D&D and the rising pandemic

See previous note about humans and cognitive paths that are not entirely rational.

To deny the problems caused by COVID19 is irrational.

To refuse to wear a mask in public is irrational and apathetic to the plight of others.

To order those who you supervise to not wear a mask is beyond irrational and apathetic; it is domineering and narcissistic.

To refuse to let people into a building you control if they wear a mask is beyond domineering; it's malicious to those that are at serious health risk.

To do all this as a person with government authority is straight up Evil. With a capital E.

Zardnaar

Legend
They looked at making masks mandatory here but there's no real way to enforce it and the government would probably have to supply them.

Right now they're recommended for when social distancing isn't possible.

Virtually no one using them at the supermarket yesterday but the social distancing was good and staff had them.

We're at a lower alert level though than Auckland. Just don't go anywhere where I need them them. Canceled all the social stuff like D&D.

Businesses have sanitizer and QR codes displayed.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'll be wearing a mask when I go to the supermarket, for my morning coffee and walk I tend not to take one, not really interacting with anyone, everyone is more or less playing keep away.

I wish people would wear masks over here. I seem to be the only one doing it, and when I go to the supermarket, people look at me like I am some kind of alien. Mask are easily available here, so there is no excuse.

Masks are being enforced in public transport here. If you refuse to wear a mask, they'll kick you off the train. But your local underpaid casheer is not willing to get spat at and get punched in the face, for telling you to wear a mask at the local supermarket.

Zardnaar

Legend
Boring stuff. Took Jacinda 5 hours to lock Auckland down.

7 new cases today, 23000 tests done (previous best was 7800).

5 million masks on hand, 3 million sent to Auckland.

Our personal stockpile is 109 masks plus home made ones. Downloaded the QR ap today.

No D&D for 3 weeks under level 2, at the gamestore at least. Private games are ok.

Uptake on masks has been patchy. Didn't use them last time that much so countries not used to it.

Last time more evenly distribution ethnically, 80% Pasifika (50% Pacific Islanders, 30% Maori).

Compulsory supervised isolation this time around. Two weeks in a 4 or 5 star hotel not of your choice. Unlimited catering though;).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It baffles me when people claim you can't enforce masks. Umm, we enforce shoes and shirts. What's the difference?

There are a couple differences:

1) Shoes and shirts are already the norm. So, policing that is generally policing a very rare event, not a common one.

2) Folks get assaulted when they try to enforce mask use in the US.

Ryujin

Legend
Put the contact tracing app on my phone, on Friday. Phone was at 100% in the morning. Down to 60% by lunch, because it turned on everything that I turn off in order to save battery. I'll likely turn it on the rare days that I leave the house, like this Monday when I have to go in to work in downtown Toronto, but it's going to be off the rest of the time.

I usually get 2-3 days on a charge.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases