• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

Scotley

Hero
Rogash shudders at the though of the moths, which very nearly brought an end to him. "I don't think the kiddies would have returned from an encounter such as we had."

Shayuri

First Post
"Of course not," Talashia rebuked. "But whatever is behind all this...these patterns may give us insights into how he, or she, works. Lets talk to them and see what happened...then hopefully we'll have enough to work out our next step."

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Bah!" Mr. Cole snorts. "Not hide nor hair... no sign of 'im at all." He finally looks up and pauses for a second as he gives you all a good once-over, his eyes lingering on the sorceress for an instant longer than his wife would approve. "Ain't from around here, are ye?"

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

"Why no, no we're not. We're from Dingle-Land across the sea and behind the mountains," says Uulark, not knowing how to describe where his band of hardy adventurers is from actually, and figuring that one foreign land is most likely very much like another to this rustic gentleman.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, druidic human ranger

Shai's brows furrow as Uulark speaks, and he's about to say something when Dyspeer conveniently nudges his head under Shai's hand. Suitably distracted, he forgets his question to scratch the wolf's head.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia lightly smacks the back of Uulark's head with her palm and steps forward. "Our friend has a questionable sense of humor," she apologizes. "But we have come quite a way to get here. This man is my brother, who I think is very likely to have decided to help this village with its problem of disappearing people. That, or he's disappeared as well."

"Either way, the best way to find him would be to retrace his steps."

She focuses on Mr Cole. "You haven't seen him. But can you tell us more about the disappearances? Where do people usually vanish from? And where did those children claim to see these strange moths?"

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

Uulark gives the man a sheepish grin, shrugs, and rubs the back of his head where he was smacked.

Scotley

Hero
Rogash awaits the man's answer while fidgeting a bit. The talk of the moths and strange disappearances has him on edge again. The relaxation he'd felt since leaving the sewers has faded, replaced by the tense feeling that he could be pitched into a life or death struggle at any moment.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"More butterflies than moths," he says. "At least that's what my boy told me. Just a bit to the north of here at the edge of the woods. Glowin' all sorts of colors like some kinda fey creature. Been a few children find themselves lost chasin' after 'em, but we've always found 'em pretty quick. Don't know if that's what's got Marshall Ternsval or not, but he's been gone a while now and I'm not thinkin' we're going to be getting him back. At least not in one piece."

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark's Simental Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

"Just where was Marshal Ternsval last seen? That location and the marshal's home would seem to be reasonable places to look for clues to this mystery."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads