D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Pirates of the Spheres: Captain's Privilege (Recruiting)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Any chance any of your other games will start up? I was having fun with all three (I think three, maybe four?) games you were running!

Shayuri

First Post
Work in progress sheet. Pretty much just firming up a few things like equipment and skill/languages. Trebuchet is as pure a tank as I can manage, with an AC that's frankly a little embarrassing. Crack that shell though, and he's not TOO hard to kill. In my headcanon, his sword and hammer are actually integral pieces of his body, and his summoning them via Weapon Bond is actually them sliding out of panels and compartments. He's also equipped with a charged particle emission node (for shocking grasp and later, lightning bolt) and a core plasma tap (for Firebolt, Burning Hands, and of course Fireball in the fullness of time). Along with a point defense force field (Shield) that brings his AC to unholy levels (28) as a reaction.

He's quite vulnerable to anything that requires a Dexterity or Wisdom save though, as befits being a plodding mechanical monster with an overly-simplistic understanding of itself and the universe. Trebuchet is the very definition of 'a man who has only a hammer' who sees every problem's best solution being a nail.

Or in his case, about 10,000 nails. Fired at high velocity from an electromagnetic accelerator, and tipped with high explosive paste.

Trebuchet
Neutral Warforged Fighter 3
Background: Soldier

Str 16
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 8
Cha 12

HP 28
AC 21 (23 w/shield)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +0
Exp: 0

Race
-------
Warforged
- +1 to Str and Con
- +1 AC
- Immune to Disease; does not eat or breathe; only needs 4 hours rest/day, fully alert during rest
- Bonus language

Class
-------
Fighter
- Fighting Style - Defense (+1 AC)
- Second Wind 1d10+3
- Action Surge
- Archetype - Eldritch Knight
* - Weapon Bond (Longsword and Warhammer)

Proficiencies
--------------
Weapons: All simple, all martial
Armor: All armor, and shields
Tools: Gaming set, land vehicles
Saves: Strength, Constitution

Feats
------

Skills
-------
Athletics 5
Intimidation 3
-
-

Languages
----------
Common
?

Spellcasting (Difficulty 12)
Slots: 1 - 2

Known
0 - Shocking Grasp, Firebolt
1 - Burning Hands, Shield, Feather Fall

Equipment
-------------
Cash: 1000

Weapons
--------
Longsword, +5, 1d8+3
Warhammer, +5, 1d8+3
Spell Attack, +4

Armor
------
Plate +1 (uncommon magic item pick)

Gear
-----

Leif

Adventurer
Added some personality/characterization notes

[sblock=Larken, Wood Elf Druid (fleshed out a bit more)]
Larken, Wood Elf Druid L3 -- Environmental, Healing Officer / Ship's Doctor
Druid Circle: Circle of the Moon

15 W elf (wood) +1 = 16 +3
14 D elf (wood) +2 = 16 +3
13 C +1
12 Ch +1
10 I -
8 S -1

Ability Scores (arranged)
S 8 (-1)
D 16 (+3)
C 13 (+1)
I 10 (-)
W 16 (+3)
C 12 (+1)

HP: 9+6+6 =21

wood elves are proficient with longsword, short sword, short bow, longbow, walking speed 35', mask of the wild.
druids are proicient with: light armor, medium armor, shields, club, dagger, dart, javelin, mace, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, sling, spear.
Tools: Herbalism Kit
Saving Throws: Int, Wis
Skills: Perception, Survival

Carries a quarterstaff, upon which he casts shillelagh at the beginning of combat (casting time - 1 bonus action, d8 damage, uses spellcasting ability modifier (+3) for attacks and damage).

MAGIC ITEM (uncommon): Cloak of Protection (+1)
Leather armor [AC = 11+3(dex)+1(cloak)=15]

Spell Save DC: 8+2+3 = 13
Spell Attack Modifier: 2+3= +5

SPELLS [Slots: L1: 4, L2: 2]
Cantrips known: Druidcraft, Shillelagh
Spells Prepared: Cure Wounds (1d8 per level+3), Healing Word (1d4 per level+3), Speak With Animals, Thunderwave (15' cube originating from Larken, 2d8+1d8 per level above 1st+3) damage, save for half), Lesser Restoration, Protection from Poison

Background/Personality
Larken was raised as a typical elf, with all the usual elvish reverence for nature and the natural world. He channeled this into his druidic studies and did very well. His greatest interest and fascination was with he sky and stars, which led him to journey between worlds as soon as he could. His long service in space has given him a broader outlook than many druids, but it has also made him long for simpler times before he became aware of other worlds. Things were so much simpler then! If only he could go back....
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'm envisioning him more as 'techno-magic.' So there may be some techy terms thrown in there, but if you crack him open, there's weird physics going on. A physicist or engineer wouldn't make head or tails of him.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I am feeling like poo at the moment so I'll try to make time this coming week to go over characters in more detail.

The group still needs to finalize a decision on the type of ship and the name of the ship.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Kelsynn 'Ironhand'- WORK IN PROGRESS

(VERY MUCH A WORK IN PROGRESS)

>Kelsynn 'Ironhand'

Mountain Dwarf, female
Rogue 1/Ranger 1/Fighter 1; XP ?
Background: Criminal (smuggler)/soldier

[sblock= CRUNCH]

STR 16 (+3)/19 (+4)
CON 14 (+2)
DEX 14 (+2, save +4)
INT 10 (+0, save +2)
WIS 13 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0)

HP: 26 (8+2+6+2+6+2)
AC: 19 (16 Breastplate, +2 DEX, +2 shield, +1 Defense style)(14 w/ leather, no shield)
Magic item: Gauntlets of Ogre Power (her left hand is actually a technomagic prosthesis, similar to the 'living construct' make-up of a warforged; it also acts as half the set of Gauntlets)
Melee attack: +5
Range/finesse: +4

-Trained skills: Athletics +5, Investigation +2, Perception +5, Sleight of hand +4 (Rogue class); Deception +2, Survival +3 (background); Nature +2 (Ranger MC)
-Expert skills: Perception, Thieves tools
-Tool proficiencies: Smith's tools (racial); Thieves Tools (class); Carpenter's tools (Background); Tinker's tools (learning)
-Languages: Common, Dwarven, Draconic
-Feats/ASI: None yet

>Dwarf racial features:
-Mountain dwarf; +2 STR, +2 CON
-Dwarven armor training
-Size Medium; Speed 25 (not reduced by armor)
-Darkvision 60'
-Dwarven resilience
-Dwarven combat training
-Tool proficiency: Smith's tools
-Stonecunning
-Languages: Common, Dwarven

>Rogue class features:
-Sneak attack: +1d6
-Expertise: Perception, Thieves tools

>Ranger class features (MC):
-Natural explorer= favored terrain- Underdark (tunnels on asteroids or planets)
-Favored enemy= undead

>Fighter class features (MC):
-Fighting style= defense

[/sblock]

[sblock= FLUFF]
Background feature: Criminal contact (Broker/fence)
Trait: I'm fascinated by technology, magic or not- from the tiniest clockwork toy to the largest ships in the fleet.
Trait: I'm happiest when I'm working- I hate sitting still or doing nothing.
(Trait: I collect exotic melee weapons, even if I can't use them)
Ideal:I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals. (Also, I don't give my word often- but if I do, I'll keep it)
Bond: Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I'll never leave a friend behind.
Flaw: The monstrous enemy we faced in battle still leaves me quivering with fear (or anger); She hates 'normal' undead, fears spectral/magical undead, and doesn't trust dragons worth a darn...

Capsule background: Like many dwarven clans, Kelsynn's relatives made a lot of their living mining asteroids for precious substances, most of which they sold to mercantile agents of the dragon empire. They also sold other interesting substances (mined or distilled) to a variety of less reputable buyers, and indulged in a bit of smuggling and similar 'hobbies', which were frowned upon by the dragons, who saw the dwarves as their subjects... After a raid by imperial agents, Kelsynn and several of her clansfolk were arrested, and offered a term of military service instead of execution. They were inducted into different units- Kelsynn's first term was in the infantry (as part of a mostly dwarven unit who specialized in confined space work, both on ships and in tunnels on planets or asteroids); her second term was in a combat engineering team (handling fortifactions, sapping, and heavy weapons). After a particularly disastrous action on an asteroid filled with undead, Kelsynn was mustered out of the service due to injuries. She drifted a bit until she reconnnected with an old friend of her clan, who needed some work done- in return for her service, she got a new left hand. And some more work... Since then, she has served as crew aboard a number of ships, some more reputable than others- she typically works as a rigger, cargomaster, and engineer; she also does a bit of work as an enforcer (as well a some more, ahem, complicated assignments).

Background: Criminal (smuggler)/Soldier (Engineer/infantry); Skills- Deception, Survival; Tools- Carpenter's tools; Language- Draconic; Feature- criminal contact (broker/fence)

Gear: (1000 gp; c= carried/worn, s= on ship, eq= donated as part of ship's equipment)
-Gauntlets of Ogre Power (uncommon)
-Breastplate (medium armor); c
-Leather armor (light; back-up); s
-Shield; c
-Battle ax; c
-Short sword; c
-Whip; c
-Club; c
-Dagger (x3); c
-Javelin (x5); c
-Hand ax; s

-Thieves tools; c
-Carpenter's tools (X2); 1s, 1 eq
-Smith's tools; s
-Tinker's tools; s
-Explorer's pack (2 x50' silk rope instead of hemp); c or s
-Crowbar (x2; 1c, 1 eq)
-Hammer; s
-Climbing kit; s
-Rope (50' hemp, x3; 1s, 2 eq)
-Travelers clothes (x4; 2c, 2s)
-Block and tackle; eq
-Grappling hook; eq
-Pitons (x20); 10s, 10 eq
-Sledge hammer; s
-Belt pouch x2; c
-Sack (x5); c
-Chalk (x5); c
-Iron spikes (x10); 5c, 5s
-Whetstone (x2); c
-Waterskin; c
-Ready cash: 100 gp, 9 sp, 6 cp
-Donated to ship fund: 100 gp (+equipment)
-Applied to learning 'tinkers tools': 48gp/48 days (of 250)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads