• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Pirates of the Spheres: Captain's Privilege (Recruiting)

Radaceus

Adventurer
Aight, reading through everything, I believe i Am correct in my conclusion that a diplomat/spy is still open for crew, not sure of my actual crew title- i guess it would be Information Officer. Also, my RL seven years at sea begs me to ask who will be the First Mate/Bosun? and I would say there is a need maybe for Logistics Officer?

Anyhow, I am putting together a Bard, Half-Elf, with Spy variant background.
decisions whether to splash some arcane with 1 level bard, and 2 levels wizard tho, or go for the Bard , College of Lore and then the 2 levels of wizard (reasons, Diviner or Enchanter). Or splash rogue for backstab and expertise. I'm dont do multi-classing very often because I play alot of 2E, I might just 'go full (re)bard'... he says in Downey Jr voice :)

[sblock="uncommon magic item choices"]
Deck of Illusions
*Eyes of Charming
Gloves of Thievery
Hat of Disguise
*Helm of Telepathy
Helm of Comprehend Languages
Mac-Fuirmidh Cittern (instrument of the bards)
*Necklace of Adaption

*leaning towards one of these choices
[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
Aight, reading through everything, I believe i Am correct in my conclusion that a diplomat/spy is still open for crew, not sure of my actual crew title- i guess it would be Information Officer. Also, my RL seven years at sea begs me to ask who will be the First Mate/Bosun? and I would say there is a need maybe for Logistics Officer?

Anyhow, I am putting together a Bard, Half-Elf, with Spy variant background.
decisions whether to splash some arcane with 1 level bard, and 2 levels wizard tho, or go for the Bard , College of Lore and then the 2 levels of wizard (reasons, Diviner or Enchanter). Or splash rogue for backstab and expertise. I'm dont do multi-classing very often because I play alot of 2E, I might just 'go full (re)bard'... he says in Downey Jr voice :)

[sblock="uncommon magic item choices"]
Deck of Illusions
*Eyes of Charming
Gloves of Thievery
Hat of Disguise
*Helm of Telepathy
Helm of Comprehend Languages
Mac-Fuirmidh Cittern (instrument of the bards)
*Necklace of Adaption

*leaning towards one of these choices
[/sblock]
I'd go eyes of charming, but that's just me. I picked gauntlets of Ogre strength for the boost to 19 STR

Radaceus

Adventurer
Jackson Caiseal, Half-Elf Bard

[sblock="Jack's Stat Block"]
Aliases: Ramblin' Jack, One-eyed Jack, One-Eye, Cash

lvl 3 XP: 900 Alignment: NG
[sblock="Appearance"]
[/sblock]
College of Lore
Languages: Common, Elvish

15 -9 pts 12 -4pts 13 -5pt 10-2pts 14 -7pts
Str 8 -1, Dex 16 +3, Con 12 +1, Int 14 +2, Wis 10 , Cha 16 +3

HP-21 AC:14(leather 11, Dex+3) Speed-30 Size-Medium

Saving Throws: Dexterity, Charisma
Proficiency Bonus= +2
Spellcasting: Spell Attack Modifier= +5 Spell Save DC= 13

[sblock="Skills"]
Proficiencies: Investigation, Acrobatics, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand (racial), Arcana(racial), Deception (BG), Stealth(BG)
--Tools: Piccolo, Dulcimer, Viol, Thieve's Tools (BG), Dragonchess(BG)
--Vehicles: Spelljammer vehicles (250gp training)
~BG = Background

Skill Check Modifiers:
-Proficient Proficency Bonus Stat Bonus Total Mod Passive Check
-Acrobatics(Dex)
Animal_Handling(Wis)
-Arcana(Int)
Athletics(Str)
-Deception(Cha)
+History(Int)
Insight(Wis)
Intimidation(Cha)
-Investigation(Int)
Medicine(Wis)
Nature(Int)
Perception(Wis)
+Performance(Cha)
--Persuasion(Cha)
+Religion(Int)
--Sleight-of-Hand(Dex)
-Stealth(Dex)
Survival(Wis)
-Thieves' Tools(dex)
+2
+1*
+2
+1*
+2
+2
+1*
+1*
+2
+1*
+1*
+1*
+2
+4
+2
+4
+2
+1*
+2
+3
+2
+3
+2
+3
+2
+2
+3
+3
+2
+3
+3
+3
+5
+1
+4
+5
+4
+1
+4
+4
+1
+3
+1
+5
+7
+4
+7
+5
+1
+5

--Expertise
+College of Lore
*Jack of all trades
[/sblock]

[sblock="Racial Traits"]
Racial ASI, +2 Cha, +1 to any other two ( Dex, Int)
Darkvision, 60'
Keen Senses, You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
Fey Ancestry, You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Skill Versatility, You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.(Perception, Arcana)
Languages, You can speak read and write, Common, Elvish, and one other- Draconic
[/sblock]

