D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
How hard are masks to buy in your area? I wore them twice.
Some local crafters are making reusable cloth masks- and soon, so will we- but buying the typical, over the ear disposable ones is definitely more difficult than it used to be. Because we’ve been constraining our trips outside of the house, we haven’t exhausted our initial supply of those, and we’ve added to our stash when we could.

Zardnaar

Legend
Kinda weird. Supermarkets now stocking hand sanitizer and walking to car from restaurant.

IMG_20200524_181718.jpg

50 pack of masks approx $70 USD.

Haven't been in this area since first week of March.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
For those wondering about the classless individuals that have been coughing and spitting on/at people, here’s one who was caught, arrested, and charged with at least one felony:

There are more, but I’m just posting this one reminder: it IS illegal, and perpetrators could face jail time & fines.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
I was texting with a female friend last night of out state, she and her husband are swingers (they're mid-50s) and she said they have been going to parties regularly every weekend and have no intention of stopping because of Covid. Building immunity to it through exposure if their plan she says.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
For those wondering about the classless individuals that have been coughing and spitting on/at people, here’s one who was caught, arrested, and charged with at least one felony:

There are more, but I’m just posting this one reminder: it IS illegal, and perpetrators could face jail time & fines.

This was from March 24th.

Here's quite the update:

Back in the quaint times when NJ had 3675 confirmed cases. They now have 156 142 confirmed cases.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I was texting with a female friend last night of out state, she and her husband are swingers (they're mid-50s) and she said they have been going to parties regularly every weekend and have no intention of stopping because of Covid. Building immunity to it through exposure if their plan she says.
Yeah, people don't understand that this isn't how it works. You can't give yourself a "vaccine" to it by being around people with Coronavirus. You'll more likely catch it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This was from March 24th.

Here's quite the update:

Back in the quaint times when NJ had 3675 confirmed cases. They now have 156 142 confirmed cases.
Dude is a piece of work.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
We're seeing very low reports of deaths coming from the USA right now.

New cases every day dropped to 20k/day May 10th and have stayed there so new cases aren't really dropping.

Active cases have been steadily climbing. There were 900k active cases on May 1st and now there are 1.14 million.

And yet, death counts have been dropping rapidly. Today saw 500 deaths and yesterday was 600. That's only 2 days so I suppose we will see what tomorrow brings.

With the above numbers I would expect more deaths though.

Do you think with states like Florida controlling and manipulating the information they're giving out we're not seeing the full picture?

If New York is taken out of the data then the rate of infection is still continuing to climb throughout May. Yet, the death count is dropping.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
US always has deep dips in reported numbers on weekends. And today is Memorial Day, so this weekend was three days long. Tomorrow the numbers should hop back up again as reporting agencies return from vacation and play catch up on the stats.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases