• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
From what I read elsewhere, it is a basically like a 20 sided die with various coronovirus protiens stuck to eacg face.

Specifically, they are characteristic proteins that don't seem to change rapidly.

Unfortunately, as soon as you introduce a selective pressure based on those proteins, well, then we are apt to start seeing changes show up.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Specifically, they are characteristic proteins that don't seem to change rapidly.

Unfortunately, as soon as you introduce a selective pressure based on those proteins, well, then we are apt to start seeing changes show up.
The question then becomes whether the coronaviruses will mutate in response to those pressures in a way that they remain viable AND infectious to humans.

Hussar

Legend
Welp my daughter is doing home school this week. First time since this all began. Folks are really scared of omicron and are reacting very strongly.

Just had six of my own students announce they were staying away for a month. Man I’m getting closer and closer to losing my business.

No stress.

Retreater

Legend
My wife tested positive last week. We have been very cautious and avoided COVID for nearly two years. Cancelled our wedding three times and still haven't had the ceremony or reception. She ended up contracting it at her grandmother's funeral - a small, family gathering which lasted about 20 minutes, with everyone in attendance being fully vaccinated. It's completely gone through her family - I think 9 family members (about half the attendees at the funeral) have tested positive.
Anyone going into public right now should be very cautious.

Zardnaar

Legend
If people aren't dying as much this is good? Problem here is we haven't had previous waves so omicron may hot the oldies etc harder idk.

Their vax rates are very high though something like 95%+ iirc.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If people aren't dying as much this is good? Problem here is we haven't had previous waves so omicron may hot the oldies etc harder idk.

Their vax rates are very high though something like 95%+ iirc.

They should be okay for the most part - omicron tends to cause break through cases, but the vaccines tend to make for milder cases. Still need to watch out for the very weak (and the other 5%), though.

Remove ads