[sblock="Inventory"]
Equipment:
Leather Armor
Rapier(1d8 Piercing, finesse ), dagger (1d4 Piercing, finesse)
Piccolo
[sblock="Entertainer's Pack"] Includes a backpack, a bedroll, 2 costumes, 5 candles, 5 days o f rations, a waterskin, and a disguise kit[/sblock]
from background:
A crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch, leather eyepatch

Wealth: 750
[/sblock]
[sblock="Class Traits"]
Ritual Casting, You can cast any bard spell you know as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag.
[sblock="Bardic Inspiration"]You can inspire others through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.[/sblock]
Jack of all Trades, You can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.
Song of Rest, help allies during a short rest, each regaining an additional 1d6 HP
Expertise, Double the proficiency bonus of two chosen skills.
College of Lore:
Bonus Proficiencies: You gain proficiency with three skills of your choice (History, Performance, Religion)
[sblock="Cutting Words"] You learn how to use your wit to distract, confuse, and otherwise sap the confidence and competence o f others. When a creature that you can see within 60 feet o f you makes an attack roll, an ability check, or a damage roll, you can use your reaction to expend one o f your uses o f Bardic Inspiration, rolling a Bardic Inspiration die and subtracting the number rolled from the creature’s roll. You can choose to use this feature after the creature makes its roll, but before the DM determines whether the attack roll or ability[/sblock]

[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells"]
Cantrips (2 known) Bard Spells Known =6
Presdigitation
Vicious Mockery
1st level (4 known)
Cure Wounds
Disonant Whispers
Heroism
Sleep

2nd level(2 known)

[/sblock]

[sblock="Background"]
Spy​

(criminal variant)
Jackson comes from a remote outpost, an only child, he was raised by his single human mother before during the Human-Dragon wars. She was an ambassador for her colony, which is how and where she met his father, whom she never spoke to him of and never revealed a name. She taught him in the ways of subtlety and discretion in politics. A gifted musician, he leaned toward the musings of the musical colleges, and became a bard. But his hidden talent lay in his glibness, his instinct for coaxing information, and his ability to walk through a crowded room without being noticed, or to be the center of attention as case may be. For the time being, he was a bard for all intensive purposes. Upon turning of age, Jack was joined up with the locale militia, winding up in covert ups and eventual working as a double agent. He spent many years honing his skills at disguise, stealth, and subtle burglaries of information. One day his mother passed away from old age, taking the secret of his father with her, and Jackson left the colony in to find a better life.

He's learned to fit in, learned to be the guy that everybody turns to when they need a hand, the guy that they can confide in, the one they want to share their stories with, and he reciprocates by sharing embellished tales of his own.
He is known through out the quadrant by many names, mostly by his occupational moniker Ramblin' Jack, which he gigs under when portside. The spy network knows him as Cash, and he often wears an eye patch to disguise himself while on mission into enemy territory or behind frontlines and goes by the alias One-Eyed Jack, or One-Eye.

He doesn't wear the patch to be cool or intimidating, he does it to hide a scar under that eye, from an accident in which he fractured his cheekbone, which is a dead give away as to who he is; and to this day when he is pressed or nervous he has a noticeable tick

lately he has feel in with the <insert awesome crew name here> of the <insert even awesomner ship name> Shrike, and they are his only family or people who he cares about now that his mother has passed.

Specialty: Covert Ops
Feature: Covert Contact You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison in the spy network. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances (need DM edit)

Background Traits:
I am always calm not matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them. I will become the greatest thief that ever lived. I have a “tell” that reveals when I'm lying.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

oops goot fix a couple tables, sec...also havnt spent any gold except the 250 training, i chose Helm of Telepathy for my uncommon, still need to pick some spells

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
Jackson Caiseal, Half-Elf Bard

[sblock="Jack's Stat Block"]
Aliases: Ramblin' Jack, One-eyed Jack, One-Eye, Cash

lvl 3 XP: 900 Alignment: NG
[sblock="Appearance"]
[/sblock]
College of Lore
Languages: Common, Elvish

15 -9 pts 12 -4pts 13 -5pt 10-2pts 14 -7pts
Str 8 -1, Dex 16 +3, Con 12 +1, Int 14 +2, Wis 10 , Cha 16 +3

HP-21 AC:14(leather 11, Dex+3) Speed-30 Size-Medium

Saving Throws: Dexterity, Charisma
Proficiency Bonus= +2
Spellcasting: Spell Attack Modifier= +5 Spell Save DC= 13

[sblock="Skills"]
Proficiencies: Investigation, Acrobatics, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand (racial), Arcana(racial), Deception (BG), Stealth(BG)
--Tools: Piccolo, Dulcimer, Viol, Thieve's Tools (BG), Dragonchess(BG)
--Vehicles: Spelljammer vehicles (250gp training)
~BG = Background

Skill Check Modifiers:

