casters who are non-clerics)

[sblock=Character creation]
All play goblins
[sblock=Goblin Stats]
Goblin characters possess the following racial traits.
–2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, –2 Charisma.
Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
A goblin’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision out to 60 feet.
+4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Ride checks.
Automatic Languages: Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnome, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
Favored Class: Rogue. [/sblock]
1st lvl
20 point buy (you are the best of the best (of goblins off course))
you can buy stats below 8 at
5 being –3 points
6 being –2 points
7 being –1 points

Forbident classes:
Classes that requires long study time like
Wizard, Cleric, Psion, Monk, Paladin and other learned classes.

Starting money are a little special:
1) Total skill modifier in sleight of hand X2 GP (only small items that are easily hidden.)
2a) Strength X4 GP (you keep what you can hold unto)
2b) Casters instead of strength uses prime caster stat X6 (only shamans dares to take from other shamans)

Materiel that’s allowed to use
Core
XPH
All complete
All forgotten 3.5
Book of Vile Darkness

Sources other than the these and homebrew can alwayes be brought my attention and ill look at it and say yes or no, in case to case basis

Although I always keep my DM privileged to say no to cheese.

For easiness please state from which source you have taken your feat (and other non PHB things) from
[/sblock]

Interesting and fun characters will take precedence to maximized and power characters.

What I would recommend
One strong (war leader type)
One sneaky (Ranger, rogue or scout type)
One Shaman (read caster type)
1-3 more of any mix from above.

We are going to use http://invisiblecastle.com/ for the dice rolling put RoP GS in the campaign box.

Group- http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/272887-wraith-muhagir.html#post5108119
Lut - duel shield wielding fighter - played by Pathologik
Yog - Hunter - played by Strahd von Zarovich
Gragk - A womiting Warlock - played by Voda Vosa
Azreh - a musroom alkymist - played by Holy man

The adventure begins -

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmmm.. If I find time from my busy schedule DMing young godlings I think a little trip to the other end of the spectrum would be fun.

Questions:
-We are starting lvl 1 I persume, but how far do you think to take are little gobbos?
-no clerics or learned classes (like bard) but what of adepts and other NPC classes?
-Could I interest you in a houserule of mine to help make us "...the best of the best of the best Sir!" - quote Men in Black I give all lvl 1 PC's a bonus +2/+2 Feat of their choices as kind of a way to describe their character and they won't get used otherwise
-Would a Worg be allowed as a druid companion or could I play a Worg and be someones mean and nasty mount.
-That's enough for now :lol:

Laters,

HM

Pathologik

First Post
Finally, I have the free time to pick up a game, and the first one I see is an all-Goblin game - perfect!

I love games like this - already got my character halfway down, and the concept fully fleshed out. Goblin Fighter, focusing on armor and shields. Namely, wearing them and hitting things with them. He's good at that, and he's getting better at figuring which shiny things are the best.

"Well, way I sees it, the more metal 'n junk 'tween me 'n the bloke bein' all a-gress-y t'me, the better. 'Cuz 'e can't 'it me if they's metal 'n junk 'tween us, an' I already gots metal 'n junk in me 'ands, so I can 'it 'im back roight proper, see? I got that'un figgered out all by meself, innit a beauty?"

His attitude towards life in general is pretty much summed up with that.

Now, quick question - would a feat or two from the Player's Handbook II be alright? This is a pretty gimmicky and fun character, and they have a few shield bash feats that make it a bit more gimmicky and fun! I pretty much just want Agile Shield Fighter, makes using two shields less of a flavor choice and more of a valid combat option.

Sunking

First Post
Hmmm.. If I find time from my busy schedule DMing young godlings I think a little trip to the other end of the spectrum would be fun.

Questions:
-We are starting lvl 1 I persume, but how far do you think to take are little gobbos?
-no clerics or learned classes (like bard) but what of adepts and other NPC classes?
-Could I interest you in a houserule of mine to help make us "...the best of the best of the best Sir!" - quote Men in Black I give all lvl 1 PC's a bonus +2/+2 Feat of their choices as kind of a way to describe their character and they won't get used otherwise
-Would a Worg be allowed as a druid companion or could I play a Worg and be someones mean and nasty mount.
-That's enough for now :lol:

Laters,

HM

-lvl 1 tjek, how far well if it works good and all you players are game we are gonna follow these little critters as long as we find it fun (Read: Im fresh for going as long as you are)
-all npc classes are go but remember they are npc classes for a reason, sorcerer, druid, wilder, shaman and a lot of other are also open as caster so you don't have to go adept, unless you want.
- just show me a link I would love to look at your house rules but I also think that we are sticking to the basis for this one.
- A worg could be a druid companion but not at lvl 1 and starting group must all be young goblins so no worg player for now.

Finally, I have the free time to pick up a game, and the first one I see is an all-Goblin game - perfect!

I love games like this - already got my character halfway down, and the concept fully fleshed out. Goblin Fighter, focusing on armor and shields. Namely, wearing them and hitting things with them. He's good at that, and he's getting better at figuring which shiny things are the best.

