D&D and the rising pandemic

I wouldn't group that in good news, as much as it is "not bad news".

Maybe that's because I'm a glass empty kind of person, but I generally don't see people failing to do bad things as good.

It's like when a James Bond villain (which, IMNSHO, Sinclair totally is) refuses to shoot a dog. It's not going to make me feel bad for them or change sides, but sometimes it's nice to know that evil has a rock bottom.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It's like when a James Bond villain (which, IMNSHO, Sinclair totally is) refuses to shoot a dog. It's not going to make me feel bad for them or change sides, but sometimes it's nice to know that evil has a rock bottom.
Of course, they haven’t chosen to rule out the possibility of airing it in the future, soooo...

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And why the Toronto Blue Jays are now playing in Buffalo, not Toronto.
Several of the pro sports leagues are doing this kind of thing- they’re sequestering the teams in limited numbers of places so they can control exposure to C19 while letting the athletes play games for money AND our entertainment.

Except, of course, they’re not actually quarantined, only slightly sequestered.

Ryujin

Legend
Several of the pro sports leagues are doing this kind of thing- they’re sequestering the teams in limited numbers of places so they can control exposure to C19 while letting the athletes play games for money AND our entertainment.

Except, of course, they’re not actually quarantined, only slightly sequestered.

The NHL is doing this, in two cities with a great deal of separation and actual security, to keep people from coming and going. The latter is what the Blue Jays lacked in their planning.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Exactly. You don't get an award for not murdering someone. You get an award for stopping a murder, or something that benefits society.

Ryujin

Legend
We were (hopefully) going to Stage 3 at the end of this week. Unfortunately things like this keep happening, spiking the infection rate, and putting it off. It doesn't take many people to screw up a whole area. Officials are reporting that the party involved up to 200 people and possible fines are in excess of $100K.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
We were (hopefully) going to Stage 3 at the end of this week. Unfortunately things like this keep happening, spiking the infection rate, and putting it off. It doesn't take many people to screw up a whole area. Officials are reporting that the party involved up to 200 people and possible fines are in excess of $100K.

That is awful and makes me angry.

However, are you sure the infection rate has spiked?

There are still only 1550 active cases in Ontario. That is up from a week ago but is that a spike? More importantly there are only 509 active cases in Toronto which is actually down from a week ago.

I think the spike is mostly in the Windsor-Essex area.

Ryujin

Legend

There are still only 1550 active cases in Ontario. That is up from a week ago but is that a spike? More importantly there are only 509 active cases in Toronto which is actually down from a week ago.

No spike with this one yet, but we won't know about that for 2 weeks anyway. Past incidents are what I was talking about. Even then I shouldn't really have referred to a spike because our local infection rates are just staying higher than they should. People here, in Brampton, can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that if they don't behave in a reasonable manner, we're just going to keep getting stuck at Stage 2.

At this point I'm only leaving the house once, maybe twice a week if I need to do a stint at my job in Downtown T.O. and being fastidious about mask wearing, and hand washing/sanitizing. After having pneumonia 5 times in my life, my lungs are basically scar tissue, so I'm not taking any unnecessary chances.

ad_hoc

(they/them)

For sure, the pandemic is very much not over and is even more of a concern for people in vulnerable populations. People are also only looking at the death rate and not the very large incidence of permanent damage to lungs, cardiovascular system, brain, etc.

I have been going out again. The TTC has mandatory masks which is nice. I went to the Islands on Sunday. Mandatory masks that are enforced on the ferry.

Remove ads