D&D and the rising pandemic

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Yeah. People for some reason decided that as soon as we start approaching the most amount of deaths in the country that it's time to reopen everything. You know, if we're going to have the record for deaths in any country, why not go all the way? (Obviously I am sarcastic. I have a soul.)

Zardnaar

Legend
Well went for a walk to pharmacy and back about 5km round trip.

Some local cafes are open. All our big box stuff still closed. First time I've gone anywhere apart from supermarket since mid March.

IMG_20200507_114721.jpg

This is the pharmacy and local medical center. Barricades set up, they just gave me another prescription over the phone. Inhalers were $3 USD for two. Limit of 3 in store at one time, staff will get stuff off the shelf for you. No touching.

IMG_20200507_114602.jpg

Sanitizer is turning up in supermarkets again. Pharmacy has masks and sanitizer.

1NZD approx 0.63 USD. NZ makes N95 masks and ventilators apparently.

Second coffee I've had this year from Cafe. You can't enter the shop. They've blocked the door with a table and set up EFTPOS machine. No contact shopping in lockdown level 3. They've put the cakes/slices/muffins in window. Impulse buy got me.

IMG_20200507_115424.jpg

2 large coffees and two slices were approx $13 USD. Two coffee shops right near the Pharmacy.

IMG_20200507_124050.jpg

Chocolate base, cherry, peccan maybe.

Most shops still shut. Sane with banks etc.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
...and the latest, long-lasting symptoms of unknown duration

Yet another article that describes what I've gone through in the past 8 weeks. (Though I don't think I've had a fever for at least 5 of those weeks, maybe 6.) But, MAN... I wonder when I will stop choking on goo.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Yet another article that describes what I've gone through in the past 8 weeks. (Though I don't think I've had a fever for at least 5 of those weeks, maybe 6.) But, MAN... I wonder when I will stop choking on goo.
Take care of yourself, and get well. I hope you get through this. (But on the discouraging side of things. I live with this particular virus that just comes back whenever my defenses get low. I'm always one bad -or short- night or an incredibly stressful situation away from it coming back.)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
A better statement would be, "Deaths overall in the US are rising, along with cases."

Yah.

So, we have had a statistical weirdness related to Covid-19. As you'd imagine, overall traffic volume is down. However, at least in my town, traffic accidents are up. Apparently, those idiots who are on the road are saying, 'Gee, the road's empty! I can go as fast as I want!' and they then smash into other cars and people, because they forget silly things like physics don't shut down during a pandemic.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
That'sssss. Um. Yeah, this is not good. Strange situations bring out the worst in a lot of people. Idiots get more idiotic an start burning down cell towers because they think viruses are transmitted through 5G networks. (Cell Tower Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory)

People shoot each other because they don't have the decency to put on face masks.

People want someone to blame for ruining their spring/summer plans, so they draft up conspiracy theories, go on protests that make us stay in longer, and blame China, the Government, and basically anything on the current world we're living in.

Remove ads