"Well, way I sees it, the more metal 'n junk 'tween me 'n the bloke bein' all a-gress-y t'me, the better. 'Cuz 'e can't 'it me if they's metal 'n junk 'tween us, an' I already gots metal 'n junk in me 'ands, so I can 'it 'im back roight proper, see? I got that'un figgered out all by meself, innit a beauty?"

His attitude towards life in general is pretty much summed up with that.

Now, quick question - would a feat or two from the Player's Handbook II be alright? This is a pretty gimmicky and fun character, and they have a few shield bash feats that make it a bit more gimmicky and fun! I pretty much just want Agile Shield Fighter, makes using two shields less of a flavor choice and more of a valid combat option.

Looking forward to seeing you little critter.

Feat acceptet and I forgot to write than sources other than the ones I wrote as "Materiel that’s allowed to use" and homebrew can alwayes be brought my attention and ill look at it and say yes or no, in case to case basis (Editing carekter creation to put this in)'

Pathologik

First Post
Alright, here's Lug's stats, I'll have a quick backstory and description up very soon! Hope you don't mind that I went 1 SP over limit, I can never bring myself to loot without a sack handy. :p

Code:
Name: Lug
Player: Pathologik

Race: Goblin
Class: Fighter 1
Level: 1
XPs: 0 / 1,000

Patron God: Flughen, God of Blunt Force Impact
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
=================================== 
Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 5 (-3)
Wis: 6 (-2)
Cha: 5 (-3)
HP: 13 (1d10 + 3)
AC: 17 (+3 scale mail, +3 shield, +1 size)
Init: +0
Speed: 20 feet
BAB: +1
Mel: +5
Rng: +2
Fort: +5 (+2 class, +2 ability)
Refl: +0
Will: -2 (-2 ability) 
 Attacks
 Heavy Spiked Steel Shield (+5, 1d4+3)
 Heavy Wooden Shield (+5, 1d3+3)
Special Abilities 

Race: Goblin
 - +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength, -2 Charisma
 - Small - +1 bonus to armor class, +1 bonus to attack rolls,
+4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting
and carrying limits 3/4 normal characters. 
 - Darkvision 60 ft.
 - +4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Ride checks.
Feats: 
1 Improved Shield Bash
 1 Shield Specialization
Languages: 
Common
 Goblin
Skills 
Trained or Untrained: +X (Rank + Stat Mod + Other)
Appraise -1 (2 – 3)
Listen -2 (0 – 2)
 Move Silently -1 (0 + 0 + 4 racial – 5 armor)
 Ride +4 (0 + 0 + 4 racial)
 Sleight of Hand -5 (0 + 0 – 5 armor)
 Spot -2 (0 – 2)
Equipment
 Studded leather armor, heavy spiked steel shield, heavy
wooden shield, crowbar, sack.
----------------------------------- 
Money 
GP: 0
SP: 0
CP: 0
----------------------------------- 
Load 
Light: 0-57 lbs.
Medium: 58-114 lbs.
Heavy: 115-172 lbs.
Current: 30.5 lbs.
Description: 

History:

Last edited:

Sunking

First Post
me like just one thing skill ranks why 2 how did you get to that, using the 2 versions of reading the rules I have seen players use
a) 2+int (x4 1lvl) to a minimun of 1 rank each lvl = 1 rank
b) 2+int to a minimun of 1 each lvl (x4 1lvl) = 4 rank
just out of curiosity how do you get 2

and to give even the most braindeath charekter just a little skill points ill go with b unless thats a problem :)

and the appraise should be -1 (2 -3) I would think

Pathologik

First Post
me like just one thing skill ranks why 2 how did you get to that, using the 2 versions of reading the rules I have seen players use
a) 2+int (x4 1lvl) to a minimun of 1 rank each lvl = 1 rank
b) 2+int to a minimun of 1 each lvl (x4 1lvl) = 4 rank
just out of curiosity how do you get 2

and to give even the most braindeath charekter just a little skill points ill go with b unless thats a problem :)

and the appraise should be -1 (2 -3) I would think
Oh, Appraise is cross-class, so I only get half ranks. I just dumped the four ranks I got at first level into it. You're right about the 2 -3 bit, though, I can't math so well late at night. XD

I'm good on skill points, there's pretty much no skill either his armor or his intellect wouldn't make near impossible to be any good at, so I figured he might as well be able to tell which shiny is best alright at some point in his career.

And yeah, he's pretty braindeath - originally, I had him with lower Charisma and a not-too-bad Wisdom score, until I realized that he had no common sense as I saw him, and despite having no social graces, he'd have to have a strange sort of charm with his simplicity. Still, braindead. :p

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey Sunking I want to let you know I'm still in and have been thinking the direction I want to go with my gobbo.

I want to take on the healer role, just don't know the best class to take with the following concept:

My guy is a "shroom head" a gobbo with dreadlocks and the big hat, walking around saying "mellow out, it's all good." So a dope head that uses his magic mushrooms to heal, make stronger, and all the other spell effects from the class. So he will harvest mushrooms of all sorts for all effects.

What do you think?

HM

Sunking

First Post
maybe chosen soul from com. div. were you very carefyll chose spells that fit the concept.

remember
Craft: alkymi
Proffesion: Herbalist

-looking forward to seeing the sponge head

Remove ads