-ProficientProficency BonusStat BonusTotal ModPassive Check
-Acrobatics(Dex)
Animal_Handling(Wis)
-Arcana(Int)
Athletics(Str)
-Deception(Cha)
+History(Int)
Insight(Wis)
Intimidation(Cha)
-Investigation(Int)
Medicine(Wis)
Nature(Int)
Perception(Wis)
+Performance(Cha)
--Persuasion(Cha)
+Religion(Int)
--Sleight-of-Hand(Dex)
-Stealth(Dex)
Survival(Wis)
-Thieves' Tools(dex)+2
+1*
+2
+1*
+2
+2
+1*
+1*
+2
+1*
+1*
+1*
+2
+4
+2
+4
+2
+1*
+2+3
+2
+3
+2
+3
+2
+2
+3
+3
+2
+3
+3
+3+5
+1
+4
+5
+4
+1
+4
+4
+1
+3
+1
+5
+7
+4
+7
+5
+1
+515
--Expertise
+College of Lore
*Jack of all trades
[/sblock]

[sblock="Racial Traits"]
Racial ASI, +2 Cha, +1 to any other two ( Dex, Int)
Darkvision, 60'
Keen Senses, You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
Fey Ancestry, You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Skill Versatility, You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.(Perception, Arcana)
Languages, You can speak read and write, Common, Elvish, and one other- Draconic
[/sblock]

[sblock="Inventory"]
Equipment:
Leather Armor
Rapier(1d8 Piercing, finesse ), dagger (1d4 Piercing, finesse)
Piccolo
[sblock="Entertainer's Pack"] Includes a backpack, a bedroll, 2 costumes, 5 candles, 5 days o f rations, a waterskin, and a disguise kit[/sblock]
from background:
A crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch, leather eyepatch

Wealth: 750
[/sblock]
[sblock="Class Traits"]
Ritual Casting, You can cast any bard spell you know as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag.
[sblock="Bardic Inspiration"]You can inspire others through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.[/sblock]
Jack of all Trades, You can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.
Song of Rest, help allies during a short rest, each regaining an additional 1d6 HP
Expertise, Double the proficiency bonus of two chosen skills.
College of Lore:
Bonus Proficiencies: You gain proficiency with three skills of your choice (History, Performance, Religion)
[sblock="Cutting Words"] You learn how to use your wit to distract, confuse, and otherwise sap the confidence and competence o f others. When a creature that you can see within 60 feet o f you makes an attack roll, an ability check, or a damage roll, you can use your reaction to expend one o f your uses o f Bardic Inspiration, rolling a Bardic Inspiration die and subtracting the number rolled from the creature’s roll. You can choose to use this feature after the creature makes its roll, but before the DM determines whether the attack roll or ability[/sblock]

[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells"]
Cantrips (2 known)Bard Spells Known =6

Presdigitation
Vicious Mockery1st level
Cure Wounds
Disonant Whispers
Heroism
Sleep

2nd level

[/sblock]

[sblock="Background"]
Spy​
(criminal variant)
Jackson comes from a remote outpost, an only child, he was raised by his single human mother before during the Human-Dragon wars. She was an ambassador for her colony, which is how and where she met his father, whom she never spoke to him of and never revealed a name. She taught him in the ways of subtlety and discretion in politics. A gifted musician, he leaned toward the musings of the musical colleges, and became a bard. But his hidden talent lay in his glibness, his instinct for coaxing information, and his ability to walk through a crowded room without being noticed, or to be the center of attention as case may be. For the time being, he was a bard for all intensive purposes. Upon turning of age, Jack was joined up with the locale militia, winding up in covert ups and eventual working as a double agent. He spent many years honing his skills at disguise, stealth, and subtle burglaries of information. One day his mother passed away from old age, taking the secret of his father with her, and Jackson left the colony in to find a better life.

He's learned to fit in, learned to be the guy that everybody turns to when they need a hand, the guy that they can confide in, the one they want to share their stories with, and he reciprocates by sharing embellished tales of his own.
He is known through out the quadrant by many names, mostly by his occupational moniker Ramblin' Jack, which he gigs under when portside. The spy network knows him as Cash, and he often wears an eye patch to disguise himself while on mission into enemy territory or behind frontlines and goes by the alias One-Eyed Jack, or One-Eye.

He doesn't wear the patch to be cool or intimidating, he does it to hide a scar under that eye, from an accident in which he fractured his cheekbone, which is a dead give away as to who he is; and to this day when he is pressed or nervous he has a noticeable tick

lately he has feel in with the <insert awesome crew name here> of the <insert even awesomner ship name> Shrike, and they are his only family or people who he cares about now that his mother has passed.

Specialty: Covert Ops
Feature: Covert Contact You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison in the spy network. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances (need DM edit)

Background Traits:
I am always calm not matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them. I will become the greatest thief that ever lived. I have a “tell” that reveals when I'm lying.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
Wrong thread man, there's a link to the RG a few posts up

Remove ads