D&D Adventurers League Open Call for Designers

Have some great ideas for adventures? "Want to hear all the great stories your friends will tell about the time they played that amazing adventure you designed for the D&D Adventurers League? Then take the first step towards being a D&D Adventurer’s League adventure designer! Check out the instructions in the Open Call for Adventure Designers and send your submission to Resource Manager, Bill Benham at submissions@dndadventurersleague.org. We will be accepting submissions for this open call until February 28th."

Have some great ideas for adventures? "Want to hear all the great stories your friends will tell about the time they played that amazing adventure you designed for the D&D Adventurers League? Then take the first step towards being a D&D Adventurer’s League adventure designer! Check out the instructions in the Open Call for Adventure Designers and send your submission to Resource Manager, Bill Benham at submissions@dndadventurersleague.org. We will be accepting submissions for this open call until February 28th."

Only 8 days left, but still plenty of time to get your entries in! You do not have to have publishing credits, but it helps! More details here. It doesn't say how much it pays, but be sure to read What's A Freelancer RPG Writer Worth? before you apply!

Open-Call-for-Adventure-Designers.jpg

pedr

Explorer
("Delinquency" means created but not reported events. It means that stores need to report or cancel the events they create, rather than leaving them unreported. It doesn't have anything to do with player turnover.)

Well now you've heard of it. Any game store that cannot gather that number of people to play games is not much of a game store in my opinion.
The other requirement is a playerbase of 30, with no more than 6 being absent (20%). That's 24 people that need to show up every week. Or 4 tables of 5 people and a DM.

I can't think of many stores that could handle 4 tables of games, even space wise, let alone being able to hear.

pedr

Explorer
Where are you getting the no more than 6 absent from? That's not what delinquent means, as far as I know. One event with 12 people and a total of 30 unique people over a period of time (12 months?) is all it takes.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The other requirement is a playerbase of 30, with no more than 6 being absent (20%).

You're misinterpreting what the 20% means (and someone already corrected you on this). That's the number of play reports you fail to file, not the number of players who fail to show up. Hence the 0% for the highest tier - it's a judgement of your ability to file reports on the games you play.

That's 24 people that need to show up every week. Or 4 tables of 5 people and a DM.

Not every week, but PER YEAR, COMBINED. Here, maybe read the page? It says, "Requirements [For preceding 12 months]" and lists this: 1) 4 reported events [in a year], 2) 30 unique players combined [in a year], 3) one event with 12 players [in a year], 4) introduce 6 new players in an event [in a year], and 5) file a report on at least 80% of your events per year.

So I say again, if you cannot pull that off, you're not much of a store. In fact, I think I could pull that off at my house just with the people I know. That's basically four days of gaming in a year: Day 1, 6 players. Day 2, 6 players. Day 3, 6 players. Day 4 , 6 players at one table, 6 new players at another table. Make sure you file a report on 4 of those 5 games. Done.

Yup, thinking about it, I could pull that off. The 6 new players would be kids, but I've been planning on running a one-off kid's game for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're misinterpreting what the 20% means (and someone already corrected you on this). That's the number of play reports you fail to file, not the number of players who fail to show up. Hence the 0% for the highest tier - it's a judgement of your ability to file reports on the games you play.
I stand corrected. (The correction didn't quote me so it didn't come up in my scans of the thread.)

Not every week, but PER YEAR, COMBINED. Here, maybe read the page? It says, "Requirements [For preceding 12 months]" and lists this: 1) 4 reported events [in a year], 2) 30 unique players combined [in a year], 3) one event with 12 players [in a year], 4) introduce 6 new players in an event [in a year], and 5) file a report on at least 80% of your events per year.

So I say again, if you cannot pull that off, you're not much of a store. In fact, I think I could pull that off at my house just with the people I know. That's basically four days of gaming in a year: Day 1, 6 players. Day 2, 6 players. Day 3, 6 players. Day 4 , 6 players at one table, 6 new players at another table. Make sure you file a report on 4 of those 5 games. Done.

Yup, thinking about it, I could pull that off. The 6 new players would be kids, but I've been planning on running a one-off kid's game for a while.
I would read the page, but I'm on my iPad, and the WotC site hates my iPad. (I can't even use the community site on it anymore). It spawns some pop-up half off the screen that refuses to close.

There are hilariously few people reading each other's posts here.

You do not need a minimum of anything to have Adventurer's League at a store. Like, seriously. There are only requirements to get fancy certificates saying you have magic items you can trade instead just writing them down on your character sheet. Anyone can say "I want to run Encounters or Expeditions or both at my store" and WotC will hook them up.

You don't even need a store to do Adventurer's League, just a vague connection to one. I have played AL games in community rooms of apartment buildings, private homes, and the back room of a Denny's. No one is left out. The challenges are pretty much the same as any D&D game: having a DM and people to play with.

pedr

Explorer
For precision: Expeditions adventures must be played in public. You should not play them at home or online, under the current campaign rules. If you want to run them at events which are not sponsored by a store and advertised via the Event Locator you should contact WotC to request access, explaining the nature of the event you plan to run at.

There are pros and cons to that arrangement, but it's clear that those are the rules. The fact that an individual DM has access to the adventures (e.g. from running them at a store) does not mean that it is AL authorised to run them elsewhere, and any such games don't, technically, count as AL games which can give valid rewards to AL characters.

You can, however, run AL-legal games of Hoard, Rise, and Lost Mines anywhere - online, in private, etc.

jeffh

Adventurer
I know this is a bit last minute, but is anyone else noticing a weird problem with that Word template where it wants to capitalize words like "if" and "it"? I'm finding that any word that starts with I may get incorrectly "corrected" to capitalize the I. It doesn't always do it and it's not even consistent about which words it happens to, but it happens about 75% of the time, I would say.

At first I assumed this was an overenthusiastic version of automatically changing "i" to "I" (though that word should never appear in an Adventurer's League scenario as far as I'm concerned, except in dialogue). But there is nothing in the autocorrect settings that would explain this, and I don't have the problem in any other Word documents, only ones based on this specific template. It must be something screwy about the template, then, but what?

EDIT: Now it's also decided that when I hit the spacebar, I sometimes want one space and sometimes two, with no discernible pattern. Again, no such problem in any other Word documents, only ones based on this template.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads