• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Pirates of the Spheres: Captain's Privilege (Recruiting)

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks. BTW, did I forget to mention that I only like Gnomes when it's ME playing them? :p

I'm all but certain that my Druid is an Elf. What are Elf/Drow relations like in the Outer Spheres, Great Beyond, or whatever we're calling it?

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
Haha this is why I'm going with the gnome, most likely. I wanna fit decently well with the group, and being hated by almost everyone tends to make that difficult.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Humanoid race relations in the Empire are highly variable, depending on which dragon clan they are associated with. Elves, gnomes, and dwarves (and their various subraces) are the preferred vassals of most of the clans, but the roles they serve in each clan vary considerably. Silver dragons, for example, hold elves in high esteem and often keep them as friends, confidantes, and lovers. Elves living under red dragon clans, on the other hand, are slaves and often mistreated or eaten.

Thus, how the races view each other is colored by which clan they are associated with to a great extent. Silver clan elves tend to be viewed as kind but aloof, and often haughty, while red clan elves are either pitied or looked down on.

The "dark" races - drow, svirfneblin, and duergar, were corrupted by the mind flayers during the ancient war between the dragons and the aberrations. Many generations have passed since then, but most dragon clans still refuse to acknowledge their existence, making them persona non grata among most everyone. Some chromatic clans take advantage of this and utilize them in secret for illicit activities.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads