D&D and the rising pandemic

There's been a story about 130-ish cases in South Korea going round for about a month now, but it's always that same story and hasn't been replicated anywhere else in the world, and a lot of folks think that's more about the testing kits than actual reoccurrences. Every time it pops up, it's the same report. That said, there's no evidence yet that immunity happens, either. At this early stage, it's hard to tell. We'll know for sure in a few months though. Let's hope so!
In my neighboring county, in Washington State, the first official case was deemed recovered, released from the hospital, and then declared to be positive again. So it isn't just in South Korea.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
What are you getting at?

Do you want people to not talk about it at all?

Should we stop our discussions because we don't know the full properties of the virus?

Been down this road not all that long ago. You all give this big concerned speech about something you don't know any of the properties of and, I say there are other possibilities and then I am the one getting dog piled on dismissing something no one knows anything about.

I'll tell ya what, if you can bring that up as a possibility to be concerned about then I can bring up the possibility that it's really a big todo about nothing.

Zardnaar

Legend
Zero surprise on that one. He's always turned me off in the way he writes.

He might be partly right though.
First cases of starvation are happening in India.

People are lining up for food hand outs in America. One article I read was projecting beef shortages in the US.

Produce is rotting in the ground in various countries.

Lockdown does seem to work but you've got to do it early and total.

NZ seems to have worked out trajectory was the same as everyone else's then it flattened for a week then declined. It peaked at 89 doubling every two days.

Testing has doubled since then, last 3 days 9, 15, 8 cases.

We went into total lockdown once they found 2 cases of community spread. The partial thing to lockdown lasted 2 days, then another 2 days to full lockdown.

USA/UK had that choice back in early February. It they took it around about now they would be similar to NZ on a larger scale. Once Italy did it 11th of March everyone else should have.

You're going to do it anyway may as well do it sooner rather than later.

Zardnaar

Legend
And posting in bed at 7:38am.

I have company. Random cat picture just because.

IMG_20200420_073747.jpg

Someone's enjoying lockdown. Crap at D&D though.

Zardnaar

Legend
Stat up a Tabaxi- or a Hound Archon- and see if that tickles kitty’s fancy.

Or maybe a character that has to roll a lot of dice, Yessssss...dice rolling...

If by dice rolling you mean find it under the couch she's good at that.

More (mild) disruptions to food.

Gonna need workers in about a month.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I see you are familiar in the ways of cats!

Somewhere, I gave a picture from my childhood (in the mid-70s) of my two cats storming my castle and wreaking havoc with the plastic knights & horses. Well, not so much storming as one occupying the courtyard and keeping the other out.

I need to scan it one day...

Remove ads