D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And a restaurant worker in Nebraska got fired for violating company policy of posting video on social media of what happened during her shift- in this case, their governor (maskless) wandering around gladhanding & doing photo ops with anyone who wanted a keepsake of the encounter.

She absolutely violated company policy, but in the light of the realities of the pandemic, does not regret her actions. I predict there will be a GoFundMe check headed her way.

I also expect this story won’t die quickly, seeing as how Gov. Ricketts & his wife were exposed to COVID on the 10th, and were supposed to be quarantining until the 22nd. 😡

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Ok, last night the official record of deaths in my country finally reached 100k. Mind you this doesn't include the 20k+ deaths they admitted not counting a few weeks back. Or the 206k+ deaths that some estimates do...

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
And a restaurant worker in Nebraska got fired for violating company policy of posting video on social media of what happened during her shift- in this case, their governor (maskless) wandering around gladhanding & doing photo ops with anyone who wanted a keepsake of the encounter.

She absolutely violated company policy, but in the light of the realities of the pandemic, does not regret her actions. I predict there will be a GoFundMe check headed her way.

I also expect this story won’t die quickly, seeing as how Gov. Ricketts & his wife were exposed to COVID on the 10th, and were supposed to be quarantining until the 22nd. 😡

Ricketts is an anti-science one in general he was offering the university scientists funding if they avoided and or ignored evidence supporting climate change.... the university in not so few of words said ahem "no"

I am from Nebraska

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Ok, last night the official record of deaths in my country finally reached 100k. Mind you this doesn't include the 20k+ deaths they admitted not counting a few weeks back. Or the 206k+ deaths that some estimates do...
expected deaths this year compared to previous years may be the most accurate measure (the decrease in flu deaths due make even that a low estimate)

The US basically has half again more Covid19 deaths than typically estimated.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
expected deaths this year compared to previous years may be the most accurate measure (the decrease in flu deaths due make even that a low estimate)

The US basically has half again more Covid19 deaths than typically estimated.
It is more complicated than just excess deaths. We have to discount collateral deaths. Like people who died because they lost their job, or insurance, or couldn't get medical treatment because of triage or a shortage of medical supplies.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It is more complicated than just excess deaths. We have to discount collateral deaths. Like people who died because they lost their job, or insurance, or couldn't get medical treatment because of triage or a shortage of medical supplies.
Deaths because they couldn't get treatment because of the medical system being overwhelmed I would say is very much caused by the disease (amalgamated with really poor response to the disease) the death count would be lower if it was never over-whelmed... ie there are definitely complexities but we are undoubtedly under estimated regardless really poor testing being the obvious reason.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Deaths because they couldn't get treatment because of the medical system being overwhelmed I would say is very much caused by the disease

In a sort of moral sense, perhaps. When we total up the human cost after this is over, yes. In the same way that refugees who don't die by violence are still part of the human cost of a war.

But, when you are talking medically, in terms of what you have to actually do to stop this disease, no, definitely not.

Remove ads