D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve been eating out 1-2 times a week since early 2021. Dad gets takeout or delivery near his office.

Mom, though, hasn’t since Feb. 2020…and she used to dine out slightly less than daily. So this has cut her off from a major part of her social life. At most, she has gone through drive-through lanes- she hasn’t even joined me inside an eatery to order takeout.

I don’t know why they freak her out more than the grocery stores and other places she HAS gone into.🤷🏾‍♂️

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
We don't go out; my wife and I bring "out" to our door...we use GrubHub and Door Dash when we don't feel like cooking.

A lot of restaurants in our area have stopped using these services, in an effort to "bring more people in" by eliminating any other alternatives. I don't know if that tactic is working or not, but it hasn't convinced us to leave our house. Whenever we discover a restaurant is no longer offering delivery services, our instinct is to call a different restaurant or just cook something....not decide to go sit in a restaurant with dozens of coughing, unmasked strangers.

Zardnaar

Legend
We don't go out; my wife and I bring "out" to our door...we use GrubHub and Door Dash when we don't feel like cooking.

A lot of restaurants in our area have stopped using these services, in an effort to "bring more people in" by eliminating any other alternatives. I don't know if that tactic is working or not, but it hasn't convinced us to leave our house. Whenever we discover a restaurant is no longer offering delivery services, our instinct is to call a different restaurant or just cook something....not decide to go sit in a restaurant with dozens of coughing, unmasked strangers.

Only once sat in a full restaurant when members of family who have had Covid booked a Saturday night event.

On Tuesday we were the only ones in the restaurant this week.

I'm booking a Sunday night for July.

Vaccination rates hot 95% and mask use is compulsory in restaurants and things like supermarkets and near 100%.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

Probably a good thing. I have been bar hopping since Jan and I got covid back in the winter. Along with a few colds. I just cant live alone anymore.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I think the social isolation enforced by this virus has, in many ways, harmed people even more than the economic damage has.
That, and it's seriously exacerbated certain divides, splitting families and friendships along vaxxer/antivaxxer, etc, lines-- like so many other needlessly (hopelessly) politicized issues in recent years.
Covid happened at an awful time in history, I fear.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
That, and it's seriously exacerbated certain divides, splitting families and friendships along vaxxer/antivaxxer, etc, lines-- like so many other needlessly (hopelessly) politicized issues in recent years.
Covid happened at an awful time in history, I fear.
My immediate family has weathered it well. Some of my cousins have absolutely fallen out with each other. Very sad.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My immediate family has weathered it well. Some of my cousins have absolutely fallen out with each other. Very sad.
We had to part ways with a long-time friend who was living with us at the time. While always conservative, she suddenly went deep into the conspiracy-laden world of Fox, Newsmax and OAN. She’d leave the room if someone tuned into CNN. She was vocally anti-Fauci, the man who co-designed the program that turned out the best immunologists in the country…including my father.

And when she turned out to be anti-vaccine (in general!) and anti-mask? That elevated tension to the point she moved out. (To be clear, we did NOT kick her out.)

Remove ads