D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
Presidential only every hits the 66 percent I think local is less but would have to look it up.
Also Mid terms are like 40 percent here

We don't have midterms but the terms are 3 vs 4 years.

Local elections turnout is abysmal I think it's something like 10-20%.

Local body very pale and male but people don't vote, the ones that do tend to be boomers. It's really easy to vote as well no one does though.

I don't vote local but don't complain about it either.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ackkkkk there is terrible... midterms are when we get local and state level generally speaking a lot of things rolled into one.

The local council's just really have to collect the trash and keep the water running.

There's no great policy or achievement they can really do. The bureaucracy runs the country for the most part.

I can only name 1 city councilor as I met him (assclown) and the major is some youngish fella who's a greenie his name eludes me atm.

14000 votes cast out of 120k people plus a few more in the surrounding area. His opponent was said ass clown and the Greens are popular at the local university and some students voted and he won with a few thousand votes.

ccs

41st lv DM
On another forum I've started a thread about do you trust your government.

The further away from my local lv, the more my answer becomes NO.
And at the federal lv that no applies even when I agree with/support/like them.
The current batch on top? To put it very mildly? I do not agree with/support/like them.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The FDA report on the benefits of convalescent plasma therapy was apparently grossly overstated according to many scientists, including those who did the study.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
The FDA report on the benefits of convalescent plasma therapy was apparently grossly overstated according to many scientists, including those who did the study.

I have suspected as November draws near, that the US will amplify it's rush to find the silver bullet to COVID-19. It is going to be... interesting...

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
More of trump's pushing nonsense ... anyone really expecting much after recommendations we listen to the one with a history of talking incubus/succubus possessions?

Yes the President recommend this person and it's utter insanity.

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
More of trump's pushing nonsense ... anyone really expecting much after recommendations we listen to the one with a history of talking incubus/succubus possessions?

Yes the President recommend this person and it's utter insanity.

Well at least convalescent plasma therapy has some degree of credibility & limited success elsewhere to it. It's not nonsense on the lv of drinking bleach & inserting UV light....

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Well at least convalescent plasma therapy has some degree of credibility & limited success elsewhere to it. It's not nonsense on the lv of drinking bleach & inserting UV light....
yes its not voodoo dolls I suppose... it is from back in the 1900s

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The local council's just really have to collect the trash and keep the water running.

There's no great policy or achievement they can really do. The bureaucracy runs the country for the most part.

I can only name 1 city councilor as I met him (assclown) and the major is some youngish fella who's a greenie his name eludes me atm.

14000 votes cast out of 120k people plus a few more in the surrounding area. His opponent was said ass clown and the Greens are popular at the local university and some students voted and he won with a few thousand votes.
I'm not even 100% on who the mayor of Auckland is... I tend not to vote local either, I just don't have enough information for an informed vote and I tend to be too lazy to look for it.

Remove ads