• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
South Pacific Police State Update.

One more week of level 4 lockdown, then dropping to level 3.

They're very similar but we can't get takeaways delivered and construction firms can build stuff.

Our level 3 is kinda like everyone else's normal lockdown.

Level 3 is for two weeks so 3 weeks of lockdown left.

Only 8 cases of community transmission contained, Director General of health seems confidant of no community transmission.

9 news cases today, same as yesterday.

Level 2 isn't business as usual but schools are open. Schools optional for level 3 due to returning parents .

Only 500k people are working atm that will double next week.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
One of the primary reasons that the military makes you stay clean shaven. Gas masks don't work over bushy beards very well.
Depends on your branch and country, I knew several of my Dad’s male colleagues and direct reports during his time in the the Army’s medical branch had moustaches or neatly trimmed beards- things like goatees or Van Dykes. None of the AF guys in the same programs did, though.

Hussar

Legend
Depends on your branch and country, I knew several of my Dad’s male colleagues and direct reports during his time in the the Army’s medical branch had moustaches or neatly trimmed beards- things like goatees or Van Dykes. None of the AF guys in the same programs did, though.

Well, yes, this is true. My brother was stationed at the north pole (Alert) for about 6 months and came back looking like a mountain man. :D Navy obviously allows for facial hair as well, depending on your branch. It's not like you face a lot of gas attacks on a submarine. :p Well, at least, not enemy gas attacks.

3) Ideally- and I‘m guilty of this- your facial hair doesn’t protrude under the boundaries of the mask.

We're gonna need a bigger mask
beard_feat.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend

Puff piece on my she who must be obeyed number 3. I live with the other 2.

It explains what we did.

Turns out it's possible to get sick of canned peaches.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Puff piece on my she who must be obeyed number 3. I live with the other 2.

It explains what we did.

Turns out it's possible to get sick if canned peaches.
It’s possible to get sick of anything.

I learned to cook because Mom got sick and was hospitalized for a couple weeks. When discharged, she was still on bed rest for another week. During that time, Dad fed me cereal for breakfast, PB&J for school lunches...and PB&J for dinner. The J was always grape- the only flavor I liked.

“When you get better,” I whispered to her, “teach me how to cook!”

Fast forward to my freshman year of college. I had no car, and our entire campus food service was in the middle of being renovated, and the lone open cafeteria closed at 7PM. So if i missed dinner there and my more mobile friends were out of touch, I was reduced to eating what I had in my dorm fridge or closet. Many times, that meant a PB&J. By the time I finished that first year, I had gone through pounds of the stuff.

I still eat peanut butter, but my appreciation of grape jelly was extinguished that year. It has been something like 33 years now.

I similarly burned out on white chocolate in about a year. I only eat it in certain cookies, these days.

I even had a month off of beef after a 4 day binge.

Zardnaar

Legend
It’s possible to get sick of anything.

I learned to cook because Mom got sick and was hospitalized for a couple weeks. When discharged, she was still on bed rest for another week. During that time, Dad fed me cereal for breakfast, PB&J for school lunches...and PB&J for dinner. The J was always grape- the only flavor I liked.

“When you get better,” I whispered to her, “teach me how to cook!”

Fast forward to my freshman year of college. I had no car, and our entire campus food service was in the middle of being renovated, and the lone open cafeteria closed at 7PM. So if i missed dinner there and my more mobile friends were out of touch, I was reduced to eating what I had in my dorm fridge or closet. Many times, that meant a PB&J. By the time I finished that first year, I had gone through pounds of the stuff.

I still eat peanut butter, but my appreciation of grape jelly was extinguished that year. It has been something like 33 years now.

I similarly burned out on white chocolate in about a year. I only eat it in certain cookies, these days.

I even had a month off of beef after a 4 day binge.

Been eating oatmeal since January. Sexing it up with blueberries and banana and out of fresh blueberries.

Now it's canned peaches, and bought some cornflakes and and rice bubbles.

Plan was to avoid the supermarkets as much as possible due to maybe asthma. Only went once in a month.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Been eating oatmeal since January. Sexing it up with blueberries and banana and out of fresh blueberries.

Now it's canned peaches, and bought some cornflakes and and rice bubbles.

Plan was to avoid the supermarkets as much as possible due to maybe asthma. Only went once in a month.

Oatmeal I usually keep simple: made with milk, not water, flavored with sugar & cinnamon.

How about a sweetener like honey, maple or agave? Possibly with nuts?

Remove ads