D&D and the rising pandemic

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Okay cool, but in answer to your question:

The answer is no, that is not what the whole CDC is.

You do know what hyperbole is right?

The point is that we have an agency responsible for monitoring and responding to pandemics. It's called the CDC.

slobster

Hero

The point is that we have an agency responsible for monitoring and responding to pandemics. It's called the CDC.
I read your question as an actual question. Sorry if I got it wrong! Nuance can be hard to read on the internet.

In the case that you were legitimately asking if that was the CDC's sole mission, I provided an answer. Now that I've given it, have a great night! And stay safe (applying to everyone).

GreyLord

Legend
So, looking at gaming options from home, checked out the chat/discord from ENworld. many people seemed to be online there. Not sure how to connect to games though, or how to run a game if one wanted to run one via that instead.

It could be a resource to turn to for at home gaming at this time though I think, probably people are already doing it I just couldn't figure it out at first glance.

Over 100 people were online at the time though, so many seem to be using it.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
So, looking at gaming options from home, checked out the chat/discord from ENworld. many people seemed to be online there. Not sure how to connect to games though, or how to run a game if one wanted to run one via that instead.

It could be a resource to turn to for at home gaming at this time though I think, probably people are already doing it I just couldn't figure it out at first glance.

Over 100 people were online at the time though, so many seem to be using it.
My group uses Tabletop Simulator and Teamspeak for playing online.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yes. But they've been working on doing it for a tiny subset of workers, so a lot of workers still don't have paid sick leave, and if they don't get paid, some of them will die, because we don't really do functional social safety nets around here.

Medium and small businesses was what was announced. Large businesses can afford to do it themselves.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the various relevant governmental bodies are finally starting to take stuff seriously, but man did it take way too long for them to get started on that.[/quote}

I agree.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My regular group includes my son's friend, who has asthma, lives with his asthmatic mother, and elderly grandmother. No D&D with them, given the risks to all three of them if they get infected.

We will play D&D on the far side.

In the meantime, we'll be playing D&D and Tails of Equestria with a family-only group.

YEs, it is politics when you bring up the President in this manner.

Donald J Trump does at least. That is not a political statement, but an empirical observation, based off public statements Mr. Trump has given as a Private Citizen.

Here is one example:

Trump Steaks were advertised as “ The Greatest Steaks in the World”, yet received lower scores in a blind taste test, ran by the NY Post, than a much cheaper alternative. Actual reviews were mixed. The steaks were ‘grain finished’ which means, an all grain diet before slaughter, to promote ‘marbling’ aka fat.

Trump said this about Trump Steaks:
When it comes to great steaks, I’ve just raised the stakes!”
“Trump Steaks are by far the best tasting, most flavorful beef you’ve ever had. Truly in a league of their own.”

Just Talking about Steaks and Salesmanship.🥩

Last edited:

Remove ads