• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr (FULL)

Forged Fury

First Post
Sorry folks, probably not going to get around to reviewing any crunchy bits tonight. This cold is no fun and I spent about two hours today trying to find a single transposed pair of numbers in a few hundred credit card transactions. Looking stuff over for accuracy is not in my wheelhouse tonight, I'm afraid.

Feel free to tweak as you so desire. For those who are planning to submit, no worries. There's still plenty of time.

Zansy

Explorer
I'd probably go straight fighter. Tank like character. Just to get the hang of the system. It seems like it would be easier for now. Every party needs a tank.

Dwarven fight. Heavy full plate with a guisarme for reach. And maybe a large hammer strapped to his back for when the beasties get to close.

Love playing dwarves. Fighter should be easy to learn the basics.

Awesome :). Dwarven fighters are really awesome. +2 Constitution and darkvision stand out for you, as well as being good against poisons and stuff. You have 2 options for subclasses, (I think you have them in the basic rules) The mountain dwarves offer a considerable strength bonus, The armor proficiency is redundant since you are a fighter. The hill dwarf offers a small Wisdom bonus, but also gives you +1 HP per level, which is kind of nice. It's a matter of taste.
The basic rules have 1 archetype: The champion. It's pretty fair, makes you more durable and do what you do more competently.
The PHB also has the battle master, which gives you more options in combat, and the Eldritch Knight, that lets you fight better with access to arcane spells, primarily those of abjuration and evocation from the wizard's spell list.

There are also more backgrounds for you to choose from, but I don't know how fast you wanna go ^_^

Egon

First Post
[MENTION=6800672]Egon[/MENTION] Character submissions are open until this coming Sunday. At that point, I'll review the characters and pick 3 or 4 of them. Thanks!

I'll be working on a character in the next couple of days. If you have enough submissions to make a decision with, then don't wait up for me!

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I have a second character I want to submit, if allowed, for some arcane oomph ;-)
Cheers,

SG

[sblock]
Name: Tobin Silvernose
Sex: Male
Race: Rock Gnome
Class/Level: Cleric 1/Wizard (diviner) 3
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: Small
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Gnome)
Init: +2
Senses: Darkvision (60 ft.)
Passive Perception: 14

DEFENSE
AC: 18 (14 Scale Mail or breastplate, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
HP: 31 (1d8 +3d6 +8 Con)
Saves: Wisdom & Charisma
Special Defenses: Gnome Cunning. You have advantage on all Int, Wis, and Cha saving throws against magic.

OFFENSE
Speed: 25ft

Weapon Attack Damage Type Range
Staff +1 1d6-1 B
Dagger +4 1d4+2 P 20/60

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+1) , Con 14 (+2), Int 16 (+3), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 9 (-1)

SKILLS Proficies in bold, expertise in italics: 2 Cleric, 2 Knowledge Domain, 2 Background
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
+7 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
-1 (cha) Deception
+7 (int) History (+9 if checks concern items)
+4 (wis) Insight
-1 (cha) Intimidation
+5 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
+3 (int) Nature
+4 (wis) Perception
-1 (cha) Performance
-1 (cha) Persuasion
+5 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth *Disadvantage* (no disadvantage if breastlate)
+2 (wis) Survival

RACE FEATURES
Darkvision: Can see in dim light within 60' as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it was dim light
Gnome Cunning: You have advantage on all Int, Wis, and Cha saving throws against magic.
Artificer’s Lore: Whenever you make an Int (History) check related to magic items, alchemical objects, or technological devices,
you can add twice your proficiency bonus, instead of any proficiency bonus younormally apply.
Tinker proficient in tinker's tools. Can spend 1 hour and 10 gp to make tiny mechanical device.

