D&D and the rising pandemic

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Yeah. If you have a week with thousands of people gathering, and they aren't protected...

...And they are getting hit with tear gas and such so they are crying coughing, and spewing mucus...

You are apt to get a spike out of that, too. Spikes in cases for EVERYONE!
Yeah, tear gas and other unnecessary police brutality in the response to these protests are definitely not helping and keeping people from spreading/catching Covid-19.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Everybody dance now!

More like...
800px-Nuremberg_chronicles_-_Dance_of_Death_%28CCLXIIIIv%29.jpg

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Protesting during a pandemic is just stupid IMHO. Guess what's gonna get blamed if there's an uptick in Covid cases.
It is getting blamed, but these are getting blamed more than the protests against the shutdown.

It is stupid that we have to protest during a pandemic. It's absolutely idiotic that we have to be doing these protests. It's a bad idea, but have you every tried to delay anger? Ever tried to tell someone that they're not allowed to be angry until it's safe to be angry again? It just doesn't work. People are angry about police brutality now, and if we want anything changed, we're not going to wait until people have forgotten about this problem due to another thing going wrong in 2020.

Sure, it's likely to increase cases, especially with people packed into crowds by police "kenneling" tactics, and so on, but it's a problem, it's not going away if we wait for it to, and action must be taken now to change this.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This kinda surprised me:

Top: nose piece from deconstructed generic disposable mask

Middle: garbage bag twist tie

Bottom: the nose pieces I bought from Etsy.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Protesting during a pandemic is just stupid IMHO.

So, in life you will often find that there are conflicting priorities, important matters that call for mutually exclusive actions, and you have to make choices. When your biggest issue is, in fact, the disease, then yes, protesting would be stupid. For some folks, that's not the only big issue in life.

Maybe the guy who halfway around the world should not pass judgement on what's a valid big issue for others, hm? Just a suggestion.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m doing a little pantry cleaning, and, to my great annoyance, I found that one of the shelf-stable Almond milk cartons I bought at the beginning of the Covid-19 grocery hoarding nonsense is expired.

That happens. Oh well- the other one is good until this September.

Except the expired one has a “Best By” label of June 2019. It was months expired when I bought it.

I accept that it’s partly my fault for not reading labels on BOTH boxes, but I’m still ticked at whomever it is didn’t do their stock rotation job.

(First World Problems.)

Zardnaar

Legend
So, in life you will often find that there are conflicting priorities, important matters that call for mutually exclusive actions, and you have to make choices. When your biggest issue is, in fact, the disease, then yes, protesting would be stupid. For some folks, that's not the only big issue in life.

Maybe the guy who halfway around the world should not pass judgement on what's a valid big issue for others, hm? Just a suggestion.

Protesting mostly a waste of time IMHO and has been since the 90's.

It's also often counter productive.

It's mostly just a way to blow of steam, polititians ignore them for the most part.

The protest they do care about is the ballot box and local government.

The success rate is stupidly low iirc, politics papers at uni said they fail about 75%-90% of the time.

Intellectually I understand, pragmatically there's better things to do with your time that are more effective.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Protesting mostly a waste of time IMHO and has been since the 90's.

It's also often counter productive.

It's mostly just a way to blow of steam, polititians ignore them for the most part.

The protest they do care about is the ballot box and local government.

The success rate is stupidly low iirc, politics papers at uni said they fail about 75%-90% of the time.

Intellectually I understand, pragmatically there's better things to do with your time that are more effective.
Welcome to the "Most Unpopular Person In This Thread" group! (We have cookies.). 😇

Remove ads