D&D and the rising pandemic

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Yeah. And, Canada has done a pretty good job at handling the pandemic, and then this person came along and decided to screw everyone over.

Yes and no.

Quebec is a mess.

Ontario dropped the ball on testing which is why the national per capita testing is now lagging behind many other countries.

Both provinces are opening up too early. Here is a disgraceful picture of a park in Toronto after park restrictions were lifted. Even the mayor was there and had his mask off. This after months of him scolding people for not following guidelines.

The biggest problem of them all is how hard long term care homes have been hit. 80% of deaths in Canada come from those homes. That is why the death rate is so high compared to the number of cases.

download.jpg

ad_hoc

(they/them)
California, Texas, and Florida seem to be the states that are picking up steam in number of cases.

California was doing quite well as a well populated state that was hit early. They have a similar population to Canada but had fewer cases until now.

Texas and Florida were both pretty quiet for a long time.

I think we're beginning to see the effects of reopening. Warmer states might have more of an issue as people have been gathering in the nice weather for longer.

And, we should remember that there's a lag between changes in behavior, and results. So, Memorial Day weekend? If there are results from that, we'll start seeing it in a week or two...

I think we have the results...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ate in a restaurant for the first time since February, partly out of necessity. We’re still in partial lockdown here in Tx, so it wasn’t a decision I made on a whim. I was running some errands when my BP meds kicked in harder than usual, so I needed to find a bathroom AND a meal so I wouldn’t pass out and/or piss myself. So I hit a little vietnamese chain place on my route.

It was a little odd, being told where to sit and seeing the plastic shielding and all the staff in masks, but also strangely comforting. These people were taking things seriously and doing what they could. It wasn’t my favorite pho, but I tipped like it was.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Finally got all the stuff for making reusable cloth masks assembled and ready to go, including some flexible plastic covered metal nose bands...and an additional idea I had.

I went to Joann’s Fabrics and got some Dritz Cord stops like these:

They’re not the ones I was hoping to get- I wanted a double cord design- but that’s what they had in store, so I bought them. They’re just big enough for our plan.

The idea is that, instead of an over the ear design, we’re doing a single cord mask design that uses paracord, tied in back of your head. But since my Mom is having some shoulder and arm issues, she might have trouble tying a good knot behind her head. With the cord stops, however, she can pinch, pull, and release for a perfect fit in seconds.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
If anyone wants disposable masks they are available in New Zealand. There were some N95 ones as well.

A 50 pack was around $80 USD plus postage so idk how that compares or if you can even buy locally. N95s (made in NZ) cost more.

IDK if shortages are still a thing. I can post them and can trade for D&D books.

Applies to anything in short supply for ENworlders. I'll do it at cost plus postage.

American dollar has gone down, 1 NZD is 0.68 USD I can look locally or you can go to mightyape.co.nz or trademe.co.nz.

Quick and dirty conversion is take 1/3rd off for an approximate price.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases