D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I didn't claim flu would give a false positive. I said they could have flu while also getting a false positive. 2 independent actions...
Well, true- there are MDs reporting cases of people with both the flu and Covid-19 simultaneously.

But I don’t follow what your point is.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Well, true- there are MDs reporting cases of people with both the flu and Covid-19 simultaneously.

But I don’t follow what your point is.
You cited people with symptoms. I was suggesting the explanation for 91 cases out of 1.7 million may be more coincidence instead of representative.

Not worried about cats either. If they can get it then they get it much less severely/frequently than humans do.

Not worried about less than 100 people that appear to have gotten it again. When nearly 1.7 million cases have been discovered, the possibility of 100 people getting it again could have so many explanations.
1. Different virus with a false positive coronavirus test.
2. something special about those people allowed them to actually get it again but that doesn't apply to most people.
3. Test is so sensitive it's picking up inactive virus still in their bodies.

IMO Give it at least a few thousand people getting it again before I start getting worried that this virus will have an extremely short immunity period.

No, that article is specifically about cases in South Korea and it is 91 supposedly testing positive again out of the 7000 who were previously reported as recovered. 91 out of 7000 is a bit different than 91 out of 1.7 million.

FrogReaver

No, that article is specifically about cases in South Korea and it is 91 supposedly testing positive again out of the 7000 who were previously reported as recovered. 91 out of 7000 is a bit different than 91 out of 1.7 million.

Your right I should be using the worldwide recovered figure (the south korea recovered figure is still the wrong one). 376,000 instead 0f 1,700,000. Same difference. It's just as likely to be a coincidence or faulty test when it's 91 people out of 376,000

Zardnaar

Legend
Day 17 or lockdown, 23 of self isolating in my South Pacific Police State.

29 new cases, 4 deaths total (all over 70) one of the clusters in old folks home more deaths expected.

In D&D news wife's rolling up a Rogue/Illusionist for Castles and Crusades.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Your right I should be using the worldwide recovered figure (the south korea recovered figure is still the wrong one). 376,000 instead 0f 1,700,000. Same difference. It's just as likely to be a coincidence or faulty test when it's 91 people out of 376,000

They haven't retested 376 000 people.

FrogReaver

They haven't retested 376 000 people.

That's the point. 91 people confirmed by test to have it after recovering out of 376,000 people altogether. The odds there are just as likely to be coincidence due to faulty tests or any other number of reasons that wouldn't apply to a broader population. Get back to me if/when they find more.

Remove ads