Languages: Common (racial), Gnome (racial), Celestial (domain), Draconic (domain), Abyssal (background), Infernal (background)

BACKGROUND FEATURES Sage
Feature: Researcher
Skill Proficiencies: Investigation, religion

Traits: Soft-spoken and shy, although if you get him talking about a subject he is passionate about, he will talk your ear off.
Ideal: The pursuit of knowledge is not only a path to self improvement, but our duty to both our ancestors and our descendants.
Bond: I work to preserve the knowledge I have studied, and hope to contribute my own works one day and create my own library.
Also, I will be relentless in my fight against those that seek to hide the truth and destroy knowledge.
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of information. It can be quite a challenge to tear me away from my work

CLASS FEATURES Cleric
- Spellcasting: Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 12. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +4.
Proficiencies Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons
Divine Domain (Knowledge) Blessing of knowledge: add two languages known, select two skills (Arcana, History), you double your proficiency bonus for those skills.
Cantrips Known: Guidance, light, Mending
1st Level Spells Prepared: Bless, Cure wounds, Healing Word, Command*, Identify* (* is a ritual spell)

CLASS FEATURES Wizard
- Spellcasting: Intellignece is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 13. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +5.
Arcane recovery Once per day when you finish a short rest, you recover spell slots that have a combined level equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up),
and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
Portent When you finish a long rest, roll tw o d20s and record the numbers rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or
a creature that you can see with one o f these foretelling rolls. You must ch o o se to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only o nce per turn.
Each foretelling roll can be used only once. W hen you finish a long rest, you lo se any unused foretelling rolls.
Cantrips Known: Prestidigitation, minor illusion, fire bolt
1st Level Spells Known: Shield, Sleep
2nd Level Spells Known: Misty Step, levitate, ray of sickness, miror image

Spell Slots: 4/3/-/-/-/-/-/-

Spellbook spells:
level 1 (8): Shield, Sleep, comprehend languages*, alarm*, Find familiar*, Tenser's floating disk*, Unseen servant*, featherfall (* are ritual spells)
level 2 (2): Misty step, levitate, ray of sickness, miror image
Note: 2 of the level 2 spells would have been purchased or found

Familiar: Pek (owl) - AC:11, HP:1, Speed: 5ft fly 60ft, Per+3 Ste+3, Darkvision 120 ft, Flyby, Keen Hearing and Sight, Talons +3 1

Feats:None

Physical Appearance:
Tobin is an average sized gnome. He has silvery grey hair, with green eyes and a bright smile. His complexion is more tan that one would expect from someone who spends at much time pouring over old tomes as he does.

Backstory:
Tobin came to Tethir to study at a young age. No tragedy or twist of fate landed him on the doorstep of the city's library, just an unending well of curiosity about anything and everything.
Poor of coin and devoid of any marketable craft skills, Tobin elected to join the priesthood of the temple that oversaw the library.
He spent many years pouring over old tomes on the arcane, history, religions, and anything else she could get his hands on.
During his time at the library, he was approached many times to assist the Shadow Stars of Tethyr in obtaining information.
Seeing the Queen-Monarch as an agent of truth and stability, Tobin was more than happy to oblige, and he has since joined the organisation.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Meadowlark, human paladin (shepherd)

tumblr_lqcbht8A7x1r1g5m2o1_1280.jpeg

[sblock=Paladin 4]Meadowlark
LG Human Paladin of Devotion
Level 4

Abilities:
STR 16 (+3)
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 8 (-1; save +1)
WIS 11 (+0; save +2)
CHA 16 (+3)

Size M
Speed 30
AC 18
Init +0
Hit Points 32

Proficiency bonus: +2
Proficiencies: all armor, shield, simple and martial weapons
Saves: CHA, WIS
Skills: Athletics, Persuasion, Animal Handling, Survival, Perception
Tools: Herbalist’s kit, Pipes
Languages: Common, Goblinoid

Attacks:
Longsword, 1d20+5 to hit, 1d8+5
Ray of Frost (60'), 1d20+5 to hit, 1d8 cold damage and target slowed 10'

Background (trait): Shepherd (wanderer)*

Race abilities:
* Variant Human: extra skill, feat, +1 str/cha (incl. above)

Class abilities:
* divine sense (locate celestial, fiend, undead; 4x/long)
* Lay on hands (20 pts/long)
* Fighting style: Duelling (+2 damage when attacking with single 1-H weapon, incl. above)
* Spellcasting: DC 13
- 5 spells prepared: bless, compelled duel, heroism, purify food and drink, wrathful smite (+ protection from evil and good, sanctuary)
- slots: 3/-/-/-/-
* Divine smite: expend spell slot for +2d8 radiant damage
* Divine Health (immune to disease)
* Channel Divinity (1/long):
- sacred weapon: with an action, attacks become +3 (CHA) for 1 minute, with bright light
- turn the unholy: show holy symbol, undead and fiends w/in 30' make wis save or are turned

Feats
* Magical Initiate (Sorcerer)
- Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Mending
- Level 1 (1/long): Jump
* Shield master
- with attack action, use bonus action to shove a creature w/in 5'
- add shield's bonus to any DEX save targeting only me
- if DEX save for half, use shield to make save for no damage.

Skills
+0 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics
+3 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
+0 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
-1 (int) Investigation
+0 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+2 (wis) Perception
+3 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion
-1 (int) Religion
+0 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+0 (dex) Stealth -- disadvantage in armour
+2 (wis) Survival

Characteristics:
Personality: I am cheery and confident about the blessings of a good life.
Ideal: I have doubts about the future for which I am destined.
Bond: I place deep trust in strangers I barely know.
Flaw: I have a tendency to wander off on my own.

Equipment:

Weight: ~100 lbs (240 carrying capacity)

* Longsword
* shield (6)
* dagger
* chainmail (60)
* Holy symbol
* explorer’s pack
* pipes
* shovel
* iron pot
* common clothes
* herbalism kit
* belt pouch with 5gp
* Trinket: a small idol depicting a nightmarish creature that gives me bad dreams

Notes:
*Shepherd (custom background):
-skills and equipment as folk hero (w/ instrument replacing artisan kit)
-tools: musical instrument, herbalism kit
-feature: wanderer, as per Outlander[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]

A shepherd in the fields in the back-country outside of Mosstone, Meadow's early life was simple: many responsibilities caring for flocks, but a low pressure life that she could handle well: playing the pipes, tending her animals, flirting with the swineherd. When the Reclamation Wars came, her family, like that of so many others, found safety in the church; nothing like war to bring converts to St Cuthbert [or some other LG divinity]. Meadowlark was not as caught up as the others; but she did recognize that her idyllic life in the fields was now seemingly gone. Then, with the end of the war, came the Prophecy. She was told it was for the best, and she was able to keep her spirit through the recruitment process, but it was because of the Prophecy that she was sent away.

Many are called, and it seems that many are also chosen, since it's sometimes hard to interpret prophecies, and this one was vague enough that it might refer to her, or to any of the dozen that were recruited in her cohort. Three died, and seven washed out, but two of them were chosen, which is of course only to say two of them made it through the trials. But they both found the ability to heal. They were the ones destined to become paladins. But with that calling, Meadowlark and Thorgeir were taken from their previous lives completely. Drills, summonses, assignments, and prayers. St Cuthbert needed workers, and they were the chosen ones for this year. Others would tend the flocks in the back-country outside of Mosstone.

And, possibly, either of them might prove to be the fulfillments of the Prophecy. That would only happen if the situation was right. And so they were sent on separate assignments, in hopes that the Prophecy could someday be fulfilled through them. Meadowlark was made a Shadow Star; she didn't know where Thorgeir was sent. These two were added to the many others dotting the villages of Tethyr: children born when the Wagon first touches the horizon; those who were found surrounded by wool [or arguably leather; the scholars disagree on this point -- Thorgeir's mother made fancy coats]; those who would be taken from the banks of a river; and all the many other criteria that the Prophecy seemed so intent to describe, but were (so Meadow thought) ultimately unclear. Except of course for the final clause, which was clear enough: the prophecy would only be fulfilled when the chosen was would be killed defending the Saint.

NOTE: this character was originally created for a game that was abandoned by the DM; I've levelled her up and tweaked a few things, but basically she's carried over.

If accepted, there might be some tweaking of cantrips from for flavour.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads