D&D and the rising pandemic

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I see my fellow citizens are getting tired of wearing masks, and choosing not to, which is starting to irritate me. I want to go find a good T shirt that says, "Just wear the darn mask, already" or some other similar piece of wisdom in large, friendly letters to wear when I go out for a walk.
In my town, practically no one is wearing masks. It's really irritating, and more than just that. It's disgusting. I would buy one of those T-shirts if I could find one.
Yes, I know that probably means I'll get punched in the face or shot by some numbnut....
Seems possible, with how people are acting in America right now. There was that security guard shot because they wouldn't let someone in a store without a mask, there was that couple that pointed a gun at peaceful protesters, and other examples.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Since Gov. Abbot made the masking order statewide- about damn time- compliance has skyrocketed. Still seeing occasional Karen’s & Kens, but fewer people simply eschewing masks.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Since Gov. Abbot made the masking order statewide- about damn time- compliance has skyrocketed. Still seeing occasional Karen’s & Kens, but fewer people simply eschewing masks.

First Walmart, and now Target and CVS have also gone to "you must wear a mask in this store". If Walmart actually enforces, that's apt to give everyone an easier time of it in the long run.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Just so I have this right.

Trump has now pulled the US out of WHO. And is now stripping out the CDC. Do I have this right?

It is my understanding as well that the task of collecting the data was given to a private company and will then funnel that data to HHS under Azar who would then either determine who needs the data or present it. That part isn't clear.

I think it is pretty dumb to add additional moving parts to this, especially as the CDC already has the history and experience of collecting and interpreting the data. A lot of fears that there could be an attempt to step away from transparency, as well as the wisdom in giving the data collection task to a commercial entity.

Ryujin

Legend
In my town, practically no one is wearing masks. It's really irritating, and more than just that. It's disgusting. I would buy one of those T-shirts if I could find one.

Seems possible, with how people are acting in America right now. There was that security guard shot because they wouldn't let someone in a store without a mask, there was that couple that pointed a gun at peaceful protesters, and other examples.

Well if you're serious.....

Ryujin

Legend
First Walmart, and now Target and CVS have also gone to "you must wear a mask in this store". If Walmart actually enforces, that's apt to give everyone an easier time of it in the long run.

Well when you have people who comment about someone in Wal-Mart not wearing a mask and having a gun pulled on them....

Remove ads