D&D and the rising pandemic

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
A huge drop in active cases in just four days!??!

Turns out that active cases includes "is presumed positive based on symptoms and/or close contact with a known positive COVID individual". Guessing that was a lot of tests that cleared people, and/or a lot of quarantines that finished pretty much all at once?

Food for thought. Throughout this whole thing US numbers are always showing pretty low during Holidays and weekends, especially Sundays. I would wait to see if this is a real trend downward, or if this was a "no one in the office doing the reporting" type of thing.

Edit: Though I understand your information is much more specific. I don't know how much of what I stated would be a factor on reporting for just that university.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Food for thought. Throughout this whole thing US numbers are always showing pretty low during Holidays and weekends, especially Sundays. I would wait to see if this is a real trend downward, or if this was a "no one in the office doing the reporting" type of thing.

Edit: Though I understand your information is much more specific. I don't know how much of what I stated would be a factor on reporting for just that university.

I'm used to that for reports of new cases (the local media made a big deal out of one of the types of tests going off-line because of a staff member illness). The one ghat got me here was that it was the active ones.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
This is bad news

My country had put a lot of money into this, which doesn't bode very well. Now Putin has threatened offered to flood the country share thirty million doses of the poorly tested Sputnik vaccine by November.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight

The group that did that study are not however epidemiologists so their interpretation of the data is subject to being confirmed...

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
The group that did that study are not however epidemiologists so their interpretation of the data is subject to being confirmed...
I still can't believe they went ahead with Sturgis, it is official every biker has secretly a death wish.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I still can't believe they went ahead with Sturgis, it is official every biker has secretly a death wish.
A rather balanced online doctor who goes as ZDoggMD is pretty certain that the estimates in general are low and outlines why... my brain let it go out a window

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)

And it may be costing about $12 billion in public health resources. But, hey, as long as the Sturgis, SD locals got their slice of the pie, it's all good, right? That's the thinking going into these decisions. If it costs the whole of us or the country $12 billion, that's so remote that it's abstract. It might as well not even exist. And that's the problem - people making these bad decisions think so individualistically that they can't seem to grasp the broader implications of what it does to us as a whole.
And that applies to protesting pandemic restrictions, demanding that the Big 10 reinstate the football season, and all that other crap that just puts the public health at risk.

Remove ads