D&D and the rising pandemic

Hussar

Legend
Well, the PM here in Japan just extended the Stay at Home orders for another month. Good on him

And, in other news, they are now very seriously talking about changing the Japanese school year to match the rest of the world and start in September.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
And, in other news, they are now very seriously talking about changing the Japanese school year to match the rest of the world and start in September.

I was wondering where in Japan you were, and I looked at your profile and thought "Fukuoka... why does that sound familiar?" It's because I was in Kitakyushu a year-and-a-half ago. When I go to Japan, I don't normally get too far from Tokyo.

All of this is, of course, totally off-topic - except to say, "I guess I won't be going back there anytime soon."

... Which is sad, really. I'm overdue.

(I'd also intended to return to New York someday soon, and to visit New Zealand for the first time.)

I think international travel might be out for awhile. Like a year, at least. Not that I would ever have been able to do anywhere near all of that in a single year, but still... between the pandemic and the draining of all my potential travel-money - it looks like that's all going by the way-side for some time.

Zardnaar

Legend
I was wondering where in Japan you were, and I looked at your profile and thought "Fukuoka... why does that sound familiar?" It's because I was in Kitakyushu a year-and-a-half ago. When I go to Japan, I don't normally get too far from Tokyo.

All of this is, of course, totally off-topic - except to say, "I guess I won't be going back there anytime soon."

... Which is sad, really. I'm overdue.

(I'd also intended to return to New York someday soon, and to visit New Zealand for the first time.)

I think international travel might be out for awhile. Like a year, at least. Not that I would ever have been able to do anywhere near all of that in a single year, but still... between the pandemic and the draining of all my potential travel-money - it looks like that's all going by the way-side for some time.

We're closed up until further notice. There's still theoretically possible to get here. But into the cage you go.

Covid-19: What it's like inside managed isolation

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Silver lining:

1) maybe the near catastrophic impact of .covid-19 will finally convince the (surviving) cruise lines to take public health issues more seriously.

2) maybe surviving airlines will remove some seats, making air travel safer AND more comfortable simultaneously.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Silver lining:

1) maybe the near catastrophic impact of .covid-19 will finally convince the (surviving) cruise lines to take public health issues more seriously.

2) maybe surviving airlines will remove some seats, making air travel safer AND more comfortable simultaneously.
I never took you for an optimist. ;)

On a positive note,

I contacted a friend that I grew up with that now lives in Tokyo just to see how he was going (something I've been doing a lot of in the past 2 months).

Turns out that his D&D group had moved online because of isolation, and he invited me to join.
Have played the past 3 Sunday nights and it's one of the few things I look forward to these days.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I never took you for an optimist. ;)
I’m a SPECULATIVE optimist.

(I will say, though, that I predicted Spirit Air would do exactly that on certain routes in an MBA class final paper a few years ago...turned in 30 minutes before they made a public announcement stating exactly that. Got an A.)

Remove ads