D&D and the rising pandemic

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As for immunity, I heard something about cured patients becoming infected a 2nd time...
There's been a story about 130-ish cases in South Korea going round for about a month now, but it's always that same story and hasn't been replicated anywhere else in the world, and a lot of folks think that's more about the testing kits than actual reoccurrences. Every time it pops up, it's the same report. That said, there's no evidence yet that immunity happens, either. At this early stage, it's hard to tell. We'll know for sure in a few months though. Let's hope so!

ad_hoc

(they/them)
There's been a story about 130-ish cases in South Korea going round for about a month now, but it's always that same story and hasn't been replicated anywhere else in the world, and a lot of folks think that's more about the testing kits than actual reoccurrences. Every time it pops up, it's the same report. That said, there's no evidence yet that immunity happens, either. At this early stage, it's hard to tell. We'll know for sure in a few months though. Let's hope so!

I think the 2nd part is more concerning.

There are various coronaviruses where immunity does not last very long and the fear is that this will be one of them.

Waller

Legend
Oh no. Turns out Angry GM is one of those "your life is worth less than my FREEEEEDOM!" types....

Disappointing. Isn't he a Gamergater too, or am I misremembering?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Patriotic Choking Noises.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ugh. I don’t really know much about him, but this is unfortunate.

Angry GM said:
But you know what I think is worth risking my life for? Everyone's freedom to choose. So, yeah, I'll go out and make my voice heard in protest against the suspension of American freedom. And if I get sick and die, so be it. Once upon a time, people in this nation believed that it was worth risking a little death to be free.
He’s welcome to risk his own life. The problem is that it’s other people’s’ lives he’s putting at risk. Social distancing isn’t just about yourself.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I'm biased here too but a lot of my compassion is going out to the healthcare workers who are risking their lives (and dying) and don't have a choice not to work.

All these jerks with these protests are disrespecting the people keeping them alive.

That and that it's not a government led shutdown, it's all mandated from health professionals. The people keeping the world alive.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
The other big factor these 'freedom!' types are ignoring is that if the economy is open then not all people actually have the right to choose.

All the poor people must work.

It's not about freedom, it's about sacrificing the poor (which is business as usual I guess just much more gross now).

Challenging moderation
Let’s not elevate this from important safety advice to politics, please. It is important to get the social distancing message out, and to refute dangerous or incorrect safety information like that above, but let’s keep it to that.
Point of curiousity. Did you ban angry gm or azzy?

Remove ads